Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Which of these operation systems do you use on your MAIN computer
DOS 0 0%
FreeDOS 0 0%
DrDOS 0 0%
Windows 3.1 0 0%
Windows 95 0 0%
Windows 98 5 9.26%
Windows 2000 0 0%
Windows NT 0 0%
System 7 0 0%
Mac OS 9 0 0%
Mac OS X 3 5.56%
System V 0 0%
BSD 0 0%
KDE Linux 0 0%
Gentoo Linux 0 0%
Suse Linux 0 0%
Other Linux/Unix based OS 4 7.41%
BeOS 0 0%
Solaris 0 0%
OS/2 Warp 0 0%
AmigaOS 0 0%
TOS 0 0%
Other 4 7.41%
Windows XP 38 70.37%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-01-2006, 07:44 PM   #41
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Grinder@Jan 21 2006, 11:42 AM
plix is right, efthimios. The thing with the hardware is because they want to make macs as stable as they can be. The thing with the one-button mouse is just stupid. My Apple Mouse has five buttons, and you can use any USB keyboard and mouse you want with your mac.
IF that m$ stuff is bothering you, fine. I can write ms windows, too.
By the way, there is a Mac version of OpenOffice.
since there is no point in discussing this with someone as -sorry to say- prejudiced as you are, This will be my last post concerning macs.
If you want to see some other people talking about windows, just take a look at page 3/4 of the Windows Vista thread.
I am not prejudiced against Macs. there are very specific reasons that I do not like them. I did not wake up one morning and said I do not like macs. I had several times the chance of getting one, going back in 1985 the first, and I didn't then, I don't know, for very specific, not CrAzY reasons. I am not prejudiced against them.

I am also not supporting Windows. I have said in the past that for me the best OS would be one that would fit in a ROM like the old TOS days, and everything you wanted in programs you had to get them elsewhere. I am defending Windows though from uncalled attacked and assumptions that MS is all for the money while Apple is the savior of the human race. (you get my point).

I agree this is enough.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 22-01-2006, 08:30 AM   #42
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios+Jan 22 2006, 06:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (efthimios @ Jan 22 2006, 06:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Grinder@Jan 21 2006, 11:42 AM
plix is right, efthimios. The thing with the hardware is because they want to make macs as stable as they can be. The thing with the one-button mouse is just stupid. My Apple Mouse has five buttons, and you can use any USB keyboard and mouse you want with your mac.
IF that m$ stuff is bothering you, fine. I can write ms windows, too.
By the way, there is a Mac version of OpenOffice.
since there is no point in discussing this with someone as -sorry to say- prejudiced as you are, This will be my last post concerning macs.
If you want to see some other people talking about windows, just take a look at page 3/4 of the Windows Vista thread.
I am not prejudiced against Macs. there are very specific reasons that I do not like them. I did not wake up one morning and said I do not like macs. I had several times the chance of getting one, going back in 1985 the first, and I didn't then, I don't know, for very specific, not CrAzY reasons. I am not prejudiced against them.

I am also not supporting Windows. I have said in the past that for me the best OS would be one that would fit in a ROM like the old TOS days, and everything you wanted in programs you had to get them elsewhere. I am defending Windows though from uncalled attacked and assumptions that MS is all for the money while Apple is the savior of the human race. (you get my point).

I agree this is enough. [/b][/quote]
I wanna get Linux. I don't like Mac because I think the lay out is horrible. And I just don't like the keyboard for some reason. I wanna get Linux.
Old 24-01-2006, 08:54 AM   #43
chickenman
Hero Gamer

I can help you there Bobbin :P

I've used Mac, Windows and Linux and out of all of them Linux is the best.
chickenman is offline                         Send a private message to chickenman
Old 24-01-2006, 09:20 AM   #44
Xalo

i use windows XP and windows 98 for games, because xp has a bit dumb setting or what that it minimizes the game and outputs something about stinky keys or somethin' like that. annoying if playing anything where u need speed and reaction.
Xalo is offline                         Send a private message to Xalo
Old 24-01-2006, 11:43 AM   #45
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hmmmmmm,

Seb's and my OS :whistle:
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 24-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #46
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Xalo@Jan 24 2006, 11:20 AM
i use windows XP and windows 98 for games, because xp has a bit dumb setting or what that it minimizes the game and outputs something about stinky keys or somethin' like that. annoying if playing anything where u need speed and reaction.
Control panel
Switch to classical view
Accessibility options
TADA!!!! Uncheck them.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 24-01-2006, 02:20 PM   #47
Xalo

thnx, efthimios... i may even call you a god
Xalo is offline                         Send a private message to Xalo
Old 01-02-2006, 11:30 AM   #48
Mara
Abandonia nerd

I once had win 98 and win 2000 running.

Then, I tried XP, and seing that I could play win95 games on it, i got rid of win2000 and win98.

now I have XinXP Pro and Kubuntu (good Linux distrib )
And DosBox, and Microsft virtual PC to emulate win98 (but rarly usefull tanks to winXP compatibilty mode)

anyway Kubuntu and winXp rules the world ! :whistle:
Mara is offline                         Send a private message to Mara
Old 10-02-2006, 05:38 AM   #49
vipin
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to vipin

I could not vote because there is no option for Dual Boot!

Anyway, I have these OS in my computer:-

Ubuntu 5.04i
Windows XP SP2
Windows 98SE
and yes, DOS do exists as I can take it to DOS from Windows 98 by pressing F8 at the time of booting.... :bleh:
Old 10-02-2006, 10:08 AM   #50
LZW

windows server 2003 r2 enterprise edition... (I found it somewhere, don't tell bill@)
LZW is offline                         Send a private message to LZW