Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-04-2022, 07:33 PM   #541
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

You should try using WhereAreWe:

https://www.eskimo.com/~edv/lockscroll/WhereAreWe/

Really makes playing the games much easier and more enjoyable IMO.
Old 30-04-2022, 10:34 AM   #542
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

@SS

1) unless my sorc has that spell from the getgo (which he doesn't, I think), that won't help.

2) that's kinda obvious, but I refuse to get accustomed to sub-par, highly outdated features. One: no modern player would do so, two: I'm not very motivated on my part.

3) that was obvious, but it is a very clunky way. The good way was MM6-7-8, where the secret door was highlighted by red. There is a reason secret doors are used to be marked by cracks in the wall. You need to hint to the player (so they can find them), but you shall not make it obvious, otherwise it is not secret door.

4) I didn't even met a shop. Either way, unless those armor give HP instead of AC, it wouldn't help. The rats simply 1HKO certain classes.

5) well, with meta-knowledge I probably would know that. But the point was to enter without meta-knowledge, and play it as a game, not as following a set of instructions.
Computer-games too long were allowed to be nothing else but hint-line scams.

I gave up "early", because these games do not worth the effort today.

--------------------

@zirkoni

That's genious. I store the link for some later time. Hugh thank you.

--------------------

Unrelated: currently playing Swords and Souls: Neverseen. It is one of those flashgames which now pretend to not be flashgame, so to acess it I use the Netflix-method, whatever.
Point is, it has a minimal story-or-whatever, enough to fuel a playthrough. This is NOT a game you wish to replay. There isn't much reason anyway, unless you want to ocncentrate on one of the melee weapons exclusively.
The whole thing looks on papre repetitive, and technicaly it is, but if you focus on getting the badges during every level of training, you'll have only a couple of training-sessions before completion. Sure, those will be hours upon hours long sessions, but still limited number of sessions, what is ok.
The gaming-balance and economy-balance is of a flashgame, some achievements (juggler, especialy) are practical impossibility - no surprise, we are talking about an Armorgames product.
But it is a good reflex-training, I give you that.
Old 03-05-2022, 01:56 PM   #543
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Galador

Oh, man. There was a thing I did not remember from the demo. That either had no sound, or I just forgot the whole thing, or the 1% chance it was english.
Ye, sure, the full game surely has english subtitles, but not audio. Instead, the whole thing is polish. There should be ooption to chnage the audio, but GoG, in its infinite wisdom, did not tell us how to do that.

So I've tried, at least lowered the force of the sound, but it'll be a quarter or more year until I get in the mood again.
Old 12-05-2022, 03:43 PM   #544
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Tin Man's The Warlock of Firetop Mountain

Finaly some good game.
Yes, this is again another edition of TWoFM of the Fighting Fantasy series, BUT this time actual care went into the project.
The map got a massive overhaul, adding new stuff, a lot of timed event, and nifty graphic only computers can add instead of paper.

On the second note, it worth mentioning, this is still a gamebook, meaning you better make your own map (the ones on the net are seriously lacking, and while you can see pretty far away in the game, believe me, you better start ot make notes).
It's not that bad though like some Wizardry, or MM 1-2 without that automapping patch, but as you'll basicaly walk this place over and over and over, in a rogue-like fashion, you want to be as prepared as possible, and you WILL roam the Mountain quite some while, as you are given quite a bunch of characters, around a dozen, and that's just the story mode.

And darn, those characters worth it. They come with their own backstory - and personal quests! So this time prepare to NOT fight Zagor if you don't want to, because you do not arrive with that intention, and that's a relief, a big one!
The characters also not just come with their own agenda and attack abilities, but also personality! It was a nice suprise when the second character, who basicaly have the same skills as the first on the row simply refused to hide at the start because "this is the early, thus easy portion" of the game! And while this creates a distinct persona from your own, it actualy introduces roleplaying in a good way, an aspect FF was created for in the very beginning.
Knowing the map from the first palythrough not being able to break cvharacter created excitement for me, because I had to consider how the character will behave when facing certain situations I knew is coming. Like sure, in that room is a nifty item, or a handful of gold coins - but if I have to fight for it instead of being sneaky, that's a risk. Or I had to consider entering otherwise unappealing rooms because you can actualy make conversations (sometimes) with the residents of Firetop, and you want the information.

I've mentioned roguelike. This time the adventure catched early-AD&D-level feeling, meaning you have only a limited number of HP you have to manage. The characters being pre-made also forces you to strategies, consider to open a door you don't know what's behind it, or pick a fight you know from previous goes it is behind the door or not.
Pre-generated characters also prevent the 12/24/12 character-fatigue, and the varying combat-abilities help preventing the combat become monotous.

This is a great game, especialy in a world where reaction-shooter rule the market. You need to stop, think, strategize, recognise paterns, make probability-calculations.

Oh, and to spice things up, there are the achievements. Even the individual character quest ensured you'll discover the majority of the secrets of the Warlock's residents, but trying to figure out which character's quest allign the best with certain achievements creates an all new level of immersion.

All in all, I love it. Now let's hope I win this round.
Old 13-05-2022, 01:25 PM   #545
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Tunic (first impression)

Well, this doesn't start well.

One: you arrive without any goal, explanation, or anything nearbuy. Literaly not even anything that moves. Hugh mistake. If you put at least an enemy I must fight/avoid, I'm at the very least moved.
And don't start me that Zelda-comparison, there some hockey wizard shown up, and gave a goal. You had no idea where to execute that, but you did have a goal. The manual also told you your goal, and there was the intro-video that gave you at least vague ideas what oyu are up to.

Two: the lack of manual. Ok, start button-smashing for menu. Great! We do have a manual! Pressing F1... And nothing happens! Fok off, game.
Reading the store-page what'_s the fuss, seems you have to collect the manual. Fok off, game.

Ok, found a stick. MY idea: use it on that door I found. Ok, then not, it's just my basic weapon. Look, game, from the enemies I've found in the vicinity, you're not some Dark Souls. You are Little Big Adventure. You are a barely controllable, semi-boring piece of crap.

Yes. Isometric. Look, that worked for turn-based games, but otherwise it is not for PC-gamers. It needs a controller, a bloody joystick.

Also, game, why don't let me read stuff on the markings? And when I finaly find one, marking "Town", why can't I just walk there? I definitely need healing! Oh, wassis? An altair? HUGH mistake. One: I dunno if I can use it repeatedly. Two: I despise religion. I don't wanna play a religious character.
Then again, maybe not everything is lost... Why do I have a stamina-bar? It's not used for anything. Also, why don't I have a mana-bar? If I can have an unused stamina-bar, why not a mana-bar?

On the unreadable markings, and half the manual being unreadable gibberish, let's mention at the start you game let me wonder into some forest. Why you started I thoought they are spikes, and would hurt, but ok, they are pines. Now, this is obviously some open-world exploration game. Fine. Then why isn't in that explorable area ANYTHING to be discovered? Why the unreadable markings? Why are you actively DISCOURAGE me from exploring?

Ok, moving forward still. There's a branching path. Ok, let's investigate the Giant Golden Door, because obviously it won't let me through. And it did! And I cann ot go back! Damn you game, I want to go back exploring! Ok, only way out is forward... Maybe this will be the promised town? No. This'll be some stupid gimmicky place. Ok, whatever. Oh, no. No, no, no, no. There's my mother, and I have to free her. Total breaking of immersion. I already decided I'm a heartless, personalityless adventurer who is in this just for the money. Questions areise in hundreds. How did I not know it? How did I forget? How did I end up on the shore? Penyless? Whatever, I'm out where I was.
Let's go the other way. Oh, it's a dead end. Now what. Oh, I found a second item! Let's put it on a hotkey. Why can't I put it on a hotkey? Ok, whatever, the only place to go now is that door. Yes, it was a key. But this also means then, I can only have 3 items the same time? In an open-world exploration? No way!
Look, shiney! Hey, that's the town! How do I get down there... The game even teases me with a friggin telescope. Why even is that a feature at all, when there are 4 friggin buttons to look in directions? Who knows.

