Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-05-2006, 07:33 PM   #391
Undertaker
Super Freak

Yes, that's Lands of Lore 2. Though I didn't like it as much as the first part, it's still a great game, in my opinion.
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 09-05-2006, 02:29 PM   #392
?sop

I played this much back in the innocent 90ties.... then i played it again after i found it again.... but their is something i remember from back then.
I am almost certain of this: i really that when i first went to the wyvel-forest... there where the white tower is... i did not amediatly go for the city or tower on the left... i went right... and went for the bridge over the casem.. but i am certain of what i had seen. there were alot of great orcs (bigger than the small ones, gray and a big axe) but when i was there i shure i had seen a black great orc, in gold armor and a golden axe... much more frightening........ does anyone else have seen this sight before, or is it my imagination????
:help:

Old 09-05-2006, 03:55 PM   #393
narkooegle
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to narkooegle

Quote:
I played this much back in the innocent 90ties.... then i played it again after i found it again.... but their is something i remember from back then.
I am almost certain of this: i really that when i first went to the wyvel-forest... there where the white tower is... i did not amediatly go for the city or tower on the left... i went right... and went for the bridge over the casem.. but i am certain of what i had seen. there were alot of great orcs (bigger than the small ones, gray and a big axe) but when i was there i shure i had seen a black great orc, in gold armor and a golden axe... much more frightening........ does anyone else have seen this sight before, or is it my imagination????
:help:
?sop, you are right, i remember the same thing,
Then i tried to look on the web.
And did you know what i fouind. Yes that is right, a picture of him :w00t: :bye:

It is kinda small, but none the less, it brings back memories.
I think the black great orc (AKA the badest Orc in the lands) dropped some cool axe, when he was slain...... but i cant remember. you have made me wanna play this game again... thanks :Titan:
narkooegle is offline                         Send a private message to narkooegle
Old 09-05-2006, 05:55 PM   #394
Undertaker
Super Freak

Yes, I have seen that Orc as well, but I don't think it drops anything, or perhaps the Vaelan's Cube. It's a cool Orc, nonetheless!
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 20-05-2006, 11:06 AM   #395
Olmec-Joe

I found a german fansite to this game when i searched for this game on wikipedia:
http://www.landsoflore.de/

But on the site i found some weird pictures, that i cant understand why they are there.
Why they lke they apear.
The only explanation i can com to is that it is from the Beta-version or something:

What does two of the heros , you can chose do on this picture?
Where is bacata.

If you understand a little german, you can also find patches, trailers and musik.

Plus some art work from the, by EA, cancelled Lands of Lore 4.
/Lands-of-Lore4

and a few artwork from there:

and:

Man i hate EA, they are destroyers of art ............. EA

Old 20-05-2006, 12:52 PM   #396
Guest_peter

I found the manual pdf form...... in french.
Anyway the pictures are nice in it:
French PDF manual
still searching for a pdf version in english

In the manual there is pictures of monsters that i do not remember from the game = weird. So was in the finale, when scotia was killed, a parade of monsters was in the credits, some of who i dont remember either.

And i found some patches..... on a russian site.
To the floppy version (in us uk and german version)
plus the cd version:

Patches for the game - russian stile

PS: does anyone know why you can have a spare valians cube at the end of the game?? can it be used for something good??

Old 21-05-2006, 07:07 AM   #397
HamburgerBoyt

*SPOILERS*

I'm stuck right now in the Level 3 of the castle and the game seems to be broken. When I finish the sum puzzle I go to the room with the humanoid figurine and Dawn's key. Because I gave it to Scotia previously I need it now but for some reason I can't pick it up. Is this a common bug and is there a fix to it? A cheat code to add the item to my inventory would be nice as well.
HamburgerBoyt is offline                         Send a private message to HamburgerBoyt
Old 21-05-2006, 11:13 AM   #398
Undertaker
Super Freak

@Almec-Joe: there's even more screenshots at http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/lands-of...chaos/cover-art . Like you said, the only explanation is that it's from the beta version.

@Guest_peter: I think you've made a mistake; I can't find any monsters in the manual that I don't know of.
You can have another Vaelan's Cube when you've received the reward from either the leader of the Knowles or the Xeobs. It's on the floor in the room where you meet with the leader. If you've attacked the leader, the Cube will still be there. You can use the cube to destroy the ghosts in Castle Cimmeria (or in the White Tower, if you, for some reason, want to go back to that place).

@HamburgerBoyt: I've heard about that bug. I'm afraid I don't know how to fix that, but I might have a savegame as a replacement for you.
Old 21-05-2006, 11:24 PM   #399
HamburgerBoyt

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertaker@May 21 2006, 11:13 AM
@HamburgerBoyt: I've heard about that bug. I'm afraid I don't know how to fix that, but I might have a savegame as a replacement for you.
Could you upload it some place?
HamburgerBoyt is offline                         Send a private message to HamburgerBoyt
Old 22-05-2006, 07:38 AM   #400
Olmec-Joe

Undertaker: You seem to be my mentor about this game: it is good to know that someone knows this exscelent game better than i.

Tell me, what can you do with the green pearl that you have even in Scotia´s tower:
i looked at en.wikipedia.org, and found this picture:

Can you see that green pearl??, what can it be used for??, where should it have been used for..... if you remember.

PS: wikipedia dosent have a good enough entry on Lands of Lore 1, 2 and 3.
It should get better, anyone who has the time, should make it better, i know i will, when i get the time:
lands of lore on wikipedia