Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #121
Panzer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(()Alf @ May 26 2006, 02:03 PM) [snapback]232390[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
1 more problem to solve, but im afraid its a bug.

when i look in the info about what is stored at a location, thers some stuff i cant find in any building at that location. i scanned the area with the mouse pointer to b sure not to miss a rock which could b some kind of hidden building (like some wells at a rock) but found nothing.

anyone else had that experience?
[/b]
Only thing I can think of is that you're missing a room only accessible by using a rope. Carry one in one character's inventory and have him try to access places you can't seem to enter otherwise. Snake Hill and two other places have caves like this, if I remember right. Not sure of the names, but one's in the middle of the mountains, above the monastery, and the other is just under the monastery in either one of the mutant areas.

Old 21-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #122
humpy93

I know i sound n00bish(i am one)but how do i use te rat trap i have already made one but i cant figure out how to use it. :thanx: in advance
humpy93 is offline                         Send a private message to humpy93
Old 25-07-2006, 11:04 PM   #123
Labradorino Golden
Thumbs down

Very nice forum anda very nice topic. Burntime is one of my favourites from loooong time ago...

I've read all the threads looking for a strange....THING.

You see, by chance i got the original game for A500+, along with the manual.

On the manual i was reading while i was sitting at bat.. nevermind where i was
Anyway, in the manual it is mentioned at page 127 (english version) there is a clear picture of a MINE DETECTOR (which resembles alot like a metal detector to me), alongside with batteries, electrical odds-ends and a broken display.

I know this may sound impossible, but i can swear you it's true. Too bad i don't have a scanner to scan the image, but possibly some1 else who have the manual can do that.

Now. I saw the same image long time ago, and i desperately tried to find the go**amn detector.

I tried exploring all locations at start, hoping to find it on the ground. I did that at game start, being sure to be the first one to enter the location, and starting from a new postion each time. But no luck.

So i tried doing that at level III difficult (hoping for better gear at higher difficulty) but the gear was even more scarce.

I checked al the traders various time, hoping that since Don Camillo carry electrical odds ends, some1 else could have metal detector.

Anyway i finished the game @ level III, i managed to get and complete the radio, but got no call at all.

I know this may be a little shocking for you, but I swear it is true.

Sometimes (especially in cities) if u check for INFO on it, u can see there are items stashed there, but u never get them all. This because some of them are INSIDE a cave maybe? A secret cave? I've read almost all of the manual, and especially the last part, which is some kind of "tutorial" for the player, covering the first days of a game... Here is mentioned (and showed) the metal detector. For what it seems the images come from PC version, or maybe A1200 version...

Anyone can help me to figure out it better?

Thanks in advance and forgive my english.

PS this is not a joke. If i get the chance i'll get a scan of that page.

Old 25-07-2006, 11:22 PM   #124
Labradorino Golden

I found the manual online, so you can check it out yourself... k:

http://www.burntime.org/download/burntime_manual.zip

look for manual page 127, not on pag 127 of acrobat reader

Old 26-07-2006, 01:15 PM   #125

I am a total expert in this game, for instance I know all tricks:

To be honest: forget the two way radio, there is NO alternative end!!!!
The rest was mainly said in the thread, so have fun playing

Old 01-08-2006, 08:13 AM   #126

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Labradorino Golden @ Jul 25 2006, 11:22 PM) [snapback]245103[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I found the manual online, so you can check it out yourself... k:

http://www.burntime.org/download/burntime_manual.zip

look for manual page 127, not on pag 127 of acrobat reader
[/b]

thanks, this was very useful to me!!!
I love this game!
(even if I wonder if guns does really exists in this game since I've never seen one!)

Old 05-09-2006, 10:48 AM   #127
maVado

Hi everyone,

Just want to say Hi to everyone,

I am the one who works on Burntime 2047 stated earlier in this thread. I love the game, esp. the graphics and the superb gameplay so I started a remake in 2005. Unfortunatly I had to abandon 2 versions already because of the lack of functionality of Multimedia Fusion which I used for designing. Now, since Version 2 is available I continue on Burntime and will soon have a first test version ready. Most of the programming can be copied from the old versions so I don't need to start from scratch, also all the limitations which prevented me from finishing the game are gone.

So check out www.burntime.org every once in a while, If I have a version ready I let you know as well.

As for the original Burntime,

Mines, broken Minedetector and repaired version is still in the game and can be found with luck. Also the gun and ammunition can be found ... however the chance is pretty low. If I remember I found a land mine in about 1 of 200 burntime starts and a Bible 3-4 times, the broken radio 2 times and never found the LCD display and the broken mine detector by myself.

Also there is no use for the radio just a trade in like everything else. No alternative ending ... sorry

There is a guy called "Florian" registered on the Burntime Board, you can PM him with your questions.
He is the son of one of the developers and might answer your questions

Old 11-09-2006, 10:17 PM   #128
Milkymalk

I played the original back in 1993 on my Amiga500 and finished it... NOT. Because the Amiga version has a bug that won't let you finish the game even if you control 101% of the necessary towns. Very frustrating. Later I finished it on the PC.

I have played the game for a total of about 10000 days and can tell you this:

I never found a mine detector.

I did find radio parts, but never all of them in the same game.

A repaired item is worth more than its parts, so the repaired radio might actually just be for trading.

Offering items at the bar does give you a hint on its value, however ROUNDED DOWN! For example, a rat is worth 3 DR, whereas 2 rats are worth 7 DR if I remember correctly. There are quite a few items which are worth "x.5" rations.

As soon as I can afford it, I travel with a companion. I usually take a mechanic along, because that way I can build anything wherever I am and only need to hire one in the whole game.

AFAIK, the computer-controlled opponents CHEAT in the PC version. On the Amiga you have absolutely no problems killing them, they die almost the first time you trap them between two towns.

If your food stack in a town is full, just fill the guard's inventory. If it's full again, switch the produced type of food in the INFO-screen.

Sometimes I make a habit of buying an empty water sack, fill it, and sell it for another empty water sack and something else, as the difference is greater than the margin of the trader. Or I hoard them, as sometimes a trader seems to have an endless supply that refills his stock every day, and then I go shopping with a truckload of full water sacks. k:

But thanks, there are a few things I never discovered, like armor from clothing (I assumed, since I can't use pulllovers etc, that they are only for barter) and use of ropes to reach some places (honestly, I thought the coders messed up some towns and forgot to make paths to the caves).

It's a classic, it's great, and it need's a multiplayer (4+) network option!
Claudio

Old 01-11-2006, 08:42 AM   #129
Knaecke

The game is great as long as there's a challenge. By now I have wiped out all my oppenents and control all cities but the radioactive ones... After running around for additional 100 days i finally managed to make one protective suit but seems one isn't enough. So I got bored and stopped playing... The only thing left for me is travelling around the map through the towns and cities and watch for dealers to find some boots. I also couldn't find any electrical odd-and-ends for my radio...

It's a great game but very hard to finish it seems...
Knaecke is offline                         Send a private message to Knaecke
Old 23-03-2007, 12:22 AM   #130

Milkymalk again here.
Someone complained about not being able to trade again with the same merchant after trading once... the cause is, they have a limited number of item slots, and if the slots won't hold all items after trading, it's not possible even if the light is green. So if you want to trade multiple times, don't stuff them with maggots.