Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #21
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Please help. I did this renaming the directory to TREK5. But it still wants the #3 disk inserted.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Boomer12k [/b]

That should have worked. Try deleting the entire directory and then renaming the zip file to TREK5.ZIP. Then extract the zip file again making sure it extracts to a directory named TREK5 at the root of your hard drive. The game is expecting the directory to be at C:\TREK5. It did not give any options on other places to install. Also, don't run INSTALL.BAT you don't need to. Start the game with ST5.EXE.

In DOSBox mount a drive letter C to the root of the hard drive (mount C C:\ or, if your hard drive is D: mount c d:\ )so that the executable is located at C:\TREK5\ST5.EXE. Do not mount C directly to the TREK5 directory. If you do it will cause the problem that you are having. This game is really picky about path names. Are you using any kind of DOSBox front end program?
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 03-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #22
boomer12k

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Geezer @ May 2 2007, 01:50 PM) [snapback]289050[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
Please help. I did this renaming the directory to TREK5. But it still wants the #3 disk inserted.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Boomer12k [/b]

That should have worked. Try deleting the entire directory and then renaming the zip file to TREK5.ZIP. Then extract the zip file again making sure it extracts to a directory named TREK5 at the root of your hard drive. The game is expecting the directory to be at C:\TREK5. It did not give any options on other places to install. Also, don't run INSTALL.BAT you don't need to. Start the game with ST5.EXE.

In DOSBox mount a drive letter C to the root of the hard drive (mount C C:\ or, if your hard drive is D: mount c d:\ )so that the executable is located at C:\TREK5\ST5.EXE. Do not mount C directly to the TREK5 directory. If you do it will cause the problem that you are having. This game is really picky about path names. Are you using any kind of DOSBox front end program?
[/b]
OK!!! NOW IT IS WORKING. Thanks for all your help!!!!
It was the dragging of the st5.exe to the dosbox exe that causes the error. When I did it the way you suggested it worked quite well and I get the sounds too!!!
Thanks a big bunch!
Boomer12k
boomer12k is offline                         Send a private message to boomer12k
Old 03-05-2007, 07:00 PM   #23
Henry

Does anyone know where to download the Amiga version? That one probably had better sound in 1989.

Thanks

Old 04-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #24

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Geezer @ Apr 30 2007, 09:39 PM) [snapback]288923[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
EDIT: In DOSBox mount a drive letter C to the root of the hard drive (mount C C:\ or, if your hard drive is D: mount c d:\ )so that the executable is located at C:\TREK5\ST5.EXE. Do not mount C directly to the TREK5 directory. If you do it will cause the problem that you are having. This game is really picky about path names.
[/b]
Hi!

I also have problems with the game.
In DOSBOX the game is located in C:\TREK5. When I start ST5.EXE it immediatly starts KFIGHT.EXE where I can fight against the Klingon.
When I win the game ends and I'm back at the Dos-Prompt.
When I loose I get a screen that I get prisoned and then the game ends.

Has anyone the same problem? Can anyone help me?

Joe

Old 04-05-2007, 03:27 PM   #25
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Joe, I'm playing the game using Front End to configure and trigger dosbox. Everything's working perfectly.

If it's any help, here's the dosbox/Front End configuration file:

[sdl]
fullscreen=true
fulldouble=true
fullfixed=false
fullresolution=original
output=surface
hwscale=1.70
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper.txt
windowresolution=original
usecancodes=true

[dosbox]
language=
machine=vga
captures=C:\DOS\D-Fend v2\Capture
memsize=63

[render]
frameskip=0
aspect=false
scaler=advmame2x

[cpu]
core=dynamic
cycles=3000
cycleup=500
cycledown=20

[mixer]
nosound=false
rate=22050
blocksize=2048
prebuffer=10

[midi]
mpu401=intelligent
intelligent=true
device=default
config=

[sblaster]
type=sb16
base=220
irq=7
dma=1
hdma=5
mixer=true
oplmode=auto
oplrate=22050
sbtype=sb16
sbbase=220

