Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-12-2004, 04:55 PM   #1
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Idea that's in my head for days. Every site with old games has old games and are saying in reviews how was it and so. So, I tought that we could provide some authentic texts from past time. They doesn't necessary have to be old reviews for games, but others stuff such as writings of various journalists in various magazines about games, about market at that time, companies, interviews with game programmers, situation and ideas with current hits and so on.

I remember back in 1994, some psyhologists became interested in video-games, because more and more kids spent more and more time playing. So, two high-school boys wrote big and real serious text talking about both good and bad sides of playing.

Now, this is just an example. If somebody has some old magazines with interesting text, wants to translate it and send it to adimnistrators, there will probably be somebody who will find it interesting. There will be name of magazine in which text was published, year when it was published and offcourse name of the author (we don't want to be accused for steeling).

I think this is not bad idea because we will have texts from different magazines from different countries. We will have various themes and discussions. Personally, I would love to read such stuff. So, there might be more people interested in this work (besides me), so that new stuff in extras can grow slowly.

Start with your oppinions....
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 02-12-2004, 05:00 PM   #2
FreeFreddy

Well, I have quite some texts of old games from Gamebyte Magazine, or some others which names I don't recall now. Also it's easy to find things on the net too...
I personally think this idea is not that bad, for those who would like to see such texts it would be an interesting extra addition on the site.

Old 02-12-2004, 05:04 PM   #3
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeFreddy@Dec 2 2004, 06:00 PM
I personally think this idea is not that bad, for those who would like to see such texts it would be an interesting extra addition on the site.
Yeah, and as far as I know, it would be original. I don't recall such stuff on others sites.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 02-12-2004, 05:33 PM   #4
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Today I was in my school's archive, and there I read PC Magazine from 1994 (I think)!!!! :Brain:
Anyways, it's great idea! k:
The problem is that I don't have any interviews, texts, etc.
And we already discussed about makeing an interview with some game producers (I don't remember the conclusion of that discussion)!
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 06-12-2004, 10:36 AM   #5
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

It would be a good thing if some admin say something. Maybe they just don't have time for this or they doub there will be enough stuff to work with.

so???
Old 06-12-2004, 10:46 AM   #6
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well once again. I dont care what you decide to do. I have complete indeifference on the subject.

:blink: :blink:

So why am I posting?
Who knows, who cares?
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 06-12-2004, 10:56 AM   #7
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I'm COMPLETELY for the idea, I love it. However, who would actually do this? It would require a tremendous amount of time....

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 06-12-2004, 11:06 AM   #8
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I have a few old games magazines from 1994 but there is no way I'm going to type over all those arrticles. There are a few interresting articles (like walkthroughs) in there but it would take too long for what it is worth.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 06-12-2004, 11:06 AM   #9
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

The thing I would love to see is Pictures of articles written about Abondonia.

I have heard rumours that these exist out there, I want to see them and place them on the site.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:12 AM   #10
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

I have a heap of computor magazines dating from about twelve years ago, which have game reviews and articles. I'm a pretty fast typist, so I'd be willing to type up some of the more interesting ones and send them in.

Perhaps those with scanners could send in a jpg of the articles/reviews.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree