Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-01-2006, 07:52 PM   #1
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 02:40 PM.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 26-01-2006, 09:46 AM   #2
stijnelijn

hmm i really liked the grandest fleet, which came after this one.

Shame i never could get those weird graphics running.

Old 26-01-2006, 11:11 AM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I think it's the version I have uploaded a while back. Not sure, will have to check out.

Anyway, the game runs perfectly fine WITHOUT DosBox. It experiences severe graphic bugs when running in DosBox, too.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 26-01-2006, 04:27 PM   #4
ted striker

i reviewed this one. but never tried it without dosbox. shame on me :P. newayz fifth horseman is right. game shouldn't be run under dosbox. you can still hear sounds with winxp plus graphics arent buggy. and i also forgot to mention that it is enough to type any letter and hit enter to pass copy protection. one more thing: game is 286 kb not 818. i'll be more then thankful if somebody can correct these for me in review page
ted striker is offline                         Send a private message to ted striker
Old 27-01-2006, 03:47 PM   #5

There seems to be a bug which doesn't allow you to select the ship you wish to target during combat when run on XP.

Old 30-08-2006, 11:07 PM   #6
Talking

If you like this game it's been revised by Thurston Searfoss the original QQP creator.

Check out http://www.lostadmiralreturns.com (aka Fogstonegames.com)

Tomsundy

Old 17-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #7
Vanshilar
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
There seems to be a bug which doesn't allow you to select the ship you wish to target during combat when run on XP.
I ran into the same problem. The issue has to do with the mouse cursor flipping on and off in terms of being displayed. There's some discussion of this on the DosBox forums:

http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=24717
http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=8497

I recommend using the command line option "e" (disables EGA page flipping) if possible; so when you run the game, the command line would be "atsea e" rather than simply "atsea". The cursor should always show up now, but sometimes refreshing the screen will be slower.

The second link (http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=8497#p55165) has a mouse driver file that will solve the issue (make sure the cursor is always displayed) for QQP games. You basically need to run it before running the game. There's probably a more elegant way to achieve this, but what I did was to put that mouse.com file in my Lost Admiral directory, and then I changed the dosbox shortcut to:

C:\Games\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe -conf "C:\Games\The Lost Admiral\dosbox-0.74.conf" "C:\Games\The Lost Admiral\atsea.exe" -c "mount d c:\games\thelos~1" -c "d:" -c "mouse"

It basically mounts the drive, then runs the mouse.com, then starts the game. As I said, there's probably a more elegant way to do it, but this also works for me.

Last edited by Vanshilar; 25-09-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Vanshilar is offline                         Send a private message to Vanshilar