Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-03-2005, 10:58 AM   #61
Camulos

I used to have this game ages and ages ago on the amiga. Brings back a few memories. It's a good fun game overall, quite difficult though especially if you're new to it. Anyway, here's the help I can give:

I remember from the instruction manual I had, that doctor's experice is their ability to heal wounded people. At low experice they can only heal minor damage (75% plus or something) and at higher experice they can perform minor miracles.

Same goes for the technicians, I seem to recall that some things they can't build if they're experice is bad and/or they will be able to make better suggestions from items (e.g. he will tell you from wire that he can make a rat trap).

The gun is rubbish, as it's expensive and needs reloading. Best weapons start from dagger, then axe then pitchfork.

A lot of the items in the game are red herrings, things such as gold, tires and fuel are only good for bartering.

You have to try and block you enemies into a dead end by occupying the adjacent cities with some good troops. They won't be able to move past your cities. Then occupy the city they are in, and hey presto they won't be able to scavenge anymore food or water, and they'll soon die.

I recall people talking about building a car at the time from the bits, but as far as I can remember you can't.

Now this could be important - I have a vague memory that you can win the game without killing the other players. All you need to do is find the radio and repair it (it needs a battery and some screws I think). Then you will contact some other place where it's not all deserty and horrible and go and live happily ever after there.

The pumps just need to be left at the water source to work. They improve some places better than others.

If you find a radiated site, come back there alone when you have full health and be very quick to look around. They usually have some really good stuff there. You also don't die when you go inside the buildings. The raditation suit takes forever to build.

Always check each area for items on the floor, they look like little brown poos.

That's it for the moment. Please don't blame me if some of the info is wrong (it was about 10 years ago since I played it). Have fun
Camulos is offline                         Send a private message to Camulos
Old 23-03-2005, 10:37 PM   #62
_\Magus/_
Forum hobbit

yeah i found that radio you were talking of in Left end... it means i'm almost at the end of the game for the first level...

also i noticed i bug (and no its not the damn movement bug when you travel in town :blink: )... it seems that sometime dog, road traders or even the enemy's guys can resurect... sometimes i got 5 or 6 meat grom 1 dog because of that :bleh:

anyway i can't wait to try those next levels of dificulty, and of course to see what happen in the end of the game...

Max
Quebec, canada
Old 23-03-2005, 10:38 PM   #63
_\Magus/_
Forum hobbit

i noticed a* bug LOL
Old 23-03-2005, 10:56 PM   #64
_\Magus/_
Forum hobbit

YAY!! i'm not finished yet with this game

ok it's not batteries and screws that this two way radio need... it's batteries and an electric device... it must be another unique item wich can be found only on the ground i think, cause i found the radio on the floor (so it don't appears in the info screen).

I presume that the game is made in a way that you can find those item only at a certain point in the game.

Magus

Old 24-03-2005, 07:16 PM   #65
_\Magus/_
Forum hobbit

Kill your ennemies seems really hard : i trapped them as you said Camulos but they last very long... i'm pretty sure they stayed in my wormhole at least 7 or 8 turn... i wonder what it can be in the further levels of difficulty...

Anybody finished the game already or killed 1 of the other guys?

Magus
Old 24-03-2005, 08:02 PM   #66
_\Magus/_
Forum hobbit

note : it take at least a doctor an a good and armed mercenary at both side of your dead lock if you want to kill an ennemy in level 1... you must count between 6 and 10 turn before the ennemy die
Old 26-03-2005, 04:13 AM   #67
Camulos

I've been playing the game a bit more, and realised I made a few mistakes earlier:

Technician and doctor's experience seems to not make any difference to their skill.

I had a bad technician give better advice than one with 82% experience.

The trap is required to catch meat. Usually the "Wild West" cities with the wooden huts are where you can harvest meat. You don't need dogs to be there to get meat, so you may as well kill them all.

The clothing does seem to offer some form of protection, but not a great deal.

Also, when you are "trapping" an adversary, do not let him get access to a main city. Basically I think that in the main cities they will trade their items for food and water and so basically live for around 50 turns. If necessary abandon a location to let them get into it and progress to the next location, then reoccupy that location to trap them between two lcoations you own.

It's worthwhile to hang around until they die, as otherwise they will probably conquer one of your areas while you're away and all your hard work will be undone.
Camulos is offline                         Send a private message to Camulos
Old 26-03-2005, 04:09 PM   #68
solaris_one

If the problem with saving still persists, try creating a folder named 'BURNGAME' in the games main folder. k:

Old 27-03-2005, 12:42 AM   #69
Lord Gannon

How do you use the two way radio? I finally found the items needed to make it (broken radio, batteries and electronic odds and ends) but now nothing seems to happen I was looking forward to getting the alternative ending but now i'm stuck with not knowing how to use it. Right clicking it doesn't work by the way :S

oh the manual says that the experience percentage shown in the character screen is used solely for combat. The only way to get an indication of the skill level of the person you want to hire is by looking at the stuff they ask from you.

Old 27-03-2005, 07:05 PM   #70
_\Magus/_
Forum hobbit

man you got to put down the items you found in a statch and bring a mecano... left click...but i supose you did this already :crazy:

i found my own two way radio in Left end... just by curiosity where did you found your radio and the electronic odds and ends ??? maybe the location are always the same... also did you found those item on the ground??? cause i think it's always that way.

Max
Québec, Canada