Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 14-03-2005, 06:32 PM   #1
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I have a great great great great great great great great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S BAN ALL THOSE STUIPD "YOU'RE SO GREAT" TOPICS AND OTHER PRAISES.

Let's face it guys, we are too professional for the amateurs like we are, so who needs those stupid and useless praises. They are all the same: "HELLO.... I just wanna say that YOU ARE GREAT..... YOU KICK behind.... BEST SITE I HAVE EVER BEEN TO.... site is so professional....... so many good games.... working games..... " and something like that.
Like we don't know that we have good working games. Like we wanted a site with a bunch of stupid crapy games that we can't even make to work so zillions of people just can't wait to wake up in order to visit our site immediately as they open their eyes.
Then, there are 10-20 posts saying something completly unexpected like "thanks and welcome". Like would say "go away you damn newbee" in order to show good friendly spirit, to keep on growing and to keep with this good work.

Yeah, now you gonna call me stupid, bad and insane (can't argue with the last one). Well people here want to work, and good work brings success and success is measured by results and perfomance, not by praises. Praises are just good to hear along the way, in case that you become unsure. Well, to me, it is completly unimportant.

Now, to be more reasonable (and less sarcastic, you didn't actally thought that i'm that much of an ashole right? right? right? )
I think we should have a separated section for praises. Don't know why, just don't like to come to abandonia after several days, check this section and see many praising topics, so i need to search through them in order to see what's going on.

And, yess, i don't like praises a lot. Makes you become soft and lazy.

Think about it :bye:
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 14-03-2005, 06:38 PM   #2
TaloN
Hero Gamer

or.. have a praise topic stickid and move all posts into it (yes i got ur sarcasm)
TaloN is offline                         Send a private message to TaloN
Old 14-03-2005, 06:57 PM   #3
xcom freak
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by marko_river@Mar 14 2005, 07:32 PM
I have a great great great great great great great great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's face it guys, we are too professional for the amateurs like we are, so who needs those stupid and useless praises. They are all the same: "HELLO.... I just wanna say that YOU ARE GREAT..... YOU KICK behind.... BEST SITE I HAVE EVER BEEN TO.... site is so professional....... so many good games.... working games..... " and something like that.
Like we don't know that we have good working games. Like we wanted a site with a bunch of stupid crapy games that we can't even make to work so zillions of people just can't wait to wake up in order to visit our site immediately as they open their eyes.
Then, there are 10-20 posts saying something completly unexpected like "thanks and welcome". Like would say "go away you damn newbee" in order to show good friendly spirit, to keep on growing and to keep with this good work.

Yeah, now you gonna call me stupid, bad and insane (can't argue with the last one). Well people here want to work, and good work brings success and success is measured by results and perfomance, not by praises. Praises are just good to hear along the way, in case that you become unsure. Well, to me, it is completly unimportant.

Now, to be more reasonable (and less sarcastic, you didn't actally thought that i'm that much of an ashole right?* * right?* * right?* )
I think we should have a separated section for praises. Don't know why, just don't like to come to abandonia after several days, check this section and see many praising topics, so i need to search through them in order to see what's going on.

Think about it* :bye:
Praise section :blink: :blink:

Its true that there are a lot of praise but a praise section will really give members a bad image about abandonia's modesty....
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 14-03-2005, 07:01 PM   #4
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Hmm..

TOM is still happy with them...makes him continue the site..

So only for that reason we should keep it..

and for the rest: I just love to SPAM in such "praising" topics..

hehe :bleh:
Old 14-03-2005, 08:19 PM   #5
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

I agree to keeping them, a little praise doesn't hurt every now and then.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 14-03-2005, 08:31 PM   #6
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Tom is happy. Tom want praises. Tom needs praises. Praise Tom.
Old 14-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #7
Data
retired

You are the best Tom!

Tom
:wub: Tom :wub:
Old 14-03-2005, 08:37 PM   #8
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Mar 14 2005, 10:31 PM
Tom is happy. Tom want praises. Tom needs praises. Praise Tom.
Attaboy! You are busy as a bee! Keep it up! And... everyone likes you because of your enjoyable character! k:
Old 14-03-2005, 08:37 PM   #9
taikara
Abandonia Homie

*adds praise*

Best everr!!!1

:wub: :wub:

taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 14-03-2005, 08:42 PM   #10
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by marko_river@Mar 14 2005, 02:32 PM

Now, to be more reasonable (and less sarcastic, you didn't actally thought that i'm that much of an ashole right? right? right? )

Think about it :bye:
What a great idea!!!

You marko are the Best!!! LOL LOL LOL

Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Closed Thread