[gus]
gus=true
rate=22050
base=240
irq1=5
irq2=5
dma1=1
dma2=1
ultradir=C:\ULTRASND
gusrate=22050
gusbase=240

[speaker]
pcspeaker=true
pcrate=22050
tandyrate=22050
disney=true

[dos]
xms=true
ems=true
umb=true

[modem]
modem=false
listenport=23
comport=COM2

[directserial]
directserial=false
Comport=COM1
realport=1
defaultbps=1200
parity=N
bytesize=8
stopbit=1

[ipx]
ipx=false

[bios]
joysticktype=none

[autoexec]
mount C "C:\DOS\Cdrive" -ioctl
mount D "D:\" -t cdrom -ioctl
C:
cd\
cd \TREK5\
ST5.EXE
exit
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 04-05-2007, 04:21 PM   #26
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Wendy, when I tried to run the game at 3000 cycles parts of the game would run too fast. (or maybe I am too slow) I didn't have core=dynamic, though. core=dynamic must compensate
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 05-05-2007, 08:57 AM   #27
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Hmmm...I have a fairly slow computer, so perhaps that makes the difference? Try 1500 cycles, first, Joe
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 05-05-2007, 02:26 PM   #28
thebes
Game freak

Cool

Loved your review Geezer! LOL
Luke 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
thebes is offline                         Send a private message to thebes
Old 24-08-2007, 08:39 PM   #29
Mousazz
Game freak

Thumbs down

:bleh: here's a walkthrough for you people (excluding the hand to hand fighting part, figure that one out for yourself please ).
start: tell sulu to plot a course to sha-ka-ree, then turn so that the arrow would point up/forward. tell sulu to engage hyperdrive
WORMHOLE: okay, you got sucked into a wormhole with a lot of dilithium and space debris. let's sit down, make some coffee, and enjoy the show . RAISE THE ALARM, IDIOT! spock! red alert, quickly! without the shields, there's little chance of surviving. tell scotty to support shields. okay now. look at the radar. the strange simbol is you, enterprise (the map is shown from the back), crystal looking things-dilithium crystals, circle-wormhole and last, and definetly least, red small circles turning bigger-asteroids. if you're locked on dilithium, shoot! you'll track it in (phasers don't work anyway), but DON'T track in asteroids. if you REALLY need to shoot an asteroid, use photon torps. you'll navigate through soon enough.
MINEFIELD: so the klingon, didn't wanting to openly attack you and make a political catastrophe, put you in a deadly situation-gravitational planar mines. if your shields broke, tell your crew to repair certain things (certain members can repair certain systems quickly, be careful though, and remember to repair mair reactor or life support first. now if everything if fixed, tell scotty to put all power to weapons (i.e. man. override) and go full speed ahead, once you come close (not too close) , stop and SHOOT. just shoot, shoot, shoot... until every mine is destroyed. great, spock yellow alert. this should lower weapons, but raise shields(hey, there's still some debris left, right?). allright, turn to sha-ka-ree and let's go. notticed that you're travelling very slow? surpriced? don't worry, it's only the great barrier :P (ahh a smiley ).
KLINGON(S): red alert!, red alert! ask spock to track b.o.p., scott to do man. override and tell sulu to show it on viewscreen. once you see it, turn to it, strafe up or down a little and shoot with everything you got. he'll shoot you back, so prepare to repair. after you destroy one, ask scott for power, and direct everything to engines. FULL SPEED AHEAD! after you repair everything, stop, turn to enemy, man. override, and SHOOT!
it's hard even for me, so, if you get any ideas, tell em'.
well, hope helps, though any idiot could do it. BYE. mousazz.
Mousazz is offline                         Send a private message to Mousazz
Old 06-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #30
jhavron
Default B.O.P. Simulator

I played this game as a kid, and I remember there being a option to start the game into a BOP simulator. I am thinking that you have to beat the game for the iotion to appear, not sure tho. When I was young it was just there and thats all I know. Love the game tho. Been looking for it for a long time. Thanks to whoever for the game post.