Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-12-2010, 01:14 AM   #1
nostalgia_hits
Lurker

Question Can you help me identify an older game?

When I was a kid my dad took me to an Egghead Software to buy a computer game. One of the display PCs was showing off a computer that had a spiffy new Soundblaster soundcard, with a game that had midi and digitized sounds on a great sounding speaker system.

The only thing I saw from the game was a narrated text cut scene. I don't remember the actual text, but I remember very clearly that the narrator said something about the towns people not liking something, and then it played a sound of the townspeople yelling and saying "Boo!". My memory is telling me that it was a brown background with scrolling text, and a picture of the townspeople in the corner, possibly holding pitchforks, there might have been some animation frames as they yelled.

We purchased King's Quest V for DOS that day, and I loved it, but that fragment of that game has always remained in the back of my head. I know it's obscure, but I've seen worse on here Reddit. Does this ring any bells for anyone?

I believe this is a DOS game, possibly early early Windows or maybe even Amiga.
nostalgia_hits is offline                         Send a private message to nostalgia_hits
Old 22-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
Scatty
Treasure hunter

That reminds me of a scene in Realms of Arkania - Star Trail, after succesful investigation of the case of Artherion in Gashok. After resting there for few nights townspeople come to lynch you and a scene appears where you get kicked out of the tavern, which sounds very familiar to what you describe.
Here you can see some screenshots of the game, and here is a review of it on Abandonia, though you can't download it here but have to buy on GoG instead.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty