Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-06-2007, 04:05 AM   #1
Iowa
Game Wizzard

I first encountered console emulators when one was given to me by one of my friends, it imitated a SNES and came with several entertaining games. These titles ranged from Act Raiser, to Chrono Trigger, to Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. Of course, because they were the SNES versions of the games their sound wasn't exactly up to par with the industry standard.

But nonetheless, they're fun, and provide an excellent distraction from getting anything done (a telltale sign of good games).

The question/discussion that I propose to the Abandonia community is this: Are console emulators, such as the as-of-now unnamed one I use reasonable to use? Or are they just another warez-esque tools that rob developers of money?

The thing I don't understand is that because i'm using an emulator of such an old console, I don't believe i'm doing much harm, seeing as those games are generally not sold in stores anymore. But if such an emulator turns out to not be such an unspeakable act of piracy, i'll gladly post up some info on obtaining them, because I think that several users are reading this and thinking things like "Man, he's right, i'd love to be able to kick the crap out of Mortal Kombat 2, or pull out my hair at the difficulty of Contra 3 from the comfort of my PC." and that'd be cool to spread around.

If, however, it turns out that these are immoral to have...

*looks at warn level*

:wallbash: "Curse you Abandonia moderators!!!!" :wallbash:

Closing sidenote: I specifically mentioned console emulators, because as we all know, good 'ol DOSBox is 100% emulator itself.