Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-05-2007, 12:42 PM   #331
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It's been some years since I played it.
I remember was that some moving around the chest was also involved.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #332

Iv tried several things now and ran against the chest countless times but I failed to open it. I never once received any kind of message from the game or anything. Is it perhaps possible for you to open it, if I give you the savegame? Or can you perhaps remember how you did it? Because I really am unwilling to spend more time trieing to open this chest as it doesnt work at all for me

Old 08-05-2007, 02:25 PM   #333
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

No problem.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-05-2007, 03:05 PM   #334
Scatty
Treasure hunter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ May 8 2007, 04:13 PM) [snapback]289627[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Iv tried several things now and ran against the chest countless times but I failed to open it. I never once received any kind of message from the game or anything. Is it perhaps possible for you to open it, if I give you the savegame? Or can you perhaps remember how you did it? Because I really am unwilling to spend more time trieing to open this chest as it doesnt work at all for me
[/b]
If you still didn't manage to open the chest, it's simple: do the quest for the witch and let the fire elmental kill the mage in his tower. After you gather the required items from the mage for catching Agdan, you can return to the chest and open it too. If not yet, return to the witch, kill her and after that you can open it definitely.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 16-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #335
JagPanzer
Cool

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ May 6 2004, 08:30 PM) [snapback]1525[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Keep in mind that this is a German remake of a game in English. Germans, in particular, are not good translators. (Watch out for the occasional mistranslations in the game). And there are very few germans who speak English.

[/b]
Hey, I don't think that there are very few Germans who speak English! I mean, try to find someone who speaks English in France, Italy or Spain. There you will have a hard time!

In fact, the games of the "Northland Trilogy" are remakes in English of originally German games. The fantastic world where the games take place is a well-known German pen&paper roleplaying game called "Das Schwarze Auge", that has been invented in the early 80's. As far as the direct translation of that name (The Black Eye) has a completely different sense, they called it "Realms of Arkania" at first and today (I think) "The Attic".

The games benefit from this fact! You can sense that there is a huge fantasy world and a long used rpg-system behind them.

Old 17-05-2007, 12:42 PM   #336
Guest_Ian_*

Hello there, I am in desperate need of help! I am in the Dwarven Pit, have got the Salamander Stone, left the sword and have made my way back past the red tiles. I have returned the leathers back to the chest and am now ready to leave. One problem - there is no exit!! How do I get out of here? Aaaaarrghh!

Many thanks,

Ian

Old 03-06-2007, 12:01 AM   #337
elfuego

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Ian_* @ May 17 2007, 03:42 PM) [snapback]290603[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hello there, I am in desperate need of help! I am in the Dwarven Pit, have got the Salamander Stone, left the sword and have made my way back past the red tiles. I have returned the leathers back to the chest and am now ready to leave. One problem - there is no exit!! How do I get out of here? Aaaaarrghh!

Many thanks,

Ian
[/b]
Try to open the chest again, get all the leathers and then put them back again. Nothing but the leathers should be in the chest. You should hear a sound then, and the exit should be open.
elfuego is offline                         Send a private message to elfuego
Old 07-06-2007, 05:40 PM   #338
Polyana

Hi!
Hey, anybody can help me?
In Star Trail, since I left finsterkoppen with the salamander stone, in every town i visit, if i take a few steps it appears a message like this:"The citizens look disgusted with your fashion statement or lack thereof,...and then it comes a shower of punchs..." - And every character takes a hit. And after another some steps, it happens again. It happens in every town i go. Even in Kvrasim where i am full of clothes or in Lowagen where i am with only pants and boots (the orcs took everything).

Why it happens and how can i fix it?! :blink:

thanx

Old 07-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #339
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Simply - let the characters put their pants on. If they don't have the pants on they don't look very decent
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 23-07-2007, 02:27 PM   #340

I have some questions that i havent seen covered in any walkthrough or help and so on and on.

1) in the NW part of the map you can find a basilisk, did anybody figure out how to kill him?
2) Northern part of map you can find a heard of horses, did anybody manage to capture one?
3) Toward the east of the map, there is a hmm 'lake', then you hear a sound and get swarmed by some flys or something, is it possible overcome this without getting all bitten?
4) On your travels you can meet a guy who has a 2 handed sword, remade into 1 handed. Is that releveant in any way and can you make such a sword yourself?

Thats all that comes to my mind at the moment. Have a nice day all!