Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #91
catchaserguns
Games Master

I'm sorry but the spell list was only in my manual. I didn't get a separate card for the spell list.
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns
Old 24-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #92
Default DoS - Early Farnus quests

Hey all. I'm reliving old memories playing this game again, but am completely stuck on the third Farnus quest, where you have to go to the caverns under Lone Mountain to kill a leader who's raided a Farnus outpost. I've killed a wolfwarrior who appeared to be part of the raiding party as well as an orc in regal dress, and taken the remains back to Farnus, only to be told that I haven't got what they're looking for.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks guys.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Hey all. I'm reliving old memories playing this game again, but am completely stuck on the third Farnus quest, where you have to go to the caverns under Lone Mountain to kill a leader who's raided a Farnus outpost. I've killed a wolfwarrior who appeared to be part of the raiding party as well as an orc in regal dress, and taken the remains back to Farnus, only to be told that I haven't got what they're looking for.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks guys.

I've solved this now thanks - completely missed the previous refs to this in the thread. Eventually found the secret door.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #94
catchaserguns
Games Master

I heard there was a clue book for this game. Does anyone have it?
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns
Old 27-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #95
catchaserguns
Games Master

I've just got done 3 quests and I'm already having to face the wizard and his hordes. Is there an easier way to finish this game?
Old 28-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #96
Lykurgos

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchaserguns View Post
I've just got done 3 quests and I'm already having to face the wizard and his hordes. Is there an easier way to finish this game?
Howdy, do you mean that you've reached the time-limit which triggers the end-battle, having completed only 3 Town-Quests?

I've completed the game once, by winning that end-battle. I have 2 other partial play-through's where I did not complete.

There is no way, as far as I know, to gain more time, but I have found it possible to be well along the power curve and be ready to fight the overland tactical battles. The tips I can offer will seem basic, they are all I have:

1. Be aware that you are on a timer, so be mindful of the efficiency of whatever it is you are doing in terms of gaining experience and earning coin

2. Ensure that you have at least 2 priests on their way to developing enough wisdom and karma to be able to cast the Wrath of God spell, because each casting will let you easily win any 1 tactical combat, no matter how many opponents, and therefore rake in cash.

3. To make efficient use of time, consider the following:

# Use the Priest Transport spell early and often to avoid lengthy travel times, which really eat into your hours and days
# Pursue multiple town-quests all the time, keep notes on how to complete them, and complete as quickly as possible those you are capable of
# Avoid aimless trips around the wilderness by keeping a record of key locations, for direct travel when needed
# Spend time 'harvesting' mobs you can cope with where they are in good supply. This often means a dungeon, since random encounters are common in dungeons and moving around takes very little time compared to wilderness travel
# Pay for healing whenever you visit a town to sell-off looted gear, it really helps your combat effectiveness to remove bruised ribs and whatnot
# Be selective about what you loot, go for the higher value items and don't fill up your limited inventory with low value items. It takes quite a chunk of time to move back from a Dungeon to a Town to convert your loot into cash so you should do so only with a higher value haul

4. After completing any quest-line available, consider conquering some towns of your own for the taxation income (I think there is already at least 1 quest-line which requires you to do this anyway)
Lykurgos is offline                         Send a private message to Lykurgos
Old 01-03-2016, 01:10 AM   #97
titoloco
Lurker

It's been a lot of time but... does anyone have the copy protection manual?
I can't get it anywhere, the page offers the game manual but not the codes to play.

thanks
titoloco is offline                         Send a private message to titoloco
Old 02-03-2016, 06:55 PM   #98
Lykurgos

Quote:
Originally Posted by titoloco View Post
It's been a lot of time but... does anyone have the copy protection manual?
I can't get it anywhere, the page offers the game manual but not the codes to play.

thanks
Howdy, the copy protection for this game requires the input of words from the Game Manual. There is no separate Copy Protection manual. I am absolutely certain of this.

Quoting myself (as Svend Karlson) much earlier in this thread - the game is playable in 4 easy steps:

1. Download the main program zip from this site & install it
2. Do NOT run the crack file, just delete it
3. Download the 1.013 patch zip & apply it (if you cannot find it, message me, I'll email you it)
4. Download the manual from this site (essential, unplayable without it)

The manual is needed because without it you cannot get past the manual copy protection built into the game (the supplied crack doesn't remove all the protection) & the patch is needed because the main executable file has already been 'cracked' even if you don't run the crack supplied, which triggers an additional copy protection measure that will cripple your game after about 6 hours of playing.

Here is a Google Drive folder open to all that offers the Game Executable, 1.013 patch and the Game Manual, everything needed.

I will remain subscribed to this thread forever and am always happy to help if I can. This happens to be among my favourite games of all time!
Old 06-03-2016, 04:14 PM   #99
Lykurgos

Smile

. . . . and I have reinstalled it, and am playing it again. Woohoo!

I am setting myself of the challenge of completing it via the most difficult of the three ways to 'win' the game. I do not know of anyone that has ever done this, with everyone that I have ever read of completing the game doing so via method 1 or 2. Method 3 for me!

1. Winning the single strategic combat initiated by Rathadon with the benefit of ally support. This combat is triggered by a given date and your deployment includes lots of garrison and ally-loaned troops in addition to anything you have raised yourself.

2. Completing the final dungeon and killing the big-bad

3. Conquering Rathadon via strategic combat, which is very different to #1 because this needs to be done only with troops that you have raised directly yourself.

I am far from sure that #3 is even feasible given the enormous cost of raising and maintaining armies. I am starting out with 2 Priests targeting Wrath of God spells so I can seriously harvest high level enemies and their loot.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:58 AM   #100
Orangsemut

I am new to dosbox and I am having problem installing the patch. When I try to install the patch I get the message "Disciple of Steel does not exist in this location"

I named my game folder dsteel and when running dosbox I mount it in "c:" using the command mount c: d:\dsteel

I can play the game unpatched but just can't seem to get the 1.13 patch to run.

Appreciate any assistance that can be provided.
Orangsemut is offline                         Send a private message to Orangsemut