Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
DosTillDeath
Lurker

Default The Punisher Construction set

Greets to all . I am seeking Paragon Soft Corp's "The Punisher, Construction Set" (1990). I have not a clue if it ever shipped with the game, or was included in some kind of "Collectors", or "Gold" edition(not likely). I can recall purchasing the game and following instructions on an insert in the box to order said Construction set. My adolescent heart was broken when Paragon replied and informed me that the product was outdated and no copies were left. I know somebody out there has a copy...
DosTillDeath is offline                         Send a private message to DosTillDeath
Old 19-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
Arch Stanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DosTillDeath View Post
Greets to all . I am seeking Paragon Soft Corp's "The Punisher, Construction Set" (1990). I have not a clue if it ever shipped with the game, or was included in some kind of "Collectors", or "Gold" edition(not likely). I can recall purchasing the game and following instructions on an insert in the box to order said Construction set. My adolescent heart was broken when Paragon replied and informed me that the product was outdated and no copies were left. I know somebody out there has a copy...
I have a disk copy of the Construction Set. Don't know how to upload it, though, I need a PC with a disk drive. Let me see what I can do.

Old 19-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I hope you'll find a disk drive soon enough and the disk is still usable
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 19-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

I understand it's for this game, right?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/punisher

I didn't find any mentions of it on the net (except for this review). I'd be glad if you could provide some info about this product, or even adding an entry on MobyGames (it's an add-on, 1-2 sentences of description will do).

Last edited by RRS; 19-08-2012 at 06:04 PM.
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 19-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
Arch Stanton

The game came with a return mail card you could fill out for a disk that would allow you to create your own missions (was $3 or something, I even have the envelope it came in). The mission editor was actually quite comprehensive, you could enter your own mission descriptions, story text, character names and descriptions, NPC dialouge, etc. I have the box and disk, will take a look on mobygames and here and see what kind of information/photos/etc. I can add.

Can someone point me towards information on pulling info from old 5 1/4 disks? Or do I just need to get online and look for old PCs?

Old 19-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

You mean something like a service, to do it for you?

If your motherboard has FDD connector you could get a floppy disk drive interface cable and plug in a 5.25" disk drive.
The point is where to find one, these became obsolete long before 3.5" ones. Even I (who hoards the old stuff) sold/gifted one along with the old computer.

I'm not up-to-date, things are changing so fast and my brand new Pentium 4 suddenly got old (and so did I). I was surprised PS/2 ports for mouse/keyboard are no longer used...
Old 20-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #7
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

@Arch Stanton:

If you manage to acquire a 5.25" drive and retrieve the data, you could register on Abandonia, and then we'll provide you the FTP details necessary for uploading content on our servers.

Could you scan in the manuals or other prints supplied with your disks?

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 20-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

I second that request. Also what was the title given, "Eternity Disk" ?
Old 21-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #9
Arch Stanton
Lurker

Yes, it is called the Eternity Disk, I have attached a photo below:

It still worked when I put it away years ago, and has been stored under good conditions, so I imagine its good. I'm looking for a 5.25" drive online now.

I have the manual and other supplements as well, but I will say that I have found all of them on the web, someone has done full scans of the feelie case file, the manual, and the technical manual.
Arch Stanton is offline                         Send a private message to Arch Stanton
Old 22-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #10
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Beautiful! Good luck with finding the 5.25" drive. We curiously await the results.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker