Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #21
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Cobra Mission

Replayed this nice somewhat adult game again. Well, it is mostly fighting city-infesting gangs, with occasional chance of nudity-screens.

It is very much like the japaneese hentai-games, except it is made in the USA, and the eroticism isn't necessarily part of the game, but a very-very clever addition instead. Especially considering the age of the game.

The only problem each time I replay it I find it more and more easy. I wish there'd be a difficulty setting.
It is very much like a H-Game, because it is one. It was not made in the US, it's a japanese game. Cobra Mission, Dragon Knight 3 (aka. Knights of Xentar) and a silly fighting game were the only games the company managed to localize before they went belly up.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #22
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post
It is very much like a H-Game, because it is one. It was not made in the US, it's a japanese game.
Rly not usA? My mistake.

And I said it was an adult game. What I praised is, you CAN AVOID most of the hentai if you want. From all the stuff you only have to meet 2 sceen (plus the ending), what is very generous.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #23
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Avoid hentai scenes? Nowai!
Old 19-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #24
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Meh, after reinstalling the whole system I sorted out what to play with and what not to. Here is what remained (anything else got removed):
- Baldies (I won't give up trying to pass the Pharao Mask level, even if my life depends on it!)
- Fallout 2
- sam&max hit the road (I just want to pass this once more, it was so long ago)
- discworld 1 (I found the - I think - old HotU version what works with ScummVM, has sounds and speech and everything. Current HotU no longer has this, so if Abandonia would like it...)
- g.o.l.e.m. (Ill pass this with all three races/difficulties no doubt)
- Diablo 2 (to have a stupid action game)
- Gorky 17 is still to be reinstalled (I don't now where I've put the disc, it is somewhere in my room though)
- hunted, the demon forge (not reinstalled yet, but I want it. Not sure how much will I play with this, but there it is)
- Siege of Avalon (still waiting to be reinstalled, would be good to know if I have Chapter 6 to work, or still not able)
- Baldur's Gate 2 (I still have to check if I could replace my old savegames, working on poverty run)
- TerraFire (ancient game which for today went shareware status. Managed to have the full version with sound! It is really a cool game)
-----
Heroes of Might and Magic IV is pending
-----
There are some not tell their titles of adult games (eg. DiviDead) to run at least once (i got those five games once, never got to play them though).
-----
Having trouble reinstalling Fallout Tactics. After the patch some "missing file" stupidity comes up, what is nonsense and not happened before. Any suggestion for that would be welcomed.
Old 21-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #25
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Aliens busted
A sadly very short flash game, where you have to push down the road enemy cars. It resembles a lot to a C64 game of mine where you got scored for distance reached, maximum speed and passangers hit (that was probably a negative score, but you know the average player. Also policemens did not worth any point as passanger...).

Visitor: Massacre at Camp Happy
This is a horror-genre flash game. The idea behind it is to play through a B-horror movie with the alien flesh-eating beast devouring everything in sight.
While the idea is nice, but the human victims (the goal of each level) are too random to believe the storyboard, what really hurts the experience, and after 2-3 levels makes the game feel repetitive.

The Visitor Return
This is the sequel to the previously mentioned game, and a much better development is you ask me!
Here you play with the same type of alien, but the whole thing is more compound. For a start there is no roaming around, you just have to solve the puzzles on the same screen, each act changing the environment. And during that you grow, and grow.
The puzzles are not easy but doable, and the sights are really gorey, what is definitely an advantage. If you have 5-10 minutes to spare, really worth to check this out!

Red Code Origins
This is a surprisingly well-made survival shooter, I think based on Starship Troopers. It autosaves at each stages, and it don't suffers from "you made it wrong, you die", and neither the even worse "no matter what you do you'll die" designs. Even the lame ending don't ruin your experience with this.
Countless enemies, mindless shooting, and some real time strategy. Thumbs up!

Last edited by twillight; 21-12-2012 at 09:27 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 25-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #26
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I found my CD-key for Zax the alien hunter!

Imediatelly installed it, and it is as much fun as ever, though you probably don't know this excelent game.
It is a Diablo-clone with sci-fi storyline, pretty much bug-free, totally action-based, and the quests and storyline actually makes sense (unlike Diablo)!
Not to mention the ship's AI is totally like Mother from the first Alien movie: sexy, but totally insentient.

As this game could actually be a hugh competitor to Diablo 1-2, it was sentenced to forgetness, but not for me! I also realised I can not get information about basically the only one item totally optional in the game (a weapon), so I almost imediatelly restarted, this tie on Hard difficulty! Not that I expect any extra, but I'm perfectly skilled to beat Normal without any problem, so go all the way!

Here I'll note all item per mission just to make a guide (the game really don't require a walkthrough).

