Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #221
argaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirkoni View Post
Just run the soundsetup ("install.exe") and choose the correct configuration.
Thing is, I didn't even have to run the install program for this. I just ran orion.exe and the game started without me having to install it after the download. Are you saying I should run a complete install instead?
argaven is offline                         Send a private message to argaven
Old 12-06-2009, 05:18 PM   #222
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

I think that he is saying that you need to setup the sound. Look for install or setup or setsound or something like that (all of them with the .exe extension). Run them, and try to find the sound configuration.
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia
Old 12-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #223
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Quia View Post
I think that he is saying that you need to setup the sound.
Yes, that's what I meant. Run the "install.exe" and it allows you to configure the sound ("reconfigure hardware options", select Sound Blaster, address 220, IRQ 7, DRQ 1)
zirkoni is offline                         Send a private message to zirkoni
Old 07-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #224
pawlo

Hi, I need a little help. I've downloaded and unzipped the file twice just to make sure I was getting all the files in the game pack, but I didn't get any .exe .com or .bat files in the zip folder. is this normal? If so, how do I get the game to run out of dosbox? What commands do I need to imput?

PS. I've already posted another description of my situation in an old troubleshooting thread called Master of Orion, I thought I'd post here as well in case I'm more likely to get a reply on this thread. Thanks.
pawlo is offline                         Send a private message to pawlo
Old 07-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #225
pawlo

i decided to try and download it a thrid time, and now I see that I was missing a ton of files! Should work for me now, just a little odd to have two incomplete downloads back to back without any messages. Anyhow, false alarm, happy gaming!
pawlo is offline                         Send a private message to pawlo
Old 08-07-2009, 05:35 AM   #226
red_avatar
Administrator

Older versions (and maybe newer versions as well) of Internet Explorer could cut off downloads without a warning - I've had this happen quite a few times as well before I moved to broadband.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 09-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #227
JJJJJoey
Lurker

I just downloaded this game, and it is awesome!!!!
JJJJJoey is offline                         Send a private message to JJJJJoey
Old 13-07-2009, 06:46 AM   #228
Karima
Lurker

So here is a dumb question/request that will prolly get me laughed at, but here goes: Is there a way to change up the cheat code for getting BC's so that it gives more then the 100 BC that it gives each time you enter the code? Or, and I am not in any way shape or form a programmer so I may be horribly off base here, is there some program that I could use that would put in the cheat code with the push of a button or two, such as a macro or hot key that when pressed enters the code every time I push the hot key?

I realize that cheating, for some people, takes a way from the enjoyment of the game, but I have played through the game fairly on a number of combinations, Small/Hard, Huge/Easy, Huge/Hard, Small/Easy, and won a good portion of those. The reason I ask is because, at least for me, while i can beat the AI's a number of times out of ten, I rarely manage to make it to the end stages of the research fields. I think the most advanced weapon I was able to research/steal was a Disruptor, and because of my lack of time to research, even in a Huge ship, I wasn't able to put more than a handful.

Thanks for the read through and having this game on the abandonia site. It and others have brought a lot of enjoyment in my day. :thumbs:

And if this has already been addressed I apologize, as I haven't gone through the entire thread.

Thanks!
Karima is offline                         Send a private message to Karima
Old 13-07-2009, 07:01 AM   #229
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

If you can find the memory adress where the relevant value is stored... sure.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-07-2009, 06:50 PM   #230
Kharn

I've spent countless hours on this beast and i still cant win. Maybe i just suck haha.
Kharn is offline                         Send a private message to Kharn