Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Introductions, Farewells and Returns
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-01-2019, 11:41 AM   #11
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
Well, fortunately, there are still games that we can play again such as Dune, Dune II, Master of Magic, Master of Orion II, Warcraft, Warcraft II, Wing Commander Privateer, etc. Not to mention that games of Logical Reasoning (Puzzle) such as LaserTank, Klotski, etc. are old games. It would be to keep our mind sharper and more active...

Ah! Another thing, some jewelry such as Beyond Two Souls, Detroit: Become Human, Dragon Age franchise, God of War (new), Heavy Rain, Horizon Zero Dawn, Last of Us, Mass Effect franchise, etc. mix Action, Adventure and RPG. That way, it would be much better and enjoyable to play such games than Diablo, Torchlight and other “brainless” games... in my humble opinion...
I agree with you, Mystvan. I can't bear games like Diablo anymore... too much clicking, not enough thinking. I think I will put more emphasis on RTS and TBS in the future. Also, logic games. Some of them are unbeliavably cool. I recently started to play Hidden Object games, and some of them have really difficult puzzles. Esoterica - Hollow Earth comes to mind.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 18-02-2019, 12:24 AM   #12
LaughingSnowman

Congratulation on being here for that long. I've been around a minute but never signed up to the forums.

I remember around 2006-2010 abandonware was a huge thing. Now all I can do is look at the bottom of this forum and I become sad when I read "Members: 826,401, Active Members: 1,330". I guess Steam/GOG/Social Media has really killed a lot of the forums and sites off .
LaughingSnowman is offline                         Send a private message to LaughingSnowman
Old 21-02-2019, 08:24 PM   #13
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingSnowman View Post
Congratulation on being here for that long. I've been around a minute but never signed up to the forums.

I remember around 2006-2010 abandonware was a huge thing. Now all I can do is look at the bottom of this forum and I become sad when I read "Members: 826,401, Active Members: 1,330". I guess Steam/GOG/Social Media has really killed a lot of the forums and sites off .
Thanks mate! I really wasn't active always. In fact, if you look at my post history, there's like a 5-year hiatus when I went to university. (duh)

It's not so much I didn't have Internet in college, I didn't spend time browsing it and coming here.

Also, the members count is quite misleading because our captcha doesn't work well, so we used to swipe out bots by the dozens. But yeah, GOG really didn't help the abandonware economy all that much. I can't help but think what Abandonia would be today if we thought about selling games before GOG did.

But! There's always a but. GOG pretty much stands on the volunteers shoulders and I'll be damned if half of their games are not from Home of the Underdogs or Abandonia. They just frontend them with their launcher but they found all of the tech advice and best practices on forums like this. We are a goldmine really.

Anyway thanks for posting here and making an account. Please do enjoy your stay and be welcome to our close-knit community of oldtimers, weirdos, and spambots.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker