Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 30-01-2007, 03:26 AM   #31
plix
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(strachwitz @ Jan 29 2007, 07:59 PM) [snapback]277081[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Where are those other threads 5. Horseman mentioned? I haven't found them yet.[/b]
I can independently confirm having seen remarkably similar stories before. I'm relative sure one was on the HOTUD forum about a year or so ago (though I fear it may have been nuked during the mess that went on over there several months back). I recall it, in the end, being some sort of mis-guided senior thesis research about the psychology of online communities. This whole thread is eerily similar.
plix is offline                         Send a private message to plix
Old 30-01-2007, 05:37 AM   #32
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Don't feed the trolls!

@plix apparently you are correct. the guy is already on many forums (just google him).
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 30-01-2007, 06:39 AM   #33
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Gregor
@plix apparently you are correct. the guy is already on many forums (just google him).
I don't like that, it's kind of creepy and devious.
Why not just join up to a forum honestly and admit your academic interest, then become part of the community like everyone else and draw your conclusions from personal experience.

Troll or no troll, I smell the moonlit whiff of lunacy...
Old 30-01-2007, 06:51 AM   #34
velik_m
Game Wizzard

http://www.google.com/search?hl=sl&saf...n+cyberbullying
http://www.google.com/search?hl=sl&saf...s+cyberbullying

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others.

Old 30-01-2007, 07:23 AM   #35
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I would suggest that morons like that come from the infamous /b/ forum, but I think it's too much of an intelligent way to cause a disruption, i.e. there's too many words in the initial tale 'o' woe for a /b/tard.
Old 30-01-2007, 09:45 AM   #36
Morrin
Underground

Trolls, mostly seen in deep skandinavian forrests and mountains. Trolls vary in appearance depending on their place of living; forrest trolls are hairy and green, mountain trolls are hairless and grey and swamp trolls appear mostly somewhere between two mentioned troll clans.

Famous trolls: Mortiis (seen somewhere in norway), Finntroll (clan)
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin
Old 30-01-2007, 09:54 AM   #37
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

We have the Bunyip in Australia.
Old 30-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #38
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I made stupid threads. A few members ganged up on because they knew I liked Pokémon. They made sick posts aimed at me, etc. I retaliated by slagging them off and I got banned by Marco (the founder of TotallyRE).[/b]
They should not have done that, but then you should have simply went to the mods/admins and asked to intervene, rather then launch off into a flamewar.

Quote:
I also got banned from Serebii.Net because I made weird posts and their rules were quite tight. I kept arguing with a mod called Hanada Tattsu (now seemingly AWOL from the Internet).[/b]
Your own fault.
I got banned from Bolter & Chainsword (Warhammer forum) because I called certain individual a n00b (because he did ask a n00b question) and two or three instances of telling people that I don't like the way they painted their models and think they should re-paint them. Three warns in quick succession, banned, un-banned after talking with admins, permabanned after a month when I forgot myself and stepped out of the line again (though I still have doubts about that instance...). In all respect, my fault I couldn't stay within the rules, no matter fine print or not.
In the end, I just joined some other WH forums and became more active on those I was already a member of.

Quote:
I then went to Resident Evil Horror, the self-proclaimed greatest Resident Evil fan site around. Things started off pretty normal til a mod named Alexander Ashford (we met on the imdb.com boards) told the staff to ban me (he found my private messages annoying). So they did. I kept re-registering and they banned my accounts and kept removing my posts. Although the original ban was somewhat unjustified.[/b]
What private messages? In all respect, if they were inflammatory or undesirable by the recipient, he had the right to ask for admin intervention. If you thought the ban was unjustified, you should have contacted one of the admins and politely ask to be let back in.
Re-registering under new account names after a permaban is one of the most wretched, despicable and pathetic things that an individual can do on the net. You should not have done that.

Quote:
A few months of this went by, and they let me rejoin after they got a new board. I was very active so I ended up with over 1200 posts and got to #1 on the highest posters chart.

Marco from TotallyRE allegedly told DaMa I was a 'problem poster' so I was banned again and threatened by the regular members. Again, I didn't know what I'd done to get this kinda treatment and a few people were also confused by the unruly decision to rid the community of my presence.[/b]
Again, you should have taken that to the admins, request explanation of the reasons for your ban and if it was unjustified, ask for unbanning.
Though, if you have spammed alot that may have been a reason to ban you (I know of such cases on other forums).

Quote:
Then I started using the password recovery feature to spam their inboxes (cos they deserved it).[/b]
WTFBBQ? Nothing justifies doing THAT. Doing this was not only pathethic but also quite retarded.

Quote:
Shortly afterwards, I went to Resevil.com and was banned for posting a "death threat" towards DaMa (though it was more or less just trash talk). I kept re-registering there too, because I liked Resident Evil too much to just walk away.[/b]
So I liked B&C too much to just walk away (which is why I was asking for the unbanning), but in the end that's exactly what I did.
You should have asked for being unbanned, if not - just find another forum.

Quote:
I then befriended a woman called Lucky and our friendship soon became a partnership. I got a bit emotional at the things she told me, so I went nuts and tried to demot her from our boards. Then she banned me and got me banned from other boards, including the official ForumFlash support forums, and Bio-HQ, a Resident Evil fan site run by BHXtyrant.[/b]
You got too emotional. First thing about dealing with women you're close with is to always accept whatever they take you and don't talk back, no matter what they say or how much you disagree. That, or just cease talking with them whatsoever. You overreacted and got presented with typical results.

