Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 15-04-2005, 03:33 AM   #1
joelster

I know that topics like this is talked about all over the net. But I never got around to ask what was the scariest SNES games. The only scary SNES game I actually got to was Clocktower. I wanna know more scary SNES games becuase I never really heard of any scary SNES games.

Old 15-04-2005, 03:57 AM   #2
joelster

man, no one is posting in my topic, what do I do now? I just wanna know what the most scariest SNES games are for the SNES. I'm into horror games, I just want some games so I can play them.

Old 15-04-2005, 03:58 AM   #3
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

I can't really think of any... The Snes wasn't really known for such kinds of games. Platformers and mediocre platformers were its strong suit, really. Maybe "Out of this world". It had a few frantic moments.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 15-04-2005, 04:21 AM   #4
Calamity
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by joelster@Apr 14 2005, 09:57 PM
man, no one is posting in my topic, what do I do now? I just wanna know what the most scariest SNES games are for the SNES. I'm into horror games, I just want some games so I can play them.
You realize this is a ridiculously redundant statement, yes?

Aside from that Clock Tower is pretty much your only option.
Calamity is offline                         Send a private message to Calamity
Old 15-04-2005, 04:28 AM   #5
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

I suppose it's completely up to what kinds of situation constitutes as "frightening", as there are some games that can be interpreted as scary... ...unfortunatly, not many, and generally not intentionally. Chase scenes can be quite frantic, but not many Snes games featured them. If terrifyingly badly designed games count at "scary", then the Snes is saturated in fright.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 15-04-2005, 04:56 AM   #6
joelster

ok then, what about NES. I know I heard a few, but I wanna know all the ones I can get. Or maybe Genesis, but most of the games sucked on that system.

Old 15-04-2005, 04:58 AM   #7
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

One problem is that many of the old games suffer from the Alone in the Dark syndrome... scary back in their day, absolucredulous to the point of ridicule today.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...311/ai_n9505286

Most of the NES games focused on gore rather than actual scares (Monster House, Goul School, etc) but perhaps Friday the 13th might work, only because the antagonist appears at random and has the annoying tendency to slice out your cranium...

Sweet Home was good too.
Old 15-04-2005, 05:02 AM   #8
joelster

Horror Pinball?

Old 15-04-2005, 05:05 AM   #9
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by joelster@Apr 15 2005, 04:02 AM
Horror Pinball?
Surprisingly, some games in weird genres could be considered frightening.

...like Slice and Hook, the terribly designed haunted miniature golf game for the PC. Some pretty freaky parts though.
Old 15-04-2005, 05:10 AM   #10
joelster

what about the scariest game of all time, Silent Hill 2(my opinion)

Closed Thread