Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #11
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
his game has no sound at all?
Are you playing this in Windows or properly, using DOSBox?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-04-2008, 10:45 AM   #12
Single

Question

im using Dosbox , if i load the setsound it tells me , cant find sound files.
if i run the game without load setsound it also doesnt have any sound too.
and yes , i downloaded the game from here.

i still didnt found out how to play ... the only thing the guy is doing is running left or right .. stand still .. or teleport back to the ship.
how to dig and wich class in the 1st lvl?
Single is offline                         Send a private message to Single
Old 12-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #13
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

@Single
I don't know what is happening on to your computer but there are no problems with this version of game when you're playing it on DOSBox!
All about controls that needed to be said is done in my review, so read that, if that doesn't help read the "manual.txt" file that is located in the game folder!

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello
Old 02-11-2008, 03:18 PM   #14
Llamatron
Lurker

I have trouble with saving games, as I always get an error when trying to.
Did anyone of you experience similar problems?
Llamatron is offline                         Send a private message to Llamatron
Old 25-03-2009, 01:43 AM   #15
Habborg

Hey. I got the same problem as the guy above me. I got no sound. I was wondering maybe there are some sound files i should have downloaded but franticly i can find none. I'm using DOSBox and when i launch setsound (in dosbox) it bumps "Unable to find Sound File". Any help here ? Should i change something in my dosbox or install something... Thanks for the help anyways.

Old 28-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #16
Snave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
All what I was looking in the review was if they fixed the control system from the last game. I look forward to try this game out since it seems it is.
The last game actually did fix the controls. The DOS port has two versions, the original with shitty controls, and an update that provides smooth keyboard input, improved sound and some other minor cosmetic changes around the shops. It was widely distributed in Australia as shareware in the mid 1990s (only the first stage) but the full version seems to have been lost. At the time, I had no way to pay international payments, so I had to stick to the freebie stage, but always wanted the full game. I've scoured the web regularly throughout the mid 2000s in search of either a place to purchase, or an abandoned copy of this beloved version and found no trace (and until the late 2000s, the internet had barely even a mention of Diggers at all).

Surprisingly, I never even knew a sequel existed until I was reminded of Diggers by a friend again just today. Time to download and have a whirl at the sequel!

Old 08-07-2013, 01:21 AM   #17
FeatheredSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habborg View Post
Hey. I got the same problem as the guy above me. I got no sound. I was wondering maybe there are some sound files i should have downloaded but franticly i can find none. I'm using DOSBox and when i launch setsound (in dosbox) it bumps "Unable to find Sound File". Any help here ? Should i change something in my dosbox or install something... Thanks for the help anyways.
Yup. Still no sound. No sound files either in the package from what I can see. If so, which files?
FeatheredSun is offline                         Send a private message to FeatheredSun
Old 19-10-2016, 08:54 AM   #18
blackmasked
Default extractors found at last

Both floppy and CD version of the game, including the audio tracks are available on http://www.old-games.ru.

Regards
Blackmasked