Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
GTX2GvO
The (Web)Space Pirate

Default Lost Mind of Dr. Brain, The

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
GTX2GvO is offline                         Send a private message to GTX2GvO
Old 01-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
mike100demia

yet another windows game on abandonia
mike100demia is offline                         Send a private message to mike100demia
Old 01-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Nothing wrong with that, there is nowhere it says this is a Dos only site. We deal with games that have been Abandoned...this is one of them.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 05-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
superjenn

Yay! Thanks very much! I have always wanted to play this game (there was a lengthy write-up in a 1995 issue of InterAction Magazine).
superjenn is offline                         Send a private message to superjenn
Old 21-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
missdre

Boo The file is corrupted

I've downloaded it, but there is an error in the file and when it's unzipped, there is no SETUP file. Anyone who can fix this?

I would appreciate is, cause I really want to play this

Old 25-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
meghan
Default Lost cause?

My problem is once I run it on DosBox, it says I need Windows to use the game. I have Windows, but can't use this file because I have 64 bit OS. Having a feeling I'm stuck here.

I have downloaded other ISOs of this and can't use those either because DAEMON Tools can't run in less than 64 bit on my OS.

Oh, Dr. Brain, why you gotta be so complicated?

Old 25-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try using Windows 3.1 in DOSBox.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #8
nlgleason
Default No video displayed

I've downloaded Virtual XP as instructed, but the video will not display when I run this game in my Windows XP Mode. I checked in the Sierra On-Line Setup Help under Video and got the following message: "Unable to Display Proper Graphics Resolution/Colors - The Sierra Setup routine has determined that this computer system does not have the correct Windows Video driver installed to operate this Sierra game title. For optimum display performance, the majority of Sierra titles require an SVGA-256 color Windows driver that is specifically created for your video card by your video card manufacturer." Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

Old 17-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #9
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Can we not Shanghai QBix or bring Commander Data Back From The Dead to fix this blinkinge Thinge??

[Dosraider if we absolutely have to ]

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 17-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #10
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgleason View Post
I've downloaded Virtual XP as instructed, but the video will not display when I run this game in my Windows XP Mode. I checked in the Sierra On-Line Setup Help under Video and got the following message: "Unable to Display Proper Graphics Resolution/Colors - The Sierra Setup routine has determined that this computer system does not have the correct Windows Video driver installed to operate this Sierra game title. For optimum display performance, the majority of Sierra titles require an SVGA-256 color Windows driver that is specifically created for your video card by your video card manufacturer." Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!
Right click the executable, Properties -> Compatibility. Should have an option to run in 256 color mode somewhere in there.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman