Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-03-2007, 11:34 AM   #21
lgonggr
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ May 29 2006, 12:18 PM) [snapback]232960[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
I've already done that, and it still doesn't work.[/b]
Did you try the keyboard shortcut for forced mouse lock-on?
It's listed in the readme, CTRL + F~something (I think F10, but better check first).
[/b]
Thanks a lot, I had the same problem and was getting pretty frustrated.

*Shouts to himself RTFM !!! *

This game is an old favourite of mine, along with its cousin Cyber Empires, which is
almost alike in appearance and has a completely different, but also excellent, feel to it,
but is unfortunately much too easy to beat.
To prevent getting upset over heroes dying on quests, I suggest hiring at least 30 and just
keep on sending them out until only five excellent ones are left. Only then start paying
attention to them. Ranged weapon heroes, like archers and especially magic-users are the
way to win unbeatable odds. A well-developed magic user hero can easily kill hundreds of
enemies. If you want to have fun however, develop regular axe and sword wielding heroes
and get in close and personal. Highly recommended !
lgonggr is offline                         Send a private message to lgonggr
Old 26-04-2007, 08:06 AM   #22

To use the mouse in windows mode, just hit CTRL+F10 when the game loads in DOSBox.

BTW, I've been having problems getting my heroes to level up past Lvl 13 by sending them out on quests as none seem to be able to survive. Any recommendations as to how I can get my heores past the threshold? Also, at what level should my heroes start attempting the "Dangerous" & "Forbidden" Quests?

Old 01-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #23

For getting your heroes higher level, they gain levels when taking over enemy lands. Also, once they're about level 12, they can even take neutral countries by themselves without dying.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:03 AM   #24
Brit44 Aldo

Just wanted to say thanks for all of your archival work.
I gave this game and computer to my sister's kids in 95 or 96 when I bought my first pentium ( cheep Christmas gift). This, Falcon 3.0 and Wolfstine3D were about all I played. I know I played more then one complete FE campaign against AI without leaving the house.

In the last few years I have quit the hardware arms race. I'm just now going back to the early 90s games and realizing how I enjoyed them. I'm also realizing how the good ones influenced my gaming habits since.

To me the 3 keys things of playing aginst the AI are : (no particular order)

#1 Keep building heros. More then once a game was saved by a new hero returning from a death defying quest with magic that saved the empire.

#2 Don't be afraid to build masses of foot soldgers if you feel threatened by another rlelm.

#3 Massed archers can be much more effective then magic.

Anyway, keep up the good work! and thanks again.
Al

PS, I have a few F3 and (maybe) AOE addons burried in some disks if you are interested

Old 02-06-2007, 02:05 AM   #25
Brit44 Aldo

And sorry, I sux at spelling

Old 03-06-2007, 02:38 AM   #26
Brit44 Aldo

The Protection list is missing a request for
Page: 31
Heading: Magical Items
Word: #6
Begins with: H

Just thought I would point that out.

I suspect this was done on purpus as it's possible to find the entry if one tries to look through the manual posted.

that or just restart and try for a new question.

Old 25-09-2007, 02:19 AM   #27
Brandon

I have been a fan of this game for as long as I can remember.

I have windows vista now days and i play this game from dosbox. Does anyone have a problem with the battles being too fast? I don't even have time to direct my character towards the enemy.

Old 25-09-2007, 05:09 AM   #28
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

You can slow it down with dosbox by pressing ctrl+F11.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 05-11-2007, 08:32 PM   #29

Hi Guys.
I have a problem.Any time I moving my forces on a new land,I'm loosing most of the soldiers,what the hell is going on?Old geezer speaks something about the Keeps,but it's impossible to built in the same turn.Any ideas what is going on??

Old 30-08-2008, 02:11 AM   #30
damunzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Hi Guys.
I have a problem.Any time I moving my forces on a new land,I'm loosing most of the soldiers,what the hell is going on?Old geezer speaks something about the Keeps,but it's impossible to built in the same turn.Any ideas what is going on??
You will always lose some troops when taking over a neutral country (even more than in battle when an enemy country, I believe). The thing is to send at least 90 troops in my estimation. I also seemed to lose less troops the more I sent but I am not 100% sure about that. Someone earlier posted at it is possible to send a 12th level hero to a neutral land and they won't die- I have never tried that though.
damunzy is offline                         Send a private message to damunzy