Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-07-2012, 05:02 AM   #21
michaeltheangeldude
Exclamation

Where's the study guide that comes with the game? There was like a readme file that had all the answers to the lies

Old 14-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #22
BloodlustSweden

I never thought i would actually disagree with a review on this site...was i ever wrong.. 5/5? No fo'ing way! "Teaches valuable truths and lessons"? uh...if you mean the whole religious stuff, i have no choice but to call you an idiot.... <.<
Old 15-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #23
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

For the game's intended audience, it does.
Anyone else is unlikely to touch this title with a ten foot pole, so *shrug*

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #24
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I say this game is fenomenal, although I too can't decide if this was a serious attempt, or just a sarcasm. For example noone can seriously say rainbows are not just light reflected by water in the atmosphere, because that it is.

Otherwise the graphic is nice, the gameplay is smooth...
Than came the problems.

First, the saves. In case you die you just restart from the nearest chapel. BUT all the trap-rooms are re-activated too. Not that I ever seen a trap-room which had two entrances, still... The stuff stay dead if you properly reload. Any cyber on corridors stays dead either way.

Second, the actual fights.
Matching/countering the phrases are good way to learn some skill of understanding texts. This is still true if you don't accept the interpretation of the texts.
But the actual sword-shield battle is just too fast. Defense is a must, but there is no time to get cover when the attack started. And it is though trial&error to figure out when you are supposed to attack (each time a specific animation must happen).

Third thing is, I got stuck. There are 4 ways to go at the moment to try to go, but neither of my phrases work anywhere. I suspect to blame the random engine for this, and is permanent.
Old 27-05-2015, 01:15 AM   #25
Oddbrother
Forum hobbit

This pre-installed package is locked to only the New International version of the Bible's verses. With a clean installation, we will be able to access different versions.
Oddbrother is offline                         Send a private message to Oddbrother