M1:
- Laser Welder: the starting weapon. Not much to say. Use anything else if you can. On Hard difficulty it is suggested to use this to open vases.
- shield 01: your basic shield
- battery 01: you basic energy-supplier for your weapons which use energy
- medic kit: a consumable what can be created by your ship. Don't make any if you don't have to.
- your ship is also capable to recharge either your weapon or your shield. Don't use this function unless you absolutely have to.

M3:
- you'll find 2 korbo artefact to reactivate the ship's medical station, which function is absolutely free (so use it whenever you have the chance)
- Light Pistol: this oneshots the basic opponents finaly.

M4:
- Plasma Thrower: your first weapon where you have to pre-make the ammo (so no recharge on field). It is good when you have to aim on one thing in the middle of a large crowd. Too bad it can not be reacharged from energy-bulbs.

M5:
- Semi Auto Weapon: the second weapon what uses ammo. It is fast, and has larger impact on single target then the Plasma Thrower, but it can't hit a line of enemy unlike that. The ammo can be found on the field (from red flying robots), so it is suggested not producing any ammo for it unless you absolutely have to. Again good if you want to blow up a transporter's control panel.
- During M5 there is a very hard fight against Azah-Pan. If you play on easy/normal you basic weaponry should be enough to win, but on Hard I needed 2 canister for the Plasma Thrower to disable the last pod before the room's entrance, and 3 more canister plus 2 medic kit to beat Azah Pan and its crew (not to mention several tires).

M6:
- Alien Electric Weapon: an autoaiming weaponry with limited range. You won't miss this as this is a quest item (what will be destroyed when used for that purpose)

M7:
- shield 02: while the first version only provided 75 shield, this gives 200. Cool.
- twin disruptor: this deals at best only slightly more damage then the previous weapon, but at a much faster rate. I dvise you to skip it unless you play on hard, 'cause it is harder to control energy-efficiency.

M8:
- autogun medium: an unmoving support weapon what you can place anywhere, then later pick it up. It is slow, it is vulnerable, so I suggest avoiding it anytime, unless you have a very-very good reason to use it, and plenty of resource to make these.

M9:
-granade launcher: it uses granades as ammo, what can be taken from several enemies, starting with the yellow spiderlike robots. Very self-endangreing, so I suggest you to skip it unless you play on hard mode, where of course you'll need every single type of equipment sooner or later it seems.

M10:
- I found the official secret areas! Two areas connected each other, their names called official "Secret ..." (won't tell the exact names)
- impact cannon: the coolest weapon until now. It don't eats all your energies, it has sufficient firepower AND it launches energy on a rapid scale! Perfect design.

As now comes the "interesting" part, I'll start a new post for size-sake.

Last edited by twillight; 26-12-2012 at 12:03 AM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 26-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #27
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Let's start this today:

M10, the three elemental temple area:
- as soon as you arrive you get the chance to produce Battery 03. As always battery enhances the life of your weapons.
- part 1 of a new alien weapon (handle)

---------

Here comes the three temple which order is theoretically independent. I can not confirm that for now, especially after the Temple of Air, but read bellow:

Temple of Air:
- nuclear disruptor: it has high velocity, but on Hard it isn't THAT useful. While it can help you blast through bigger crowds it no longer (unlike on lower difficulties) oneshots the big meanies, what is a definite drawback with its much higher energy-consumption.
- 1 part of new alien weapon (gun tube)
- the trouble what I faced here is when you are out of the temple itself out in the jungle again you can find the Secret Cave of Despair. Here an extra part is unlocked if you have a Moon Key when you enter the cave. The problem is there is no extra Moon Key I could find, thus this means a potentially gamebreaking design.

--------

Temple of Fire:
- full auto gun: an even faster version then the semi auto weapon. Good against crowds, or fast shooting opponents.
- 1 part of the new alien weapon (that part what hits the bullet. firing pin?)
- just to mention in the last section of the temple (where you meet the korbo) there are two places which says you'd need come cross-shaped keys. You can find none though, and I don't see any function for those thingies even if you'd have the items to activate them. Also right at the entrance I see no reason for the restricted platform appart from plain nuisance.
- again for curiosity-sake: at the very enterance there is a computer-treminal what looks like a summoning pod control board on a pedestal. It has no function, and the red portal never gets activated. It can however be destroyed if you lay a Proximity Mine besides it.

--------

Temple of Water:
- 1 part from the alien weapon (the backpart. It is found technically at the Water Temple Areas, but before actually entering the structure)
- 1 part from the alien weapon (scope)
- companion drone (much more advanced then the auto turret. It hovers around you, has actually some armor, and fires bullets rapidly. Don't use them too much though as they cost resource to produce)

----------

M14: missile launcher. As soon as you're offered go backwards to find a teleporting crystal and get it, at least on hard. It is immensely powerful, and the projectile won't bounce around finaly. It uses ammo.