What I do know is, I'm not interrested in what this game offers. Especialy that it doesn't even offer me an AUTOMAP? Free-roaming open world exploration without an automap? You must be joking. You obviously have a hugh world here, there's no way I'll just mark things on paper like for The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, which has a very concised map, which you'll walk over and over and over.
Skip. Or look up a review on what is going on in this, because it is a confusing mess.
Old 23-05-2022, 09:49 AM   #546
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Space Hack

People compared this to Diablo 1, it is not.
In many aspect it is Diablo 1.5, but there are no skills to start with the differences.

The good part is: the controls are kinda smooth. Sure, I don't like the adjustable camera feature, and the game is kinda low budget, but it doesn't cause user-fatigue by trying to use it.
And there is a run-button! Sure, your stamina stinks rock bottom, but when you think about it, this is how Diablo 2 should have implemented stamina. Kinda. There's some problem with the stat-distribution you see, but more on that later.

There is an intro-video, what calls a Black Hole a Black Mist, but whatever. If you want to see it, watch it on youtube, or set the game to XP Pack 3.
No, you cnan ot re-watch the movie whenever you feel like, you must quit and re-start the game. But given this is some polish-or-what product, this isn't that much of a surprise, and the thing kinda gets in the way sooner or later. Just you better know, the ending-cinematic has the same requirement too.

Otherwise you go out, and shoot bugs. Very much like Starship Troopers in its concept.
The atmosphere is good with its foggy trees in the first area, then it changes to some forest-with-river in the 2nd, and metal corridors in the 3rd. In theory there are 15 areas, biodomes if you like. Filled with the same enemies (always adding to the variety), but whatever.

The concept was to have 1 resource in the game which functions as currency and ammo the same time, and while this is not just in rumour and reviews, but also in the manual - it is a complete lie. The ammo is some kind of item that gets dropped regularly. I don't see it in any of the shops, and kinda accumlates up, not seeing how it'd run out just by shooting enemies.

Oh, what else to shoot? There are alien eggs, at least the program calls it that, but more like insect nymphs. They function as crates, and can be punched open just by your fist.
Btw, don't stand around too much not wielding any kind of weapon. With a weapon, the character will do some flipping of it when "bored". Without weapon, the character gorunts. Ye, annoying noise is done.

Now in theory there are 4 kinds of charactertypes in the game?
One uses high-tech gizmos - forget it, there are no high-tech gizmo that cause damage. That leaves us with 3 charactertypes.
One uses melee weapon, one ... crafted ranged weapons (bows, slingshots and other stuff), and there are the energy weapons.

Now we've reached the problematic part of the game's design.
Ranged "traditional" weapons simply don't do enough damage. At least not in the range you can easily acess. There are later stuff that shoots razors? Saws? Whatever. I bet it is super-slow.
Why I think those are slow? One: phantastic damage. Two: melee axes. Yes, it turns out the different type of melee weapons have a hidden attribute: speed. Axes are slow. The others seem fine, and given the pathetic range of any ranged weapons, melee actualy doesn't seem that bad. Until you see some higher end melee stuff in the shop, which requires an unfathomable amount of statpoints to use. And you won't jump through levels, AND you can't grind up in previous areas by enemies respawning when oyu quit the game. Here the enemy never respawns.
Then there are the energy weapons. The major advantage of these is, they do not erode. They have no durability-stat. Also, while the manual says their energy-consumption is a stat - it is not, this is another lie/scrapped concept. They are pretty reliable otherwise - the worrying thing is, the higher tier weapons of these kinds don't really have much to offer on their damage by the looks of it. And they demand a kinda hardcore investment in the science/technology (whatever it is called in english) stat.

This investment in the science-stat is also in demand to use the high-tech gizmos, that give secondary ... abilities. There is your basic "teleport to the city and back" stuff. That can be used by anyone. It also only costs half the price of a health-pack to recharge (at least the 1-charge variant).

