Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old News
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 20-10-2006, 04:46 AM   #171
Poker Crow
Abandonia nerd

I have 2 questions for Kosta:
1) How many points are awarded for the answers submitted after the 2 day period?

2) Maybe I'm wrong, but are you sure that the screenshot #45 belongs to the game "Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday" and not to its sequel "Matrix Cubed"? I haven't found that exact screenshot anywhere, so I can't be completely sure about this, but as far as I know both games used the same graphic interface (or at least a very similar one) and could be easily confused. However, the posted screenshot has some text that describes that man wearing a ring with the letters P-U-R-G-E. I've searched thoroughly in reviews and walkthroughts for both games (there's only a few I must say) and the organization P.U.R.G.E. is part of the plot in "Matrix Cubed" and does not appear at all in "Countdown to Doomsday" (check HOTU). That's why I believe that game really is "Buck Rogers: Matrix Cubed".
Poker Crow is offline                         Send a private message to Poker Crow
Old 20-10-2006, 04:58 AM   #172
Poker Crow
Abandonia nerd

Ok, now I'm 100% sure... as a matter of fact, game #45 is "Buck Rogers: Matrix Cubed". I just downloaded it from HOTU to check whether the game interface was the same as in "Countdown to Doomsday" and yeah, it's the same.... but that's not all. Luckily the posted screenshot appears right away after starting the game! You should correct that answer.

Sorry if I caused any inconvenience to you Kosta.
Poker Crow is offline                         Send a private message to Poker Crow
Old 20-10-2006, 06:17 AM   #173
red_avatar
Administrator

Gah! I thought number 20 was Gateway II- I have that game but not on CD so it seems I never got to see that intro :S

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 20-10-2006, 08:50 AM   #174
SoulHunter

I think that there isn't CD version for GateWay 2, in fact, that cutscene shows up at the beginning of the game, when you left the building, at least in the version that can be downloaded here in abandonia.
SoulHunter is offline                         Send a private message to SoulHunter
Old 20-10-2006, 09:12 AM   #175
Overseer

I'm really disapointed with my performance in this contest :blink: Now I know that I really could find answers to all screens I didn't answer. And about one of the games... one of the easiest... my first impression was right, but I really couldn't confirm it, so I didn't send it :wallbash:
Overseer is offline                         Send a private message to Overseer
Old 20-10-2006, 10:26 AM   #176
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Poker Crow @ Oct 20 2006, 04:58 AM) [snapback]262357[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Ok, now I'm 100% sure... as a matter of fact, game #45 is "Buck Rogers: Matrix Cubed". I just downloaded it from HOTU to check whether the game interface was the same as in "Countdown to Doomsday" and yeah, it's the same.... but that's not all. Luckily the posted screenshot appears right away after starting the game! You should correct that answer.

Sorry if I caused any inconvenience to you Kosta.
[/b]
It is Matrix Cubed. I supplied Kosta with that screen, and also told him that it was Matrix Cubed at the time. This seems to have been a slip-up.
Old 20-10-2006, 10:53 AM   #177
drKarling

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ Oct 20 2006, 12:26 PM) [snapback]262438[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It is Matrix Cubed. I supplied Kosta with that screen, and also told him that it was Matrix Cubed at the time. This seems to have been a slip-up.
[/b]
I knew it!
Haha, another 3 points to boost my far to low score.
Since I don't remember all my answers or when I answered them, I think I just might be nudging 70 points or something like that.

So, no ipod for me then.

*edit*
I can't get over the fact that I missed Voyeur and Space Quest 4!
Damnit, I've played those games for effs sake.
drKarling is offline                         Send a private message to drKarling
Old 20-10-2006, 03:29 PM   #178
red_avatar
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jigglypuff @ Oct 20 2006, 11:53 AM) [snapback]262450[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ Oct 20 2006, 12:26 PM) [snapback]262438[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
I knew it!
Haha, another 3 points to boost my far to low score.
Since I don't remember all my answers or when I answered them, I think I just might be nudging 70 points or something like that.

So, no ipod for me then.

*edit*
I can't get over the fact that I missed Voyeur and Space Quest 4!
Damnit, I've played those games for effs sake.
[/b][/quote]

I didn't get SQ4 at first either - I first thought it was Rex Nebular but the graphical style didn't match yet I remembered that it was a comedy sci-fi game - it has been 10 years since I played SQ4 though. Voyeur I recognised right away though - bought that game years ago.

I'm thinking of making my own contest - but one that is slightly different :P I'd merge two games into one screenshot and make people guess both games. I wouldn't tell which parts would be off game 1 or game 2 of course What do you think?

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 20-10-2006, 03:35 PM   #179
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Scoreboard posted! Congratulations to all the winners and participants for making this the best Abandonia competition so far! :brain:

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 20-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #180
red_avatar
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kosta @ Oct 20 2006, 04:35 PM) [snapback]262535[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Scoreboard posted! Congratulations to all the winners and participants for making this the best Abandonia competition so far! :brain:
[/b]
Wow that was close! I didn't have much time to look up the last series so I only got three out of 5 there - I thought I was done for :P Don't ask me how the point system works though

Closed Thread