Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 15-04-2005, 05:13 AM   #11
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by joelster@Apr 15 2005, 04:10 AM
what about the scariest game of all time, Silent Hill 2(my opinion)
I've never had the fortune to play any of the Silent Hills, but I've heard incredibly great things about them.

Doom 3 was fairly freaky, at the beginning... then you realize the entire game consists of you wandering about slapping things with a flashlight for kicks and it loses some of its charm...

Eternal Darkness was pretty good, some of the insanity effects were kind of freaky...

In other news, I suspect this conversation will come to a fairly abrupt end after it's designated as "off topic".
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 15-04-2005, 05:18 AM   #12
joelster

I gotta get doom 3. I only played the first few levels of the pc version. Execpt I don't wanna spend my money on it(I don't spend money on games). I also wanna play the first SH game cuz I've never played it, and yet again, I'm not gonna spend my money on it. But you should play one of the games(maybe not SH4, that was the least scariest SH game and it kinda ruined the reputation of the whole series).

Old 15-04-2005, 05:20 AM   #13
xcom freak
Games Master

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by joelster@Apr 15 2005, 02:57 AM
man, no one is posting in my topic, what do I do now?
Dont take it personal, its really late European time so the majority of Abandonia's active members are
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 15-04-2005, 05:25 AM   #14
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

The first few levels are by far the strong points of Doom 3. Personally, I much prefer Doom and Doom 2, where the majority of the action can best be described as "Oh my god I just punched that demon the face before blasting with a shotgun and finishing it off with a freaking rocket launcher! This game rules!". What I'm attempting to convey is, man, what kind of guts do you need to, instead of cowering in a corner and waiting to die of starvation, instead take on the hordes of hell with your fists, a pistol, and a grimace? Doom 3 on the other hand has amazingly well done atmosphere, almost on par with Half Life, but the scare tactics over pure out adrenaline rushes gives an almost anti-climactic feeling by the end of it. I got a free copy of the game from someone I met in Ottawa. Hooray!

Yea, I need to try out Silent Hill sometime...
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 15-04-2005, 03:09 PM   #15
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

Apart from Clock Tower, there's really nothing on SNES that could be considered actually scary.

On NES, you might want to try Sweet Home. It's an RPG that was kind of the forerunner to Resident Evil (in fact, it's where the latter got its English name from- in Sweet Home, one character mentions "this house of residing evil")

If it's really scary games your after, go get System Shock 2 off HOTU.
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 15-04-2005, 04:06 PM   #16
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackMageJawa@Apr 15 2005, 02:09 PM
Apart from Clock Tower, there's really nothing on SNES that could be considered actually scary.

On NES, you might want to try Sweet Home. It's an RPG that was kind of the forerunner to Resident Evil (in fact, it's where the latter got its English name from- in Sweet Home, one character mentions "this house of residing evil")

If it's really scary games your after, go get System Shock 2 off HOTU.
Yea, I failed to properly describe it... or describe it at all.
Old 15-04-2005, 07:35 PM   #17
joelster

well, it looks like I already got all the scary classic games I want. I wish they made more like alone in the dark(I'm about to start a game on that). I don't like games nowadays, they seem too boring(except rpg's, well, at least the good ones like final fantasy).

Old 15-04-2005, 09:55 PM   #18
Allen
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by joelster@Apr 15 2005, 06:35 PM
I wish they made more like alone in the dark(I'm about to start a game on that).
What engine're you using? And is it the same kind of storyline? (Cthulhu, Lovecraft style, etc)

If so, can I help?
Allen is offline                         Send a private message to Allen
Old 16-04-2005, 04:11 AM   #19
joelster

hey, does any here know where I can get some DOS games like Final doom and the first doom(again, I'm not gonna spend money on games), I don't want those demos either, I want the full game. here's the list of the games I want:
Doom1
Final Doom
Wolfenstein 3D
That's pretty much it for now, I thought I had more in mind, but I think this is probably enough already.

Old 16-04-2005, 08:45 PM   #20
joelster

I wanna add Quake to my list there, so now the list is:
Doom
Final Doom
Wolfenstein 3D
Quake

Again, thanx for helping(if you are helping).

Closed Thread