The Automathic Doc is just another dose of health-pack, but instead taking backpack-space, it is taking high-tech-gizmo-slot. Oh, and the more the charges of a gizmo, the higher the stat-requirement.
There is the "hologram" which works as Diablo's Decoy, or Battle Hologram that is like Valkyrie.
there is invisibility, Diablo's Fear (Flash), Diablo's Teleport (the sorc-ability), a mind-control thingy (like that paladin-thing), an identify-scroll, a freeze-enemy, and a bullet-time effect.

Stat-requirements of gizmos:
teleport: 20
autodoc: 35
flash (makes enemy run away, effect is turned off by the enemy being shot? Pointless then.): 35

hologram: 38 (2 charges!)

More on the energy weapons: this relates to the resistances, which you have 3, and can only be upped through items. You'd desperately need these, but you won't get them. Theíy also heavily influence what items you are wearing, preventing you from getting the ever so slim upgrades - or just bash head on.
On the sidenote, this game just might be one of those games which expects you to just stand around infinitely to get healed - because you won't have to resources otherwise to do so, that's for sure.
So, the problem of resistance sis - the enemy have them too! And the damage type of course. But there is no way to cycle through your weapons, adjusting the circumstances - even if you could figure out what has what resistances/damage type! Which you don't! This sucks hardcore.

EDIT:
- so, MAYBE your currency is your ammo, but if it is, it still works this way:
a) your maximum ammo depends on your Science stat
b) blue pods will refill your ammo (pods are rare though). Red pods recharge your HP by the way.

c) if your ammo reaches 0 IN THE CURRENT CLIP, you can buy a new clip for 100 currency.

I'm also curious of this 15 biosphere thing. I've cound some waypoint-teleporters actualy, and they can bring me to the A, B and C biospheres at the moment. But I've been through many more other areas, that do not have qaypoint-teleporters. And this game seems LOOONG already. Getting to the O-biosphere might take ... a while.

Note on energy weapons: definitely stick to your three kinds of weapons. It SEEMS the types are more efficient in areas, but we'll see that. If you don't hurt a flickering (I bet those are energy shields) enemy noticably, definitely change weapon (I hope you saved regularly). This doesn't always help though, some enemies are simply bulett-sponges, for the moment I'm thinking on those giant thingies towering over you like some Empire Walkers from Return of the Jedi.

EDIT 2: You definitely need to specialize. At the end of Biodome E there is the Queen's Nest, obviously holding the (a?) queen monester. As expected, it is a damage-sponge. So if you are using energy weapons, there is a plasma cannon which requires 119 science skill (at this point you could have 130-140 point in science if you spent ALL your points into it), which packs a punch.
There is some things to note here: plasma weapons for this level are useless aside this moment. The other two type is mandatory. This plasma-cannon, which look like a rotating gatling gun from Predator packs a punch - but feeds on your ammo. Whatever, it worth using here, as it does the most damage per shot, and you want this fight to end today, if possible.
I don't even have much idea how a melee character would work here - would definitely need a hugh damage weapon and very thick armor, because the Queen hits very hard.

