Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-01-2005, 02:51 AM   #11
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

I think Beyond Castle Wolfenstein is abandonware. If it is, perhaps we could get it up here.

Edit:

It is abandonware. I'll try to get it reviewed and up onsite if Kosta agrees.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 09-01-2005, 03:08 AM   #12
WildZeppelin
Super Freak

Does anyone have spear of destiny? Is that abandoned? How can I get that?
WildZeppelin is offline                         Send a private message to WildZeppelin
Old 09-01-2005, 05:12 AM   #13
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Spear of Destiny is actually Wolfenstein 3D, isn't it? As Stroggy pointed out earlier, we have a buy link only for it as it is still being sold. I just read the plot for that one on Moby Games and it fascinates because I've read that this is what actually happened - to one degree or another. There is a book called the Spear of Destiny that claims Hitler came in possession of the spear that pierced the side of Christ while on the cross. The myth surrounding this spear was that whoever owned it would become invincible in battle. The story goes that Hitler came to power while having this spear and then when the allies over-ran Germany, they also liberated the miraculous spear. Not long afterwards Hitler is supposed to have shot himself. Whether this is true, or not, I don't suppose we'll ever know. But it is an extraordinary story and the basis for Wolfenstein 3D.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 09-01-2005, 05:24 AM   #14
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

Not to mention that spear keeps superheroes away, Wendy. LOL
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 09-01-2005, 05:26 AM   #15
WildZeppelin
Super Freak

f__k Hitler! It was a great game. That damn freakazoid with the four arms was killer in that game. Really had my heart racing as I was not expecting him! My version of that got corrupted, so I've been without it since. I really hate that. I kept my 3 1/2 floppies in a case specifically for them, in a non-humid area at the right temps, and away from magnetic influences, and they went bad. Had I known this, I'd have backed them up more than once. I lost several games as to this, but the worst was my original x-wing. As I tend to repeat, I really miss the stuff they cut in the re-releases. Big mistake for lucasarts. I've been contemptuous with them since.
WildZeppelin is offline                         Send a private message to WildZeppelin
Old 09-01-2005, 07:41 AM   #16
edlglide
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by wendymaree@Jan 9 2005, 06:12 AM
Spear of Destiny is actually Wolfenstein 3D, isn't it? As Stroggy pointed out earlier, we have a buy link only for it as it is still being sold. I just read the plot for that one on Moby Games and it fascinates because I've read that this is what actually happened - to one degree or another. There is a book called the Spear of Destiny that claims Hitler came in possession of the spear that pierced the side of Christ while on the cross. The myth surrounding this spear was that whoever owned it would become invincible in battle. The story goes that Hitler came to power while having this spear and then when the allies over-ran Germany, they also liberated the miraculous spear. Not long afterwards Hitler is supposed to have shot himself. Whether this is true, or not, I don't suppose we'll ever know. But it is an extraordinary story and the basis for Wolfenstein 3D.
Is this a true story? Not likely. *laugh* The odds against that spear still existing, if there ever even was such a spear to begin with, are astronomically high. And to suggest Hitler had it and then lost it to the allies is also silly -- if that's the case, why isn't whichever country claimed it invincible? The US more or less lost Korea and fought to a standstill in Vietnam; the Soviet Union fell; Great Britain is no longer a superpower. But of course none of this is the point.........it's a fun story and that's all it's meant to be.

(I apologize for my mini-rant -- I'm a history major and like to talk about it)
edlglide is offline                         Send a private message to edlglide
Old 09-01-2005, 07:50 AM   #17
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

No, that's cool, edlglide. All opinions are welcome There are many myths that have sprung up about the Hitler era, including that he and the SS were involved in the occult and that he was actually possessed. Whether true, or not, it is interesting to consider these possibilities. Truth can be stranger than fiction...and usually is.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:05 AM   #18

why does this conversation cause me to hear the indiana jones theme song?

Old 09-01-2005, 08:11 AM   #19
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Could it be because Jones was usually on a quest to recover religious artifacts? In the first movie I think Nazi Germany and the SS played a big part in it.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:06 PM   #20
The Occupant

:bye: Hey, Jacek Dobrzyniecki! Arn't you on AGS? any way goodtimes. btw, people. i ve tried to play this game but it dosn't work. if i play stait from the progam its impossibley fast. and i cant get moslo to work, HELP