Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-03-2012, 01:08 AM   #41
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

How are you mounting the image? Are you using another program to mount it to a virtual drive? Or are you using Dosbox to mount the image itself?
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 02-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #42
JackOLantern

Default Mounting

I am not using a frontend to mount the drive; I am just trying to mount the rloft file to the D drive as IMGMOUNT. Unfortunately, when I do so as an ISO, the files do not appear to be accessible, and it does not recognize the .img as its own directory right now. The iso itself, however, can be sort-of-mounted with IMGMOUNT D [INSERTDIRECT]\File.iso - t iso

This command is not useful, however, right now...

EDIT: I see now why the ISO file would not work - I did not convert the file, I just placed the file in an ISO wrapper - useless

Mounting the .img as disc would probably be a better solution since my .iso file is not really a .iso file.

~Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
How are you mounting the image? Are you using another program to mount it to a virtual drive? Or are you using Dosbox to mount the image itself?

Last edited by JackOLantern; 02-03-2012 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Discovered error
JackOLantern is offline                         Send a private message to JackOLantern
Old 02-03-2012, 01:49 AM   #43
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

The easiest way to do this would be to use a program like Magicdisk or dameontools lite or some other similar program to mount the image file as a virtual drive. Once that is done you just need to mount that drive i.e. mount d g:\
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 02-03-2012, 03:45 AM   #44
JackOLantern

Smile Image Drive Mount

Alright, coolness, thanks! I used daemon tools lite. Magic disc is too much of an issue on Windows 7, it appears - or I just did not know how to use it right =)

I placed the IMG in a virtual drive, now it runs just fine, as I can mount it as a CD image.

That said, if it were not for the VERY EXTENSIVE and kind help, my nostalgia, my basic computer knowledge and the fact I have planned D&D and clones thereof for many years, I may not have been obsessed/willing enough to go forward. An ISO in the extras, along with instructions for setting up virtual drives or using virtual drive software is a must for the casual Abandonia user.

Thanks again to all. I will have to set up detailed thanks on this thread. For now, I must play the heroes... going off into the mist!!! Strahd awaits.

~Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
The easiest way to do this would be to use a program like Magicdisk or dameontools lite or some other similar program to mount the image file as a virtual drive. Once that is done you just need to mount that drive i.e. mount d g:\
JackOLantern is offline                         Send a private message to JackOLantern
Old 02-03-2012, 04:23 AM   #45
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackOLantern View Post
so do I then just run it as -fs fat format?
No. FAT filesystem does not have anything to do with CDs.
Quote:
I got the .iso to work, but not the .img. Obviously, It will not mount it as .iso in .img format.
Less than intuitively, -t iso covers ISO, BIN and IMG formats. If mounting the image is not working, a screenshot of the error message would be appreciated. According to DOSBox wiki, it also supports loading the images using the CUE sheets - if there's a CUE file together with the IMG, try mounting that instead. As a rule of thumb, you don't normally need to use the -fs switch.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 20-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #46
Juzeric
Default Castle Ravenloft

Is anyone experiencing a bug in Castle Ravenloft?
The door that exits back onto the road inside the castle refuses to open.

Lets play youtube videos shows that the door automatically opens, but ive done my best to do this with no success.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:43 PM   #47
Gavindale Marchovia

Default About loading Strahd's Possession...

I just downloaded Strahd's Possession, and it went down fine. But, I am having problems loading the game - I tried running various files for the game, but I am getting error screens. Can anyone tell me which file to run to play? Any help is appreciated!
Gavindale Marchovia is offline                         Send a private message to Gavindale Marchovia
Old 04-10-2015, 07:27 PM   #48
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Are you using dosbox?

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 04-10-2015, 08:14 PM   #49
Gavindale Marchovia

Default I have DosBox on my computer...

Yes, I have DosBox installed on my computer.
Gavindale Marchovia is offline                         Send a private message to Gavindale Marchovia
Old 05-10-2015, 06:10 AM   #50
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavindale Marchovia View Post
Yes, I have DosBox installed on my computer.
But did you start the game inside DOSBox?