When fighting here Azah-Pan it should evidently be an option to run in, push the lever, then shoot the console to disable his teleport pad, but that is not so. Just dispose this metal demon, and the remaining army won't even hurt you further this time.

--------

M15, Jailbreak: many people had trouble here though what should be done should be evident: stay behind the robots. You can even rescue a korbo here if your are feast, and kill the executioner when it comes back (this does not activate the turrets nor the teleport pads).
Here the game starts to be really hard with all the big flying robots, the granade-throwers (they throw granades out of screen) and the missile robots...
Here is an area called "secret" too in the Snow Brothers area, behind the fence what gets deactivated temporarily for spider bots. And here comes a bug: this can fail. The spider bots don't get out 'cause the fence never gets lowered sometimes. If this happen you lost your chance getting into this area.
More serious problem is, when there are items under little dome-containers what can not be shooted open, instead they have certain conditions to open. If the condition is destroying robots instead turning a valve you might get not able to reach the items, what is gamebreaking. This is solved retrying the puzzle from a save (on hard diff save is a must anyway).

M16:
here thing start to bend to this rule: do not leave any area until you discovered EVERYTHING in it. Like in the map where you are not allowed to use guns (to avoid unnecessary confrontation) when going backward you should hide behind the wall you're told going backward too (not at all obvious)!
Also at a point using 1 mine is "suggested" (I don't think the puzzle can be solved otherwise, and it is efficient to blow up with it the console + the robot + the item-box)

M17:
- shield 03 (gives 350 shield point maximum), what is almost hard to keep filled)
- trispread gun (not look really awesome as it fires 3 bullets spreaded. But it has really high velocity and eats very low energy)

NOTE: from plasma thrower you can have 12 canisters maximum. Not that you'd want that, as at this point it is kinda weak.
From the autogun and the drone you can have 3 each. As you should start to have more ore then you can spend (well, at least if you find your amo on field) you should make these just in case.

M18:
- there is a semi-secret area (it is secret as it can be found by blowing up a container, but not called "secret", but Money and Mayhem), good to try out the trispread gun
- alien electrical weapon enchanced (this is a quest item. If you remember M/'s alien gun, it is that returned. Has low velocity, but autohits in multiply direction, so evidently the crowd-handling weapon from now)

NOTE:
- There was an imprisoned corbo whose fence's other side we had to reach (using valves to course overpressure in tubes or something). This can be reached in this part.

M19:
- Psychic Wave Glove: it is a BAD weapon. It shoots a large chunk of energy causing area damage what spreads for like 2 seconds. Amusing against hugh crowds, but eats way too much energy, and most of the time a suicidal weapon due to its "spreading" effect, what is even armorpiercing.

Last edited by twillight; 11-01-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #28
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Alon in the Dark 3

Well, this game is I feel terrible, but once it'd've been good to play through. But still I can't run, so there this game goes what could not decide if it want to have ghosts or mutants, be an AitD game or a Resident Evil game or a Prince of Persia game.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #29
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Sam&Max hit the road

This game is too surreal for me. Without a walkthrough thhere is no way I can accomplish it.
Well, after playing Alone in the Dark 1 I realised adventure games is a type of games where you aren't supposed to win without serious meta-knowledge. For example AitD starts with such timed puzzles (two) where you don't have enough time to solve the puzzles if you don't know them before they start to happen!
Not to mention after currently replaying Discworld 1 adventure games seem to have more problematic concepts to their puzzles then just surrealistic associations and timed puzzles (what are especially annoying in textbased games like Hitchikers' Guied to the Galaxy where at the start you have to get the Babel Fish - or you're screwed - from a limited number of tries choosing THE words the program expects - no synonimes accepted -in a very long line of stations for that quest), namely pixelhunting (when items you have to find are very tiny and blend in the background - there was even a game where one of the items was actually exactly 1 pixel large!) and absolute randomness (like after you feel you finished Act2 in Discworld, for some nonsense reason you have to do even more: some impossible to guess actions to actually finish that act).

So when it comes to "easy" adventures like Prisoner of Ice, I find THOSE actually more acceptable, 'cause although PoI also have some seemingly "random puzzle", but at least it does at places where you have only a few choices, and not that kind of insanely large inventory like in the Ultima series where in the first 2 minutes you find so many items like your weight three times in gold.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #30
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

If you're looking for more "easy" to play adventures check out Dracula: The Resurrection. Most adventures are somewhere in the middle. Out of the ones I played, Black Mirror II features some of the most down-to-earth puzzles. Even though I love the Broken Sword or Monkey Island series, they have some obvious headscratching puzzles. Hmm...