EDIT 3: The placing in the backpack is good, but there are other annoyances, like loot falling from the enemy can easily fall "of the bridge".
And you better collect all the stuff, because The Good Stuff costs 15,000 $ or more.
On the sidenote, a questor just gave me an item that has so many charges (12), it requires 210 science. Now that's something I won't use. Especialy that it is energy shield, and that's the stupidest thing ever. One: you have to specialize, so you won't have statpoints to spare. Two: it is practicaly Energy Shield from Diablo (except this is glitchless). Three: it consumes energy like not other, so not even energy weapon specialists will use this item.
The best High Tech Items are: 1) teleport to base 2) auto doc 3) identify item. the remaining two lots are whatever, in theory you could use something like battle hologram, but that eats energy too, but at that point whatever. Btw, you can use hotkeys to switch between these items. Too bad the keyboard layout is all over the place.
On the sidenote, seen a 179 science req. energy weapon. Cool
A new feature: there appeared some energy gates. You can pass them harmless, but energy shots definitely not pass it. Fortunately neither does enemy shots, nor the enemies themselves. Melee can't be abused, the monsters don't come THAT close. But I wonder if bow and such projectiles can pass this...
Oh, found a nem implant at the shop. It costs 15K. It swapped two of my stats. Why would anyone want this is beyond me, but it exits.
Another note on a new enemy. I'm at the Blood Swamp. It is a white-armor ranged thingy. Hits VERY hard. And the AI tends to go mad with its shooting. I hate those, because you better try toe-to-toe and hope interrupting its animation will prevent it firing. That method is entirely lotery.
Implants help though, and as implants drop so rare, your only reliable source for anything useful is shop-running. For this it's not enough to leave the base itself, you need to leave the area. This means using the teleport of the base. I invested into a +45 life (costs 7,5K), and a 14% allresist implant (costs 15K+, there are 3 resistances, so triple that number).
Weird thing is, armors very rarely come with any extra ability, especialy low-req stuff, so that's annoying. Isn't a problem - yet.

Last edited by twillight; 01-06-2022 at 10:50 AM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 02-06-2022, 03:07 PM   #547
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Space Hack (continue)

region / character level (all monsters eliminated)
------------------
Base: 1
Killer Mountain: 5 (name of area translated from hungarian)
NOTE: melee works better until now. Not surprising. But take heed to do have a teleport item before you even start map 2, because otherwise you'll suffer. And yes, weapons, just like in Diablo, go crap just by using them, so you'll need to visit the base regularly.
TIP: when meleeing, try approaching the enemy in an angle, so it miss you.
PRO TIP: if you need a better reward than random (for whatever reason you are sparing on cash), first: the questor will tell you what type of item you will get. Two: DO NOT TOUCH THE QUEST ITEM before saving! Four: pick up the quest item, and TELEPORT TO THE BASE ASAP and finish the quest. Check the quest reward, if you don't like it, reload. WARNING: if you do anything else with your inventory, that can lead to a bug the quest cann ot be solved anymore, and that can be gamebreaking! I could go into specifics, but what's the point.
NOTE: dunno how all the equipment type works, but for armour I've seen some "heavy armour", which can give you 20% all resist, a nice bonus on armor, but costs 130 STR. I've seen light armor, mid-level armor, battle armor, and this heavy armor thingy.
For energy weapons there are a) pistols (lowest ammo consumption, fast trigger animation, maximum 13 dmg (and that's a stretch, more like 10-12) b) guns: trigger animation is like machineguns. Ammo consumption: medium. Sometimes ammo you see going all over hurts other enemies (never alien egg/larva) c) cannons. They are practicaly big shotguns. Ammo concumption: high, but around the Hidden Hospital with ca. 150 in science, you should be able to use these over the other stuff. You WANT to use them to progress faster.
When I've reached the Hidden Hospital (biodome H, aka. #7 - oh, man, this game is looong) a third tier of implants became available (both as quest reward, and just appearing in the shop), the Super implants. I've got a 27% allresist one, and that's massive (30% must be possible at least). Also seen a 50% sole reist implant too, in case anyone cares (I don't really) These are bloody rare though, and cost 30K.
Tunnel of Fear: 7.
Lances are an ok upgrade. The weapon-speed did not noticably change, you loose the shield but gain a massive dmg-boost. I don't sell the shield for now though.
Path of Entropy: 9
Platforms with ranged enemies already became a pain. Always carry with you 3+ stimpacks.

Last edited by twillight; 04-06-2022 at 08:41 AM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 02-01-2023, 07:21 PM   #548
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Some gaming

Considered installing Arcanum, but by the reviews it is proceduraly generated fetchquests upon fetchquests, so why bother.

Tried installing Nox, I even got to the character "creation" (you can only adjust cosmetics), but did not let me past that screen. So gave up.

Played Bladur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Also tried the second one, but that is obviously a very weak addition, so skip that.
It's... fine. One of those big-character 3D daiblo-clones. So not too action-heavy, and feels... Polish.
It's an ok game though, but has some very problematic balance issue.

One: the wizard is waaay too powerful. Ye, sure, there are immunities, on very little amount of creatures, who cares. It's Forzen Orb everything, and Fireball the Final Boss. You don't need to use tricks and stuff. Early game it is either magic missle, or that other spell. You'll have way too many skillpoints anyway. And yur skill-order, if you care, depends on what order you buy your first points in spells, so it won't couse real trouble for you.
Even on hard difficulty this character is way too overpowered.

Archer is ... Well, the problem is obvious when you play: you get bow a bit into the story, and especialy on hard difficulty, that'll be problem. Otherwise it's kinda the same as the wizard.

Warrior is what's in real trouble. Sure, has a healthy amount of HP and all, but there are certain enemies which oneshot you anyway, and takes forever to be delt with because os their amount of exp.
In those cases you must run around for hours, trying to abuse the pathfinding routine to hit the enemy from behind. A nightmare. And boring. Its special skills are also kinda lackluster.

The game mode you get Drizzt as character is way too hard in the PC-version, but you can circumwent that problem pausing the game, and switching character from the set-for-the-mode character to one of your save files. That makes the thing ridivulously easy of course.

Once again started playing Baldur's Gate EE 1-2-ToB, this is the second time I reached to Amelyssan with poverty socrerer - this means I don't use any item during my playthrough. Managed to determine what spells are absolutely necessary for such restrictions. Here is the list by level:

symbols: "*": necessary "#" recommended "&" optional

slvl 1
* familiar (Cat is the best stealther, or consider Imp for its Polymoprh Self)
* Magic Missile (you need to do damage after all)
# Protection from Evil (summoned dmeons are very problematic)
& Identify (mostly for RPG reasons to identify and use the Tomes in BG1, identified items also mean more gold)
5th
slvl2
* Mirror Image (your first true defensive spell, and you have slots to afford it, no questions asked)

* Web (it'll help immensly at the Dukes)
# Knock (you absolutely need this to get the Tomes, and especialy in BG2 a lot of quests can not be completed without)
# Resist Fear (also rmeoves fear, if you Planetar fails its check, not to mention easy accomplishment for that Tear of Baal)
# Melf's Acidic Arrow (you better have this to deal with Desert Trolls, but those are only optional in WK lvl 2, and can be abandoned easily at Yaga Shura's Lair)
slvl 3
* Melf's Minute Meteors (it scales well, last until used up, and will be your prime damag source for BG1)
* Skull Trap (in EE it doesn't even have problem with casting range)
*(!) Invisibility 10' radius (against Sarevok in BG1 you'll need a source of invisibility. This is the easiest solution, but if you pick this, you'll also have to pick Spider Spawn (or loose a familiar))
4th
5th
slvl 4
*(!) Polymorph Self (this spell is needed against Sarevok in BG1. You won't have to learn this if your alignment is Lawful Evil, aka. imp is your familiar)
*(!) Spider Spawn (definitely a great spell, but you only need to pick it in BG1 if you picked Invisibility 10' radius. Might be entirely optional in BG2)
* Improved Invisibility (this is a spell-redundancy if you have Invisibility 10' radius, but even then I recommend it, as it combines Shield with Invisibility. Potential source for invisibility in BG1)
* Stone Skin (you want to pick this up in BG2 as soon as possible. You won't be able to afford it in BG1)
5th: my suggestion is either Minor Spell Sequencer (which you might end up not using at all), or Greater Malison if that ifts your style/can effect Amelyssan.
slvl 5
* Sunfire (yes, it's that good damage spell. You'll stop eventualy using it though)
* Protection from electricity (must have against Abazigail)
* Protection from acid (must have against Draconis)
# Animate Dead (you might get without this, but it's a gamechanger agaoinst spellcasters, strongly recommended)
# Cloudkill (it's a convenient spell to have for a while, but you'll stop using it once you get Abi Dhalzim. Without this you might have to give up, or seriously delay time-denedent quests, like Mae'Var's guild, but that's affordable)
? Spell Immunity (someone said, it might be a must against Amelyssan. Will have to test this)
slvl 6
* Death Spell (it's not just way to convenient to pass on, but without this, saving Phaere will be a strong headache)
* Protection from magic weapons (you'll need this aganst The Ravager)
* Improved Haste (the 3rd Pocket Challange demands this)

# True Sight (the Planetar sees the invisible, still, nice to have this running)
& Protection from magic energy (you are too tired to think? Cast this, and turn into the Slayer! It'll kill everything up to Dorn Il Khan, maybe even useful against Sendai! Definitely not against Draconis/Abazigail and after, but until...)
slvl 7
*Mordekainen's Sword (an almost invulnerable summon is must have)
#(!) Spell Sequencer (you'll definitely need this if you don't use Simulacrum to help you out against The Ravager)
# Limited Wish (it's nice for roleplaying, gives extra exp through various means, and provides 2 other spell: Negative Plane Protection and Minor Globe of Invulnerability - neither are absolute must, but nice to have the option)
# khelben's warding whip (I think I only used this once, against Sendai's Final Form until now. I might be mistaken, and not used it at all)
& Stone to Flesh (roleplaying spell for certain quests. If you don't want this, switch it to Project Image (it's barely interresting under EE as far as I can tell))

slvl 8
* Piercing Shield (you'll need this to be able to do anything against Blathazar/The Ravager/Amelyssan)
* Abi Dhalzim's Horrid Whilting

# Simularcum (it's fine if you can handle the micromanagment)
4th (I suggest Spell Trigger)
slvl 9
* Time Stop (against Yaga Sura, Draconis, and more, you'll be glad to have this)
* Chain Contignency (this is a very strong option to have. Absolutely needed in optional areas like WK Compass Level, also against such mandatory opponents as The Ravager)
* Wish (to recharge at Amelyssan)
4th
Old 20-01-2023, 07:29 AM   #549
hellonwood40
Lurker

Send a message via ICQ to hellonwood40 Send a message via AIM to hellonwood40 Send a message via Yahoo to hellonwood40
Default @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !

https://t.me/pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram
Make 1000% and more within 1 day, join channel @pump_upp !
Old 02-02-2023, 10:07 AM   #550
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Crossroad

This is one of those action-jRPG stuffs, fortunately this is real time combat instead of turn based.

I've played ... let's say the tutorial secont as demo, which probably gives a good idea how everything works.
Though it is annoying how much tutorial there is: there is the game's tutorial, which puts you on max-level or something, and makes it pretty obvious what the plot will be, along pretty much showing melee being that stronger option.
Following that you are turned lvl 1, and are forced to use ranged damage. Annoying as heck, but ok...
Following THAT turns out this is a Matrix, so you have to do the ingmae MMO's tutorial, where you fight the endboss, as you do. I laready hate the pacing.
Following THAT comes Day 1 in the game, which turns out to be a couple-hours long tutorial, where you experience basic questing, town structure, party control (you get a free party-member, that is controlled by an AI, meaning it is just extra firepower), shopping, crafting, exploring...
Yes, too many tutorials.

Speaking about the exploring, I personaly had trouble judging terrain-elevation, so had to hit up a walkthrough how to reach certain chests. Bugger.
And of course what you find is better than what you can buy (it's a comlpicated barter-system, which is pretty much crafting), so again the problem arise, that spending resources on crafting / buying stuff is a waste of time.

Now before you run away, I have to tell you, this is a very solid-looking game. Sure,it has too much playtime that feels like tutorial, and could use better shading to show elevation player-friendly, but the mechanics, the interface, the story is good, and while I could use more action between the tlaking-cards, this is not on the obnoxious level like most "japaneese" games.

As it is at 50% discount on GoG (the DLC of unknown content 33%, but that's sufficiently cheaper anyway), I think it worth your 10 bucks.