Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
exoscoriae
Default Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego?

Every site I have checked has the enhanced 1992 version listed as the original 1986 version. There were three releases of the "USA" series:

Where in the USA is Carmen San Diego (1986)
Where in the USA is Carmen San Diego Enhanced (1992)
Where in the USA is Carmen San Diego Deluxe (1994)

There are screen shots of the 86 version on mobygames, and I used to own it - so i know it exists. Anyone seen it available online anywhere?

Old 28-10-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
Pallantre

There also seems to be a v2.0 that was released in 1989 and I have a demo version of that. It was the best I could come up with. While it is available on the net, you have to pay for it unless your ISP includes access to Usenet.
Pallantre is offline                         Send a private message to Pallantre
Old 04-11-2010, 08:38 AM   #3
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallantre View Post
There also seems to be a v2.0 that was released in 1989 and I have a demo version of that. It was the best I could come up with. While it is available on the net, you have to pay for it unless your ISP includes access to Usenet.
Enhanced version is v2.3. So it could be possible that vanilla 2.0 never existed for public.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 17-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
gumpy
Game freak

Well, I hope that I don't get yelled at for bumping an old thread, but I have the original 1986 version of this game.

gumpy is offline                         Send a private message to gumpy
Old 19-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

I love those old versions Although I can't play USA because I have absolutely no idea of the geography and culture

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 22-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #6
Eirreann

Oh, I own that game!! I've had it for years... never been able to play it, though...

Would it be illegal to post the disk image up on here or anything? Coz if it's legal, I'll definitely do it!
Eirreann is offline                         Send a private message to Eirreann
Old 05-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

It's abandonware, so posting a link is fine: a mod or supermod can put a link up for you in the ISO cellar

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 04-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #8
lessthandan

I hate to bump an old thread (again), but... does ANYONE have the 1994 Windows version of this game? I would kill for it. Not the DOS version, but the re-release with the enhanced music and sound, etc. Thanks guys.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #9
Hellmark

I hate grave digging, but the versions I'm seeing are all the newer ones, and I too would like the original. That's the one I played the most, and it is kinda weird using a mouse now.
Hellmark is offline                         Send a private message to Hellmark