Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-07-2005, 02:23 PM   #1
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

A new PC was recently acquired here in the bureau, and as far as I managed to get most of it running, I have trouble with the onboard network adapter. Which is that the drivers provided on the driver CD failed to work and all the versions I found on the net are only copies of these.

To make things worse, the only PCI expansion slot on the board is already occupied by the graphics card and we cannot afford purchase of a network adapter card anyway right now. So getting and installing an extension card is completely out of question.

The onboard adapter in question is Davicom 9102 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-07-2005, 03:07 PM   #2
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

I don't know if this cuold help you, but in the Davicom site there are different versions of the driver for the 9102... and you cuold contact them...

Good luck! k:
Old 08-07-2005, 03:14 PM   #3
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Does this help?
http://www.driversearch.com/forums/network/1653.html
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 08-07-2005, 11:58 PM   #4
konfliktPL
Super Freak

It's strange that the drivers You've got with the network card do not work. Maybe it's something with the hardware. First, You should check if everything is connected properly - go through every cable and check all connections with the manual. Does the device manager detect the network adapter?
Regards.
konfliktPL is offline                         Send a private message to konfliktPL
Old 09-07-2005, 11:12 PM   #5
McKack

I had a HELL of a time installing some drivers on Windows 95 today where I didn't know one bit about what chipset or motherboard this machine contained. Finally I found this kickass program UnknownDevices that showed me all the info I needed to then go on www.driverguide.com and just get the right drivers. Thought this could help you figure out for sure what component/chipset it is and might help you find some other drivers than what you've already tried. I thought I knew exactly what soundcard I installed in this machine but couldn't get it installed. In UD it gave me some weird numbers and stuff and the drivers I found matching them did the trick.

I'm all done now and I'm using the machine right now, I even got Firefox running on it Latest IE supported by 95 was 5.5 so I don't wanna take any chances.
McKack is offline                         Send a private message to McKack
Old 10-07-2005, 04:13 AM   #6
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Yeah, go the Win95. :Brain:
Old 10-07-2005, 04:39 AM   #7
McKack

Only 200 BSOD's this far! Yay!
McKack is offline                         Send a private message to McKack
Old 11-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #8
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I don't know if this cuold help you, but in the Davicom site there are different versions of the driver for the 9102... and you cuold contact them...
Thanks for the URL, the "obvious" adress (www.davicom.com) sent me to some alarm system manufacturer.

Quote:
It's strange that the drivers You've got with the network card do not work. Maybe it's something with the hardware. First, You should check if everything is connected properly - go through every cable and check all connections with the manual. Does the device manager detect the network adapter?
Properly connected, I am sure of that. Especially since the adapter is built into the motherboard, and I checked that the jumper settings match the manual. The device manager detects it normally.

Quote:
Finally I found this kickass program UnknownDevices that showed me all the info I needed to then go on www.driverguide.com and just get the right drivers
I guess I'll try that too.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 11-07-2005, 10:52 AM   #9
Apocalypse Dude
Super Freak

Try www.driverguide.com You have to register but then you get acces to the biggest driver library on the internet.
Apocalypse Dude is offline                         Send a private message to Apocalypse Dude
Old 11-07-2005, 12:32 PM   #10
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Driverguide was the first place I checked - and none of their drivers worked.

Right now, thanks to Quintopotere, I got the right drivers.

But it looks like I'll have to reinstall the whole damn Windows on that machine - for the third time over. :angry:

-- Reed Richards