Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-11-2009, 08:51 AM   #1
aarne
Lucifer

Default Ravers manifesto

Our emotional state of choice is Ecstasy. Our nourishment of choice is Love. Our addiction of choice is technology. Our religion of choice is music. Our currency of choice is knowledge. Our politics of choice is none. Our society of choice is utopian though we know it will never be.

You may hate us. You may dismiss us. You may misunderstand us. You may be unaware of our existence. We can only hope you do not care to judge us, because we would never judge you. We are not criminals. We are not disillusioned. We are not drug addicts. We are not naive children. We are one massive, global, tribal village that transcends man-made law, physical geography, and time itself. We are The Massive. One Massive.

We were first drawn by the sound. From far away, the thunderous, muffled, echoing beat was comparable to a mother's heart soothing a child in her womb of concrete, steel, and electrical wiring. We were drawn back into this womb, and there, in the heat, dampness, and darkness of it, we came to accept that we are all the same. We came to accept that we are all equal. Not only to the darkness, and to ourselves, but to the very music slamming into us and passing through our souls: we are all equal. And somewhere around 35Hz we could feel the hand of God at our backs, pushing us forward, pushing us to push ourselves to strengthen our minds, our bodies, and our spirits. Pushing us to turn to the person beside us to join hands and uplift them by sharing the uncontrollable joy we felt from creating this magical bubble that can, for one evening, protect us from the horrors, atrocities, and pollution of the outside world. It is in that very instant, with these very realizations that each of was truly born. We continue to pack our bodies into clubs, or warehouses, or buildings you've abandoned and left for naught, and we bring life to them for one night. Strong, throbbing, vibrant life in it's purest, most intense, most hedonistic form.

In these makeshift spaces, we seek to shed ourselves of the burden of uncertainty for a future you have been unable to stabilize and secure for us. We seek to relinquish our inhibitions, and free ourselves from the shackles and restraints you've put on us for your own peace of mind. We seek to re-write the programming that you have tried to indoctrinate us with since the moment we were born. Programming that tells us to hate, that tells us to judge, that tells us to stuff ourselves into the nearest and most convenient pigeon hole possible. Programming that even tells us to climb ladders for you, jump through hoops, and run through mazes and on hamster wheels. Programming that tells us to eat from the shiny silver spoon you are trying to feed us with, instead of nourish ourselves with our own capable hands. Programming that tells us to close our minds, instead of open them.

Until the sun rises to burn our eyes by revealing the distopian reality of the world you've created for us, we dance fiercely with our brothers and sisters in celebration of our life, of our culture, and of the values we believe in: Peace, Love, Freedom, Tolerance, Unity, Harmony, Expression, Responsibility and Respect.

Our enemy of choice is ignorance. Our weapon of choice is information. Our crime of choice is breaking and challenging whatever laws you feel you need to put in place to stop us from celebrating our existence. But know that while you may shut down any given party, on any given night, in any given city, in any given country or continent on this beautiful planet, you can never shut down the entire party. You don't have access to that switch, no matter what you may think. The music will never stop. The heartbeat will never fade. The party will never end. I am a raver, and this is my manifesto.
<T-Wolf> ya, why man?
<RdAwG20> lol, just wondering, was her namne alisson?
<T-Wolf> you mother f*cker
aarne is offline                         Send a private message to aarne
Old 06-11-2009, 08:56 AM   #2
Himmler
Trollmaster General

whatever dude, but this beats you
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 06-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
aarne
Lucifer

Thats just epic
<T-Wolf> ya, why man?
<RdAwG20> lol, just wondering, was her namne alisson?
<T-Wolf> you mother f*cker
aarne is offline                         Send a private message to aarne
Old 06-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #4
dosraider
Dismembered.

...... too much words.:sleeping:

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 08-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Reading that made me feel really old. I miss the 90's sometimes.

Anyways, go for gold and keep dancing
Old 08-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
The Bard
Abandonia Bard

I thought Rave died with the 90's. Obviously not in Estonia. Do they still play Vengaboys there?
Old 09-11-2009, 10:12 AM   #7
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

croatia, the country that still lives in terrible songs that tulac linked to me
Old 09-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
The Bard
Abandonia Bard

You diss turbo-folk - you die.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #9
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

You know I was going to post that Turbo-Folk was horrible just for the sake of annoying you, then I youtubed around a bit, and now I'd feel bad if I did that because I think I like turbo-folk.

YOU DODGED A BULLET THERE BARD!
Old 09-11-2009, 05:32 PM   #10
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Peace Love and BASS!! Also that's cool, aarne, don't let anyone tell you who you are. Don't forget to post that concert footage. I'm looking forward to it. ^^ I buried the vengaboys in my back yard. I had to protect the sanity of the entire planet. And also: Yay grungy alternative with far too much distortion and deepvoiced crooners who say doggone a lot! Because yay! Ok now i just sound high.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete