Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-10-2018, 10:54 PM   #9
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post

I believe that besides the USB Flash Drive, you would also have the following alternatives:

01) Boot via USB Flash Drive that was mentioned above;
02) Boot via External Optical Disc Drive;
03) Create an Image of your Hard Disk using Acronis True Image (has been the best, worsened and improved again!) and similar programs during Windows Boot via USB Flash Drive and External Optical Disc Drive;
04) Verify if your Notebook has such a Toshiba Original Factory Restore. You could do this via USB Flash drive, External Optical Disc Drive and / or during Windows Boot (repeatedly pressing one of these following keys depending on the hardware F5? F8? F10? F12? );
05) My older brother uses Windows 7 and 10 and by comparison, Windows 10 is far more user friendly, intuitive and more compatible with modern technologies. However, I am still using Win7...
I just wanted to specify that the F5 and F8 keys allow access to the Safe Mode. Then you can perform the Original Factory Restore. This is only on branded PCs.

The F12 key would allow access to the Boot Menu, which would be useful when after the Boot, you select the Acronis True Image Flash Drive while the External Hard Drive would only be to restore / save the PC Image via Acronis True Image / Macrium (bigger Images, more time consuming to check Image Integrity, more time consuming to restore an Image ) / etc.