Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner > Programming
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-04-2005, 01:49 PM   #11
Dino
Call me Edmund

Just one advice: maybe it would be better to make singleplayer RPG because that way it could become more popular, probably more people would play it... Not everyone has connection fast enough (like me, 56k :not_ok: ) and wishes to be connected to play it! What do you think about it?
Old 29-04-2005, 02:15 PM   #12
chickenman
Hero Gamer

Thumbs down

Yes it will be single player as well and the graphics will go any where from Doom to Half-life 2 so even my crappy computer will run it.
chickenman is offline                         Send a private message to chickenman
Old 29-04-2005, 03:04 PM   #13
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Sounds promising...

Can I sign up for Alpha testing?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-04-2005, 04:05 PM   #14
punch999
The true Shadow President

did you say this is going to be a fps....
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 30-04-2005, 09:00 AM   #15
chickenman
Hero Gamer

Thumbs down

Just to clear things up a bit:

This game will be a first person online and offline RPG, this game will be like Runescape in first person the game theme will be medieval but because it will use Quake 3 maps it can be made into any think you want.

NrmMyth, I hope you can help because I am short on programmers so far only Kon-Tiki is helping me with some programming.

The_fifth_horseman, Great more testers the better but expect the Alpha version to be out in a few months, just remember I need people who can do ( 2D graphics, 3D graphics, C++ \ C programming, Assembly programmers, Python programmers, advertising, testers and much more)

If you would like more information on the game and\or would like to help contact me on the Abandonia IRC channel on irc.quakenet.org #abandonia or contact me through MSN

chickenman2005@hotmail.co.uk
or if you can't get to me any of these ways send me an e-mail to the address below
james.wood357@ntlworld.com
chickenman is offline                         Send a private message to chickenman
Old 30-04-2005, 11:58 AM   #16
NrmMyth
Hero Gamer

I could help with the problems solving, don't know anything about 2D and less of 3D.

Tell me what you need I'll try to do what is in my power. k:
Old 30-04-2005, 02:15 PM   #17
omg
Games Master

i will help with testing. also music and sound fx, i got quite a good studio set up so can create original sound fx, (using a mix of synthisis and foley) as for a medievil style of music, guess would haftas get butchering midi files. also will write some scenerios. if you are going down the runescape route learn from its mistakes.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 30-04-2005, 03:47 PM   #18
punch999
The true Shadow President

yes runescape is a great game but to childish and simple

of course every idiot in runescape would complain if it got complex

oh yes what exactly are you going for and if your going for a mmorpg i reccomend you make it a old gaming rpg not a abandonian

i coulld probobly work contact me on msn if you need anything like advertising and crap like that

oh and i am a OK 3d animator not expert but hey
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 30-04-2005, 05:01 PM   #19
omg
Games Master

what i hate about runescape and this game should advoid

crafting : 1 bar of silver should make multiple holy symbols, likewise 1 bar of gold multi rings , make the equiv in items from the wieght of metal you have.
food: even if you have the $ and you just wanna pk you cannot just buy good cooked food from somewhere, u hafta spend a lotta time fishing an cooking.
quests: less gai quests!! (help the golblins with there armour ..., help the squire with his sword, ) less walking in constant circles to get a quest done
magic items , needed, so non spell casting charactors can accsess quests without having top train there magic up (and pointlessly raise there combat lvl)
more tresure in pvp areas.
the censor, runescapes censor even distroys a lot of abbrvs of rude words, in fact the dam thing has a problem with aqbbrvs all together, i have typed whole sentances many times (with no rude words) and had it come up ********************tually, is one of the maaany reosens i have stopped playing.
evil monsters should talk while u fight them (a bit like in fallout)
2 many rs quests require massive crafting, mining, smithing, fletching lvls, there arnt enuff pure combat char missions, this is deeply unfair to all those who just wanna hit , shoot, zap things. this game needs to cater for all and not force u at some points to hit rocks for 2 weeks of your life before you can do a quest.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 30-04-2005, 05:10 PM   #20
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

I'd say no cencoring at all. In Runescape, it sucks so badly it even cencored Kon-Tiki a few times, and's cencored Msn and Aim all the time. in Anarchy Online, it doesn't cencor anything, and it works just fine. Then again... the community's completely different on both games...
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki