Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #861
InghamMoM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille2006 View Post
Hi everybody!

Please read my interactive manual of the videogame "master of magic" : http://masterofmagic.free.fr/english

Enjoy and please suggest some improvements about my site !
Hello there! If you've been waiting years for a genuine successor to Master of Magic (as I have) you're in luck. We the fans and developers at Wastelands Interactive have decided to create one. Work on the project started nearly a year ago in a 2D development environment. As it evolved it was moved to a 3D environment and the basic game mechanics have started to take firm shape.

We're adding new features every day, and we would truly appreciate any suggestions. What did you like most about Master of Magic? What do you feel is a must for Worlds of Magic? What would you like us to add? Is there anything else we should consider?

Every contribution will be MUCH appreciated. It will be my pleasure to answer any question here, and you can find more info in the following links. Thank you!

Official Facebook Worlds of Magic fansite
Game forum

AND LONG LIVE MASTER OF MAGIC!!
InghamMoM is offline                         Send a private message to InghamMoM
Old 24-04-2013, 01:44 AM   #862
jute
Default Kickstarter looks good, supported it

Kickstarter looks good. Picked up the $18 level.

Old 24-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #863
InghamMoM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jute View Post
Kickstarter looks good. Picked up the $18 level.
Thank you jute!
InghamMoM is offline                         Send a private message to InghamMoM
Old 17-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #864
The Wastelander
Lurker

Default Worlds of Magic is progressing!

Some serious work has been put into Worlds of Magic since the last big update up here. So I'm happy to announce that - after successful Kickstarter campaign - our game has progressed straight to alpha stage.

We're doing our best to bring back the true spirit of Master of Magic, mixed with the modern touch it deserves. This being said, I really hope you guys like what we've already achieved within that goal. Here's a little sample of where we are now (and some hint on the direction we're heading).

Hope You all enjoy it. And we'd still appreciate any suggestions you may have for us to consider while continuing to develop the game.

In the meanwhile, you can help us with the Steam Greenlight goal by voting on our game. Let's bring the goods of WoM back, together!
The Wastelander is offline                         Send a private message to The Wastelander
Old 18-07-2016, 12:22 PM   #865
Turbo Beholder

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeFreddy View Post
Yeah, now you have that jewel of the game here! Have fun with it, anyone!
Btw, my advise is: choose Myrran-ability and take as race the Night Elves, they produce one magic point per population and their ranged units (magicians, clerics etc.) are more powerful than any of the other races.
More of an advantage is that they ALL get a weak ranged attack, even Spearmen.
But trade-offs are too high. No one likes them, so you'll have around lots of occupation forces just to have cities pay taxes. Which raises upkeep. Yes, garrisoned troops need to survive mindblasts and suchlike before you summon reinforcement, so Res +3 is good, but you don't need to make them in your capitol, and there are better - Dwarves (Res +4), Halflings (Res +2 Lucky), Beastmen (Res +1 HP x2), Trolls (Res +3 HP x4).
Another problem is the same as with High elves: very slow growth (-20). The high values per population aren't so hot if there's less of population in the first place. Sure, tiny villages are not so useless... but again, they remain tiny forever.
Half of this mana bonus you can have from Draconians or High Elves for -10 growth, or even from Beastmen with normal growth.
Extra mana from cities also comes with gold bonus or work bonus (via trade goods) using alchemy, especially if you do 1:1. Funny coincidence - Nomads have trade bonus, and Jafar who is clearly supposed to start with them has Alchemy retort.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:32 AM   #866
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

I am glad you are creating a successor of Master of Magic.

Well, my brother had bought and played the Lords of Magic years ago. I played a little too, but I was not very impressed at the time.

The game King’s Bounty (The Legend and Crossworlds), despite being RPG with elements of Adventure and Strategy, reminded me a bit of MoM because you could hire Black Dragons, Red Dragons, Green Dragons, Lich Dragons, Demons, etc. These Fantastic Creatures really blasted your opponents!

One thing I wish the MoM had was more Fantastic Creatures like Sea Dragon (water), White Dragon (ice), Black Dragon, Lich Dragon, Hydras deserved to be bigger and more powerful, etc.

I used Game Editors where I could edit races, Books, money, Spells, attributes (or magician Titles), terrain, etc. And the Game Wizard was great for fixing the high amount of mana and money. I took a few Tomes (or Books) to get better attributes, since I only had to edit the Spells later. I even managed to have the antagonistic Tomes like Death and Life. And I could summon Champions of Life and Champions of Death side by side!

One thing that has piqued my curiosity is that “neutral” cities can attack you or your opponents. Fantastic creatures too. I do not remember if I could unselect random events early in the game. But when you conquer all “neutral” cities, the “neutral Merlin” mage is “banned”. And to increase my reputation, I edited so that the “neutral” and enemy cities had the maximum size and then conquer them. I am a very evil wizard.

Are you a sadist? Do you know how to humiliate your opponent without him reacting? If you are much more powerful than your enemy, occupy all your troops around the enemy city so that all adjacent areas of the city are occupied by your troops. The enemy city can use only 1 area or quadrant of the city.

Another interesting thing was that the enemy ships (or galleons?) when they were withdraw from the battle on land... Is the boat using the oars as legs?

I realized that I had a certain tendency to torment my opponents. I used the Game Editor to edit the terrain of enemy capital making it into an active volcano...

EDIT:

It would be very nice and interesting if there were more Magic Nodes. I would suggest thus:

• The Earth Nodes - where the Earth Dragons have a Poison Breath attack, Earth Elementals, Earth Giants, etc.;

• The Water Nodes - where the Sea Dragons have a Water Breath attack, Phantom Beasts - aka Water Elementals?, Water Giants, etc.;

• The Fire Nodes - where the Fire Dragons have a Fire Breath attack, Arch Demons, Demons, Fire Elementals, Fire Giants, etc.;

• The Ice Nodes in the eternally icy mountains - where the Ice Dragons have a Ice/Snow Breath attack, Ice/Snow Elementals, Ice/Snow Giants, etc.;

• The Death Node (instead of Catacombs and Ruins) - where the Black Dragons have a Acid Breath attack, Lich Dragons absorbing the energy of the opponent’s life - sort of Black Hole, etc.;

• The floating Life Nodes - where there are Arch Angels, Angels, Seraphim, Cherubim, etc.;

• The floating Thunder Nodes - where the Thunder Dragons have a Lightning Breath attack, Lightning Elementals, Lightning Giants, etc.;

• The floating Air Nodes - where the Storm Dragons have a Air Breath attack, Air Elementals, Air Giants, etc.;

• Oh, and in the Catacombs, Ruins, Temples, etc. there could be the “normal” / neutral Fantastic Creatures.

And it would be spectacular to have a sea battle with the Sea Dragon.

Last edited by Mystvan; 15-07-2017 at 02:52 AM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 13-04-2018, 02:06 AM   #867
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

It was really a pity that the old MOM site has disappeared as there were descriptions about Heroes and Champions that even Wikia did not explain such as the personal relationships between them:

• Rivalry between female Healer and the Dark Mage;
• Roland the Paladin is her protector;
• The fallen Paladin is allied to the Dark Mage;
• The old sage “predicted” the birth of the powerful Wizard of Chaos (Shenlong!?);
• etc.

Fortunately, that site came back and even brought another mirror site.

Last edited by Mystvan; 13-04-2018 at 02:24 AM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 14-04-2018, 12:35 PM   #868
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

You do know about fan wikia site with practically all info you need?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 14-04-2018, 06:48 PM   #869
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
It was really a pity that the old MOM site has disappeared as there were descriptions about Heroes and Champions that even Wikia did not explain such as the personal relationships between them:

• Rivalry between female Healer and the Dark Mage;
• Roland the Paladin is her protector;
• The fallen Paladin is allied to the Dark Mage;
• The old sage “predicted” the birth of the powerful Wizard of Chaos (Shenlong!?);
• etc.

Fortunately, that site came back and even brought another mirror site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
You do know about fan wikia site with practically all info you need?
Greetings from Poke-man, Bonk! Bonk! Grand Micronaut marko River. ........

Yes, I agree with you. On the other hand, I point out again: the site shows information that not even Wikia shows. If you check out the “Hero Compendiumpart, you will notice that the site tells the background of each Hero / Champion. I do not know where he / she got this information, but whether it is official or non-canonical information, at least it adds more spice and fun to the game.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:45 AM   #870
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
... On the other hand, I point out again: the site shows information that not even Wikia shows. If you check out the “Hero Compendiumpart, you will notice that the site tells the background of each Hero / Champion. I do not know where he / she got this information, but whether it is official or non-canonical information, at least it adds more spice and fun to the game.
Oh, you're right about that. Well, don't know where they got that info from neither, but it does add spice indeed
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river