Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-06-2004, 07:00 PM   #1
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Leisure Suit Larry 2 - Goes looking for Love (In Several Wrong Places)

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

Last edited by Luchsen; 22-01-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 04-03-2005, 01:48 AM   #2
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Got the image attached (got it from Al Lowe's site )
In the later versions of LSL 2, there's also a shortcut. Dial 555-0724 to skip this check (and the intro). 07/24 is Al's birthday, btw.
Can't seem to attach files. Will direct-link it (and not to Al's site. Don't want to leech )
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 11-09-2005, 06:52 PM   #3
Elite_001

i need some help every time i try to get in the pool it ses good idea larry lets step into the pool first so i don't know what to do!! :ranting: :tai: :angry:

Old 22-10-2005, 05:04 PM   #4
Jonas Andersen

I really cant believe that this game has been reviewed with a lower score than lsl 1. This is such a classic, and lsl1 could be finished in about an hour.

Old 23-10-2005, 02:28 PM   #5
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas Andersen@Oct 22 2005, 05:04 PM
I really cant believe that this game has been reviewed with a lower score than lsl 1.
So what? Thats the reviewers opinion.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 23-10-2005, 07:46 PM   #6
Jonas Andersen

yup, and this is the discussion board for the game, so i guess its here i should put MY opinion.

Old 23-10-2005, 07:53 PM   #7
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I think Tom did gíve a reason in the review for not rating it higher, Jonas, so it might be more helpful if you told us why you disagree with him rather than just state that you do. Why do you think this is more of a classic than Larry 1, then?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 06-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #8
falcan
Lurker

I really like the style of those old adventures, what I hate though is the ability to get to dead end when you fail to take thing X at screen Y and you can't return back. Like when I didn't buy sunscreen, didn't take flower under palm, didn't get some things before I entered the plane etc. I know back then it was a normal thing to make the game "real", but in reality it just adds BIG frustration
falcan is offline                         Send a private message to falcan
Old 08-08-2006, 12:50 PM   #9
CataBina

Is anybody aware that there is a freeware Point&Click version of this game available? I played it, and it's great fun. This version follows the original game 100%, but clicking is a lot easier than typing in all this dialog stuff.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:26 AM   #10
lordjakian

Heres a tidbit for anyone that didn't know. Way back when Larry 1 came out some people were loud about how it was a little too risque and since sierra is/was generally a family oriented company Al lowe decided to tone it down for the sequel. What was funny was the backlash he got after it came out from countless Larry fans about how it wasn't risque enough! My guess is Larry fans didn't like how everytime he tried to get some he'd get "burned", ouch! There is only one time during the game that Larry can get a decent lay on and its with the latina housemaid who can't speak english and sadly ends with her older brother, whos in a drug cartel and has an ak-47, busting through the door and blowing you away. This is the most puzzle oriented\frustrating title in the series but since larry 1-7 are of the same stripe, I have to give the whole series a 5 rating. There's only one Larry Laffer people!
!I miss games where dying was fun! Or atleast funny.