Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-01-2007, 07:32 AM   #51
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I was exaggerating. Which still doesn't mean I support anything he does.
The only reason for which he doesn't host the games is that he commits a massive bandwidth theft. :not_ok:

Getting proper reports to all interested companies and service providers is no less a good idea, anyway.
Even if they won't shut him down, it should provide extra bumps on the way of his "business".

@Frodo: Did you try to e-mail him and request for your reviews to be removed? If he gives you a negative response, you have reason to sue.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-01-2007, 08:02 AM   #52
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Actually TFH, just to clear something up regarding ownership of reviews, this is a direct quote from the "Games that needs reviews" thread.

Quote:
By submitting reviews, these reviews become the property of Abandonia.com and you can no longer claim title to them[/b]
So technically he would need permission from Abandonia to use the reviews, not the original author.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 15-01-2007, 09:19 AM   #53
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I once asked Tom... or maybe it was Kosta (been a while since then) and was told that in fact this does not mean complete cession of copyright but a permament non-changeable permission for Abandonia to use the review.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-01-2007, 01:37 PM   #54
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jan 15 2007, 08:41 AM) [snapback]274956[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
How about blocking references to AB made from that site?[/b]
That might actually be doable. For the moment, we also can alter the filenames of the downloads he seems to be leeching: effectively, anyone trying to get them would receive a nice textfile with something like:
Quote:
You have been duped!
If you are reading this message, it means that you have followed a link from a notorious leecher site.
This game is for download free of any sort of charge from Abandonia.com - don't let leechers take your money for something you can get for free![/b]
Any direct download links he uses now would be broken, and with such messages we would also discourage his clientele from making further use of his service.[/b]
Yes, I think this will be a very good way of reaching his customers, and also tell them to stay away from him in the future. Of course, what will prevent him from getting it fixed?
Old 15-01-2007, 01:55 PM   #55
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jan 15 2007, 08:32 AM) [snapback]274969[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
@Frodo: Did you try to e-mail him and request for your reviews to be removed? If he gives you a negative response, you have reason to sue.
[/b]
Yes, I emailed him. I'm just waiting for his response.

I like your text file idea, telling people they have been duped. Can that really be done?

But I want to sue him. NOW!

:bleh:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 15-01-2007, 01:57 PM   #56
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Nothing.
But then question is whether he cares about fixing such things at all.

Remember, that every quitting customer may discourag other customers/potential customers as well.

That in addition to bugging the leecher dude about the download not working.
While more trouble just keeps piling in.

-- Reed Richards
Old 16-01-2007, 12:05 AM   #57
win98
In the loop on hardware.

Im gonna email him using my hotmail account. If anyone has anything they want to request to be removed post here and I will include it in the email.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 16-01-2007, 01:18 AM   #58
plix
Game freak

Not worth it. This guy has been doing this for some time and has been contacted repeatedly. He operates with relative impunity because of his location and that of his host. Don't bother with him, you'll get no where. The only real outside chance at getting him shut down is through his host (though there's been little luck there).

There was a rather long discussion about this guy some time ago on DFL (archive.org link as DFL has been broken for some time).
plix is offline                         Send a private message to plix
Old 16-01-2007, 02:24 AM   #59
JJXB
Pi-voh

i found your suggestion there funny plix
Quote:
Originally posted by Plix
"Play around with .htaccess some and redirect the the zip files to fake ones with goatse.cx images in them (or something similar). If anyone is actually paying for these files then you have a new group of people to halp out bitching to the payment systems and ISPs."
since there's nothing we can really do legally, i'd say we go with diversion to another file anyway.
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 16-01-2007, 02:43 AM   #60
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Well, it seems I got his admin email adresse. Anyone have any great ideas what it could be used for?

Anyway: I don't know if any of this may be useful, but this is what Whois has to say:
http://whois.domaintools.com/mosw.com