Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: PC or consoles?
PC 37 82.22%
Xbox /360 3 6.67%
PlayStation 1/2/3 2 4.44%
another one console 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-12-2005, 08:42 PM   #21
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

We are talking about the 360 here Omg. Not the old, utterly (now) outclassed Xbox. Ew, to think someone might see you still playing with that! It's so out of date now! Etc.

TheGiantMidgit: I wish. A Snes is a piece of collection nowaday, at least around this part of the globe. I might, as you said, manage to (luckily) find a Snes console for around 20$ at a garage sale, but the games in themselves I will only be able to find them in special shops which sell them 40$ and above a piece for the good games. And who want to play the boring games?

I used, since around 10 years, to hunt games in sale bins in shops. I usually buy my games 10 to 20$ and I have way more play time than most of the new console games like Fable, for example. 10 gaming hours play time, that must be a new record. :blink:

I usually get around 40 gaming hours per game I purchase for only 10 bucks. Go me. :P
Old 13-12-2005, 08:46 PM   #22
Spoonman
Flyswatter

I doubt anyone who really goes for abandonware (pretty much everyone on this forum) would prefer a console above the PC.

And neither do I, because I've grown up with PC and PC-gaming and I dislike those quirky keypads you need to use, yuck.

Besides, I can't even edit my photos with an x-box, major disappointment :P
Old 13-12-2005, 08:52 PM   #23
omg
Games Master

im being dissed for playing on an x box.. on a classic dos games forum.. something feels not quite right here..
i got a 3.1ghz system in the other room, im currently on my net/music terminal . but im sick of patching games (or waiting for patches in the case of postal 2) to get my games working. i get home from work and i want a gameing session i dont want the trauma of dealing with my fave game crashing (ie postal 2) becuse of microsoft releaseing a new version of direct x.

pcs
1 hp netserver pro lh
2 p2s
1 1.1ghz system
1 3.1 ghz system

consoles
sega megadrive
sega dreamcast
ps1
x box

edit: quote by eagle of fire
Quote:
And who want to play the boring games?
again, this is coming from a mod on a site that hosts games that use graphics even more outdated than the nes... it really feels not right.
like i say im waiting for the ps3 to come out before i decide wether or not to get a 360. but due to the fact i will have to get patches to get my x box games working im not so sure as i like consoles becuse they just work.
i always feel its kind of a waste using a pc for gaming. and when it comes to music software you get a performance hitch if you install games on the same drive as your music soft. maybe im just to sensitive to milliseconds of lag, who knows.

besides x box 360 260 ukp. a new 3 ghz plus system is 600 pounds plus unless you skimp massivley on what you have on board.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 13-12-2005, 09:02 PM   #24
SupSuper
Games Master

PC. Besides the reasons most have already posted, and:

If it breaks, I can fix it
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 13-12-2005, 09:14 PM   #25
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

PC. It invents everything.
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 13-12-2005, 10:09 PM   #26
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The best platform for gaming ever in my opinion was the SNES.
That system alone set so many trends and cliches that are now evident in the games we play everyday.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 13-12-2005, 10:12 PM   #27
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Dec 13 2005, 09:42 PM
TheGiantMidgit: I wish. A Snes is a piece of collection nowaday, at least around this part of the globe.
Oh. Around here, they spawn from the forest floor late at night, in order to sneak in local pawn shops. Guess it's a localization thing.

Quote:
And who want to play the boring games?*
I would. If you could call Contra 3 boring, then it's time to take the glue bottle from your nostril.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 13-12-2005, 10:17 PM   #28
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGiantMidgit@Dec 13 2005, 11:12 PM
Quote:
I would. If you could call Contra 3 boring, then it's time to take the glue bottle from your nostril.
He's right in that respect. Good SNES games can cost twice or even three tiems as much as the SNES itself, just check eBay for Final Fantasy III or any other good game.

I voted PC, it's the best gaming platform, plus it can emulate all other gaming platforms (including the SNES, and we all know that console gaming has gone downhill from there). It can also do other stuff, like music, work and t'interent.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 13-12-2005, 10:19 PM   #29
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Havell+Dec 13 2005, 11:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Havell @ Dec 13 2005, 11:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheGiantMidgit@Dec 13 2005, 11:12 PM
Quote:
He's right in that respect. Good SNES games can cost twice or even three tiems as much as the SNES itself, just check eBay for Final Fantasy III or any other good game.

I voted PC, it's the best gaming platform, plus it can emulate all other gaming platforms (including the SNES, and we all know that console gaming has gone downhill from there). It can also do other stuff, like music, work and t'interent. [/b][/quote]
I was refering to the quality of the games, not the price. And yea, games, if in high demand, can cost a pretty penny.

I got nothing against PC gaming, great for complex, involving games, net play is great as well, but at a party, 4 player Drunken Bomberman reigns supreme because Console games are so easy to pick up and play, even to the uninitiated.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 13-12-2005, 11:13 PM   #30
omg
Games Master

exactly why if you are talking purely for games consoles rule. of course if you are not then the pc is ahead, if i had to use the music software you get on consoles i would have to kill myself. i thought though we were talking purely for gaming, but clearly we arnt, which seems a little unfair, at the end of the day a home pc is a jack of all trades so its going to win against a console, but if you are talking purely for gaming then consoles are a hell of a lot more accesable.
besides you almost never get a good beat em up for a pc, and to have a 4 player game on a pc you need a home lan, the setting up of which costs how much... (not just in cash but also in terms of time spent setting the damn thing up)
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg