Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #11
red_avatar
Administrator

Neither of the two games is really that good although FSW isn't bad for a free game .
red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 08-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #12
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Meister View Post
The general rule is that you don't try to play games with an integrated gfx card.
Good rule. Except that games such as The Sims 2, Operation Flashpoint, Civilization IV, GTA Vice City, Sid Meier's Pirates!, etcetera, work fine (that means no slowdowns at all with max supported graphic settings) with my Intel 82945G (133t!), alongh with thousands more.

Anyway I don't know if it would be really impossible to let me disable the stoopid features that my card doesn't support so I can play. I bet me old eyes wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway. Actually Pirates let me did just that, it crashed all the time, then I disabled shading and lo, it looks great, can't tell the difference from the screenshots I've seen elsewhere.

Last edited by Japo; 08-10-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Old 08-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #13
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

I'm sorry but an integrated card cannot max Civ 4, OFP and Sims 2 without lag... maybe at like 640x480 res, probably not even. OFP still lags depending on what you are doing. If you wanna play a CTI match with 32 players you are gonna lag even with the newer processors and gfx cards since OFP doesn't like multi-core processors as much as single core. A lot of games don't even start without a dedicated graphics card.
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister
Old 09-10-2008, 05:42 AM   #14
bobson
Game is over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japofran View Post
... with my Intel 82945G (133t!) ...
Before Playing check this list. You probably will not be able to play anything that is not here (and some of these games are also not playable) ... I had the same problem.

EDIT: check this title from the list: The Bard's Tail - anyone heard about it ??

Last edited by bobson; 09-10-2008 at 05:44 AM. Reason: little funny mistake found
bobson is offline                         Send a private message to bobson
Old 09-10-2008, 07:56 PM   #15
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob-satan View Post
Before Playing check this list.
Thanks, good to know. Still it's good to know for sure since the list isn't exhaustive. Next time I'll install the game in a sandbox. (Actually that's what I did at first, but since I got an uncomprehensible error popup instead of an explanation about my hardware, I thought that the reason why the game wouldn't run was the sandboxing, and tried installing it for real.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Meister View Post
I'm sorry but...
Don't be. What I've said is not what I've been told by somewhere else, but what I've experienced in my own computer. I'm afraid that if you really want to call bullshit on it and expose me as a liar you'll have to call on me, just be sure to phone in advance. The last game of those I had installed was Pirates! (until some days ago), and I do remember that all settings were maxed including resolution at 1280x1024--except shading which caused the game to crash.

Right, 640x480, that's how I play Tomb Raider... inside DOSBox (without hardware support)..
Old 11-10-2008, 01:50 AM   #16
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

What really pisses me off is that one of my friends has some similar integrated card (64 mB), and I have a Radeon 9250 (128 mB). We both bought Spore. Guess what? Works on his computer, but not on mine.

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN
Old 11-10-2008, 10:26 PM   #17
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

great news... Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War has been added to the list!
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister