Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-04-2006, 03:11 PM   #121
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

i know where to get it for free. but we are not allowed to share warez. so all i can say is that you try something else
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 16-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #122
Han

Hi I'm just starting to play Ultima VII, and I need help! I am being chased by a snake and I've run into a building but it's waiting outside to get me... can someone please tell me how to fight/attack?

Old 23-06-2006, 04:04 PM   #123
locool

I will simply state that I am astounded that the users only give this magnificent RPG 3.5, and can only imagine that perhaps they are comparing it with more recent RPG's on offer. In it's day the Ultima series were the creme de la creme of CRPG's, and the story, characters, and in particular detail of these hallowed games are breathtaking!

Old 23-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #124
locool

Further to my above post I would like to recommend the following 3 games to CRPG fans, who may have missed them when they came out a number of years ago. The excellent Fallout series from the now defunt Black Isle Studios, and from the same people Planescape: Torment, a superb game that won numerous accolades and among its many qualities draws you in and makes you care about the characters whos lives you control. To the best of my knowledge these games are not yet abandonware, but they should be available fairly cheaply.

Happy Gaming!

Old 26-06-2006, 09:52 AM   #125
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Same can be said about Arcanum, which happens to be made by the same _people_ if not company.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-07-2006, 08:47 AM   #126

with exult it says that it cant find the path to u7 blackgate, so please help me if possible a step by step instruction, i would use dosbox but it runs to slow so i am needing some help with exult so that i may be able to play it at a normal speed

Old 23-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #127
swiss
who's not Swiss

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 23 2006, 10:47 AM) [snapback]244587[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
with exult it says that it cant find the path to u7 blackgate, so please help me if possible a step by step instruction, i would use dosbox but it runs to slow so i am needing some help with exult so that i may be able to play it at a normal speed
[/b]

did you ever take a look at the exult documention?

you may find help here ...
swiss is offline                         Send a private message to swiss
Old 03-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #128
Sith-Avenger

HI. I recently downloaded and ran Ultima 7 using the exult software. As the screen was very small I tried using the command to change the window size (ctrl KP+/-) but the game went very pale in colour, I tried changing the gamma settings but nothing happened. I re-started but the graphics were the same pale colour so I uninstalled exult and deleted my Utima files and started form scratch, but now I get no graphics at all, just music and a black screen, and so cannot start the game...

Any help would be appreciated

Many Thanks

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to Your signature to help him on his way to world domination.</div>
Sith-Avenger is offline                         Send a private message to Sith-Avenger
Old 03-08-2006, 08:50 PM   #129
Vaikunta
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sith-Avenger @ Aug 3 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]246578[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
HI. I recently downloaded and ran Ultima 7 using the exult software. As the screen was very small I tried using the command to change the window size (ctrl KP+/-) but the game went very pale in colour, I tried changing the gamma settings but nothing happened. I re-started but the graphics were the same pale colour so I uninstalled exult and deleted my Utima files and started form scratch, but now I get no graphics at all, just music and a black screen, and so cannot start the game...

Any help would be appreciated

Many Thanks
[/b]
I'm not an expert with Exult, and I played it and wrote an walkthrough using Dosbox. It just went fine, no problems at all. You will play the original game and, for some reason, I liked it more...

Bye for now.

Random Tip: I recommend making the Avatar carry all keys you do not have a use yet and then, when you find its use, move it to someone like Spark. This saves tremendous time. (or use K in Exult, but it's not the same thing, to try every key on and on)
Vaikunta is offline                         Send a private message to Vaikunta
Old 16-08-2006, 09:31 PM   #130
Vaikunta
Forum hobbit

Some say that having a small party is better, but I disagree. With a huge party, you have a much bigger killing power than with just 4 members. Imagine you with a double-handed sword, together with other seven with double-handed swords do much more damage than just 4 with swords, it's pure mathematics. (8x11=88, 4x11=44)

The only disadvantage of having a big party is food, but c'mon, food is cheap! It may get annoying, I know. There are loads of powerful magic weapons in the game, more than 8 surely, and if you search, all members will have a full set of magic armour.

Keep track of how many members you have in your party. Don't commit the stupidity of having a member killed and then forgotten in the middle of nowhere and you spend hours searching for him/her.
Vaikunta is offline                         Send a private message to Vaikunta