Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-05-2012, 04:32 AM   #1
Ravecraft
Lurker

Default Entomorph: Plaque of the Darkfall - Problem on Vista

Hello everyone! I've been looking for this game for a long time and I'm glad I was finally able to find it in the ISO cellar.

Anyways, my problem is when I go to save the game I get a message that says "The disk is full. The temporary game file cannot be updated." Then it quits to the main menu without saving the game. The harddrive the game is installed to has 20 gigs of free space. I'm running the game in Windows 95 compatibility mode in Vista, and I'm running it off of a CD I burned with the disc image (burned with Daemon tools lite, and Astroburn lite).

Other than the "disk is full" error, the game runs fine, and I get all audio. I can play the game, but it's a bit hard to get through the game without the ability to save or die, haha! Does anyone know of something I can try to fix it?

I don't have a copy of windows 3.1/95/98, so running a virtual machine isn't the best option for me because I would have to steal a copy from somewhere
Ravecraft is offline                         Send a private message to Ravecraft
Old 07-05-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Not really a Vista problem.
Quote:
The harddrive the game is installed to has 20 gigs of free space.
This. It's a common issue with early 90's games - if you provide them with too much free HDD space, when the game attempts to check the amount of available space the value won't fit into the type the game executable was programmed to use.
Put the game on a smaller partition, with significantly less space - 1-2 GB would be about right. Should work perfectly fine then.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman