Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 08:35 AM   #71
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Hi, P3nguin, I think you're just looking for understanding..am I right? Those people who posted on the other forums were beyond that, I think. Rather nasty. But anyway it's not how people act towards you that counts, it's how you react. That's what people really take notice of and remember. I hope you find a home here. Btw, the photo of you and budgie was kinda cool.

If you can, forget the past. Reliving it is just gonna drive you nuts and keep you in the same loop. Start a new life here, and focus on what you can bring to this community on a positive level. I think you have a lot to offer.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 01-02-2007, 09:13 AM   #72
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Do you think that maybe we could have those forum links removed - I think we've all got the point now (whatever it is) and that just leaves us with links to forums filled with foul language, immature behaviour and rampant stupidity.

Not impressed.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:43 AM   #73
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lulu_Jane @ Feb 1 2007, 11:13 AM) [snapback]277442[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Do you think that maybe we could have those forum links removed - I think we've all got the point now (whatever it is) and that just leaves us with links to forums filled with foul language, immature behaviour and rampant stupidity.

Not impressed.
[/b]
Agreed.

Penguin, if you want advice - just leave this crap behind you and don't rehash it ever again. That's best option for you and you know it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #74
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Wow. Somehow I managed to slip this thread entirely since it began, not noticing what was happening.

Seriously, I thought that Abandonia had more class than to let such a stupid thread go on. C'mon.

I don't beleive a single word of what been said by mr. Penguin... And if by an incredible turn of event what he said is really true... Then by all mean, someone take him to a mental hospital and keep him shut in for a few years!

If I had 5 cents everytime I saw someone in a forum declare that he's going to suicide, is having extreme problems that only the internet friends can solve/cause or whatever stupid reason... I'd have over a thousand to spend right now.

Been there, done that. Seen it all. <_<
Old 01-02-2007, 04:40 PM   #75
Hunter Hunted
Abandonia nerd

My online life seems to have derailed beyond all and any normality it once had. Perhaps it's time to call it quits. Better to let a good run be remembered as a good run.

Nothing against Abandonia of course.
Hunter Hunted is offline                         Send a private message to Hunter Hunted
Old 01-02-2007, 04:43 PM   #76
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Quote:
(...)having extreme problems that only the internet friends can solve/cause or whatever stupid reason(...)[/b]
Been there myself, in fact it happened on this very forum, in 3xBlah, approx a year ago... I don't mind it a single bit, and I have no remorse... at that time, you people helped me a lot (especially Seb), to overcome some very hard parts of my life when no real life friends were beside me. I'm very grateful for that.

I think people seek help on internet mainly because people are more like themselves on the internet, no need to play games hidden behind faceless nicknames. As I found, people are even more helpful on the internet, because some of them think that helping others is a weekness, and does not do it in real life, rather on the internet, where they can help other people without getting recognized by aquintances and family.

Quote:
My online life seems to have derailed beyond all and any normality it once had. Perhaps it's time to call it quits. Better to let a good run be remembered as a good run.

Nothing against Abandonia of course. [/b]
What does that mean? You finally decided to pull the plug from your computer and take on with your real life? If that's the case, let me be the first to congratulate on that decision... k:

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 01-02-2007, 06:34 PM   #77
Himmler
Trollmaster General

first get drunk. then you'll find balance beyond all barriers of time and space. i recommend In the Nightside Eclipse album from Emperor if you have some woods nearby if you find internet too attractive try and sty on-line for like an hour. use a software to help you
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 01-02-2007, 07:13 PM   #78
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Quote:
if you find internet too attractive try and sty on-line for like an hour. use a software to help you[/b]
You mind explaining that?

EDIT: BTW, Google is getting frighteningly accurate nowdays! Look at the attachment...

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 01-02-2007, 08:32 PM   #79
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(U-Boat Commander David @ Jan 31 2007, 04:31 PM) [snapback]277298[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The "Get a Life" argument is flawed. If someone is alive, this person has a life. This person just chooses to do different things than other people, like hang out in front of the PC all day.[/b]
MEEEP. wrong. Your definition of 'life' may be right, but it is not the correct definition for 'a life'. Getting a life means getting involved with other people, getting multiple hobbies that can't be summarized in one word (like 'computer stuff'), and maybe getting a small plan for your future.
Don't get me wrong though, most people who use that phrase are social wrecks. But they don't really know they are. Either that or they ignore the truth.

Also, to everyone who reffered to that syndrome, it is called the Münchhausen syndrome. Not Munchhausen, not Munchausen, and definitely not Mucanhuasen.
.....sorry if that sounded too arrogant

Another thing - this P3nguin character is still not banned, am I right? What are you guys waiting for?
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder
Old 01-02-2007, 08:40 PM   #80
win98
In the loop on hardware.

I've had cr*p before. Lots of people have. In 2004 when I first got into message boards I got banned from one called winworld because I was new back then and had a problem in which I had a fight through pm with an admin who started giving me **** just bceause I was being really active and had heaps of topic ideas. Only problem was it got classed as spam because one day I made about 10 new topics which all had good reasons like. "What version of windows do you run?" So anyway when the re did the fourms I came back with one other guy who was getting dissed with me in 2006 You know what they did? even though him and be were being sensabile they started to diss us even mroe so it made them look like noobs not us. Anyway for members of my fourm I think I figured out that one of the spammers might have been an admin from that fourm one of the ones from during last year. Well im done with it and after I was banned in late 2004, I read some of the topics on that fourm and it had turned into a hell hole after lots oif arguments over crap that I never bothered following up on to see what it stared from even though there were links gallore. Thats why they started afresh. I won't post a link as it was asite that gave away free copys of abandonwware windows version which in the end I worked out was warez. (Back then I did not know what it was and learnt in 2005 because of here)
Anyway Abandonia has one of the best ever communitys compared to some other fourms. Don't let me rant about how last year I got banned from a runescape fourm after not completting a trade after a guy I killed in the wilderness in Runescape set me up along with the rest of the gang I was in.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Closed Thread