Quote:
I made a Silent Hill forum called the Room 312 Boards and Lucky deleted them.[/b]
How?

Quote:
Then she deleted my Dino Crisis boards after I let her and another woman called Ada, become admins.[/b]
After all she did you still thought you can "just kiss and make up"? Second whing about dealing with women you like is: they never forgive or forget.

Quote:
My grandmother died in August that year, and I got my Internet suspended a month later. Although this only lasted a week.[/b]
If you were a pest, your ISP had the full right to do so. I understand you felt deeply about your grandma's death, but do you think she mattered to the people you were fighting with? At best, they just wouldn't care. At worst, they would ridicule you for being emotional.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-01-2007, 11:51 AM   #39
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

NOTE: DP because the quotes refused to work in such a long post. Sorry.

Quote:
I got banned from loads of forums that year. Some guy insulted my favourite wrestler, Eddie Guerrero. I spent a great deal of time trying to piss people off because they were making my life hell.[/b]
And what the hell were you thinking? You'd only piss them off more (and then some new people too) and they'd make your life even more of a hell.
I understand that wrestler may be some sort of hero for you, BUT other people are entitled to their own opinions. Like that wrestling in general sucks.

Quote:
I went on a website and sent £80 worth of pizzas to blackannis, the owner of RECommunity. She reported me to my ISP. [/b]
You acted like an a**ole, you deserved getting your net access cut. And getting billed for thoze pizzas too.

Quote:
During the summer, I thought about making a website based on Dino Crisis because I was bored and it seemed like a good idea. I stole the basic layout for my site from Resident Evil Uncut, but it was only the HTML coding for the tables.

BHXtyrant from Bio-HQ/Neo-WU/White Umbrella found out about it and asked me to remove a link I had which lead to White Umbrella. So I did. In the process, he accidentally emailed Mike from Resident Evil Uncut because I forgot to edit out his contact information.[/b]
Why steal something you could easily do yourself? Once again, hoist on your own petard.

Quote:
In October, an admin called Dot50Cal hacked into my email accounts and stole my log in details so I couldn't post on any forums again. He got into dozens of my accounts and caused a great deal of damage. He rendered my accounts inactive on multiple message boards and the admins refused to reinstate me. Reason being I had no proof. [/b]
What did you do to piss him off so badly? Also, how did he get your passwords?

Quote:
In December of last year, I started to bring personal problems about the Internet into my work. I left suicide notes in a bag one afternoon,[/b]
Suicide notes, eh? I've been through that myself. Except every time I was about to write one I reminded myself that to kill myself for something so petty would mean granting all my former foes and all bullies who hounded me throughout the schools (just my luck, I ended up as a punching bag in every school I went to) a total victory.
As ridiculous as it might sound, finding out I had diabetes was a major turning point for me... somehow, all that muck people did or said just didn't matter anymore. Same for those ridiculous things my mother told me about "trying to adapt" to that "community". All that matters is being myself - an individual - among like-minded people and those who don't like it can go and **** themselves.

Quote:
and a few days later I returned to the shop and assaulted a girl, because I had a crush on her and she ended up reporting me for asking my sister to pester her about giving me her contact details. She was in a relationship, but I still wanted to stay in touch because I knew she was leaving after Christmas.[/b]
Assault and stalking are criminal offense, no excuse for that.
If you wanted to date her, you should have tried getting her attention in a proper manner - first of all by finding out how much chance you had with her. If she was really attached to her BF, you should have just let it be and simply stay friends with her. The way you acted, you ended up as a total jerk.

Quote:
After the police charged me, I rang up blackannis from RECommunity because I used a WHOIS to get her phone number. This phone call was actually many years in the making, because I was repeatedly banned on RECommunity.

She told me she had sympathy for me, but I should stop looking for e-sympathy from people online, because people on forums are very mean-spirited to people who won't acknowledge your posts.[/b]
And she was right. Also, it was not a wise idea to try and make friends with people you have earned a major enemity from.
The thing about trying to get respite because of your grandmother's death... well, with the whole s**tstorm you caused on their forums before, people would be more inclined to consider this just a dumb excuse for your behavior rather then truth.

Quote:
I started using the alias Alice Johnson to register on forums, but the name was exposed through a mistake I made on Silent Hill Heaven. I forgot to add a fake DOB so when it got to my birthday, I was banned. The owner of the site is called Vixx and she also posts on Luminescence.[/b]
They could not have found you just by date of birth. There are over 15 million people with the same DOB. You did/said something else that led them on trail.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(U-Boat Commander David @ Jan 29 2007, 08:10 PM) [snapback]277051[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Disagree.[/b]
He's been banned from over 80 forums because of all the stuff he caused. I don't think any one of us has been a member of that many boards, let alone being banned from them. This indicates to me that he has serious mental problems starting with a major case of internet addiction. Several months of break from the net and serious therapy can be only good for him.

What Velik found out just proves my point. Cwaazy P3nguin is in dire need of treatment. Such an extended hate campaign will only push him further towards self-destruction. He needs to put it to a full stop and do it NOW.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(strachwitz @ Jan 30 2007, 01:59 AM) [snapback]277081[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Where are those other threads 5. Horseman mentioned? I haven't found them yet.[/b]
He posted one thread on the subject before. Here.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-01-2007, 02:03 PM   #40
Himmler
Trollmaster General

The error returned was:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.
Quote:
This indicates to me that he has serious mental problems starting with a major case of internet addiction. Several months of break from the net and serious therapy can be only good for him.[/b]
agreed
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Closed Thread