Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-12-2005, 04:30 PM   #41
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yes, it seems that they are still selling this game in a compilation... so, it's not an abandonware...
Old 27-12-2005, 05:09 PM   #42
Toxik
Game Wizzard

goood thing i downloaded it before that.
anyways,thanks for your hints Mambaru,they helped my pathetic little village survive longer.I still cant get any more people no matter what I do and running growing village with 3 or 4 people isnt possible
Toxik is offline                         Send a private message to Toxik
Old 27-12-2005, 09:09 PM   #43
Hannes

In order to get a higher population you need a running economy. There are three things you have to watch out for:

1. You need enough food. One farmer should be enough to feed about three villagers in the beginning. Fertility of the land and the moral of your farmer have some influence on this. To raise the fertility of the land you have to donate some money at the church or develop fertilizers. Donating money will also raise the moral of your people by the way. Also your farmer could along with some other villagers get the sniffles every spring which would further reduce his output.
2. You need enough water. If necessary just build a new well but watch out for the water reserves of the land in your balance sheet. If those are low the ecology is supposed to suffer. However, I have never seen the bar drop until now.
3. You need a house for every new villager. Unless you ordered your architect to construct a specific building he will build new houses by himself as long as there are enough resources in your warehouse.

Generally:
Just look in your warehouse or balance sheet. If water is going down continually you need a new well (or several). Same goes for food. If that´s both alright you just lack new houses. Once you have developed in the scientific field your architect will start to build be better houses (holding more people) but I have yet to get past normal houses. In normal houses people can found families which is not possible in cabins or huts. Families do not seen to make much of a difference though since new settlers will come to your land anyways. A possible advantage might be that a settler who comes from a local family is just 17 years old while those from other lands are mostly 30 and above.

Old 28-12-2005, 07:48 AM   #44
Mongi

I've found out why the button "Download it" disappeared (read the link to reloaded). Umm... One question I have: Is it so.... Oh, well, nevermind.

I just don't quite understand the logics and values of you western guys

Old 28-12-2005, 09:17 AM   #45
Toxik
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Mongi@Dec 28 2005, 10:48 AM
I've found out why the button "Download it" disappeared (read the link to reloaded). Umm... One question I have: Is it so.... Oh, well, nevermind.

hmmm..values like being legal as much as possible?
Anyways,i've seen MANY "eastern" sites that dont worr about stuff like that..maybe you should check them
Old 28-12-2005, 10:17 AM   #46
kleine777
Game freak

about the no download since we already discovered that genesia and ultimate domain are two different virsions maybe genesia is abandoned and ultimate domain isn't. just a thought.
kleine777 is offline                         Send a private message to kleine777
Old 28-12-2005, 03:21 PM   #47
Hector

I had the CD version of this game and it had an advantage. The shop and the warehouse were the same when you went inside but the other buildings had a 3D animation instead of the overhead look .

Old 28-12-2005, 06:22 PM   #48
Mongi

Quote:
Originally posted by Toxik+Dec 28 2005, 10:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Toxik @ Dec 28 2005, 10:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mongi@Dec 28 2005, 10:48 AM

Anyways,i've seen MANY "eastern" sites that dont worr about stuff like that..maybe you should check them [/b][/quote]
Like being ABSURDLY legal...

C'mon, d'you really think they are still selling Genesia in any meaningful amount, huh?

I'm in no way promoting piracy or something but I still think there should be certain common sense.

Anyways, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Old 28-12-2005, 06:48 PM   #49
kleine777
Game freak

if it is being sold it is being sold doesn't matter in what amount.
kleine777 is offline                         Send a private message to kleine777
Old 28-12-2005, 06:51 PM   #50
Toxik
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Mongi+Dec 28 2005, 09:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mongi @ Dec 28 2005, 09:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Toxik@Dec 28 2005, 10:17 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mongi
Quote:
@Dec 28 2005, 10:48 AM

Anyways,i've seen MANY "eastern" sites that dont worr about stuff like that..maybe you should check them
Like being ABSURDLY legal...

C'mon, d'you really think they are still selling Genesia in any meaningful amount, huh?

I'm in no way promoting piracy or something but I still think there should be certain common sense.

[/b][/quote]
Dont take me bad,but the company who OWNS rights for the game decided to sell it,you cant just say "Lets steal it because it cant sell good" Thats nonsense