Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-01-2005, 04:23 PM   #11
DasOmen

I remember this game, not that bad, but as Eagle of Fire said, nothing compared to the Dos games of that time.
Btw., you made a mistake in the news on the main site. Instead of Yamcha565656 you wrote "Yamacha565656".

Old 29-01-2005, 04:33 PM   #12
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

Not that bad. Anyway I dropped the numbers (thx :Tom
Old 04-02-2005, 05:53 AM   #13
gildedgirth
Abandonia nerd

wow. This site continues to surprise me. I loved this little addicting game. I remember getting this game as part of the Microsoft gaming pack which I think was pre-installed on my cutting edge Pentium 66hz Micron computer that cost almost $4000 back in 94-95 (with monitor, cd-rom drive (that was still pretty rare to have), keyboard etc). Crazy to think a computer would cost that much, but Pentiums had just come out and there was so much hype about how they rocked over the any of x86 series. I remember people going "Wow" when I told them I had a Pentium. I was still using my old Apple IIe until then, so I figured I'd splurge my saving on a good computer.

I also remember putting down around $1600 to upgrade my Ram to 32mb just so I could run Photoshop 3 for my college class decently on my computer...ram was going for about $50 per mb back then. Few years later RAM prices plummeted so much I was shocked at how cheap it got as well.

NOTE to MODS: The link to the chip's Challenge discusson topic on the Chip's Challenge page is broken. The "discuss the game" link doesn't have a topic id so it just takes you to the forum topic listing. it just has the following url:

www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=

gildedgirth is offline                         Send a private message to gildedgirth
Old 04-02-2005, 10:27 AM   #14
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yes, I know, gildedgirth. Unfortunately, this sometimes happens when I update using I.E. Don't know why. I'm using Firefox now, but don't like it as much. I've contacted the One about it. He'll fix it when he has a moment to spare.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 06-02-2005, 03:56 AM   #15
supraclk06

do any of you guys remember the game where you had to trap the cats in between blocks. i really wanna play that and i have looked online for it for about an hour now. i just cant recall the game. and if anyone could direct me to a link of the entertainment pack i would greatly appreciate it.

Old 06-02-2005, 08:51 AM   #16
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

I think I remember. It was again A Windows game (probably from the same pack as Chips). And you played as a mouse right?
Old 06-02-2005, 12:38 PM   #17

I think it's called Rodent's Revenge. Unfortunately, I don't know where to obtain it, apologies...

Old 06-02-2005, 02:36 PM   #18
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Heard of Google?
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 07-02-2005, 10:06 PM   #19
The_EgAt
Abandonia nerd

I was just reading (actually translating) the review, and I noticed a sentence in it that went something like this: "what this game needs is a level editor, but it does not have one."

I was thinking the same around last september (2004) when I was playing this game at school, and I googled it and came across several good level editors for it:

Chip's Challenge Editor: http://www.stage62.com/chipedit/chipedit.htm
Many good links*: http://www3.telus.net/~nfield/ChipChallenge/chip.htm
* There are a few editors in miscellaneous

I found CCTools the best**: http://www.translucentdragon.com/cctools/
**That is my personal opinion, and I encourage you to try any editor to find the one you like the best.
The_EgAt is offline                         Send a private message to The_EgAt
Old 07-02-2005, 10:38 PM   #20
Harleqwyn

The guest above was me...

Well yes, but I wasn't looking for the game... it's too repetitive. But it should be of great help to the poster who is.