Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #11
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking HURRAY! I WON

Muchas gracias, amigo!!!

Yes, i did. Piece of cake!!! After 3-4 hits the black assassin who beat me 10 times was killed.

My control setting were wrong!! I dunno why.

Mouse, 0 - rest ???
Thats why when the brave try to fight, appeared this warning.
Well, I press Reset and all was OK.

I am so happy. Now all mudcrabs, some small lizard and so on will be dead.

1000 times Gracias, Senior Japo!
God bless YOU!!

even, even i will try again in that hostile cave..

now the brave is level 2...
Old 27-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #12
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Yoga is in Balmora already

Yes, i am in Balmora.

The good fact is that the hero may always visit again some place or town.
I reached the town step-by-step liberating some prisoners in a cave.
Sadly i have no car as in Fallout.
I am a good and fair Knight. In the second cave i found only eggs and some stuff.

Can i separate this stuff in different groups - for example - this is food, this is medicine, this is weapon and so on?
Too many stuff. My sack is full.

Still investigating. Have no any map(s).
Old 27-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
Japo
Autonomous human

In the inventory window you can click on the tabs at the top ("all", "weapon", "apparel", "magic", "misc") to filter the items you see.

You can see the map when you right-click, along with the inventory, magic, and stats. You can toggle between a local map and a map of the whole island by clicking on the button. It will show points of interests after you've explored them or told about them, but until that you can learn about new places by reading some books or papers (for example, the "Guide to Vvanderfell"). A great way to learn about new places is to accept quests (after joining the guilds for example), most will require you to travel. But the island is huge, you can finish the game without seeing lots of it.

The main purpose of the "food" is as alchemical ingredients. To perform alchemy you need at least a "mortar and pestle". When you hover the mouse over an ingredient it tells you what effect it has. You can perform alchemy by dragging the mortar and pestle over your character's image in the inventory window. Then you make potions by combining ingredients: a potion has any effects (positive or negative) that at least two of its ingredients have in common.

Eating ingredients alone without preparing them into potions has no effect. If you aren't going to do alchemy for now, it's best to just sell all that.
Old 28-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #14
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Muchas gracias querido amigo Japo.

Pls be advised i immediately use your directions.
YOU are the only person who advise and help me.

It is very interesting game. All is huge and gigantic! Wow!
Now i am level 3.
Armor class 34.
I have 32 k money. Yes, because i did the quest Lord's mail. Then i sold this mail to museum.
I increased Mysticism and 2 other options (sry cant remember now i am out of the game) training in Six Fishes.
The only opp i am unable to kill now is some famous skeleton with bow located in the sewers of Grand Bazaar if You remember this place.

and howto change the interface of my hero - from the normal (when before me in a cross) to sideways (when hero runs before me).

the brave aka humble yoga
Old 28-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #15
Japo
Autonomous human

Your Spanish is perfect. Regretfully I don't know any Bulgarian, so I can't respond in kind.

It's a very nice game. It was overdue, 6 years after Daggerfall. And as you can see, in that time, computer hardware, and graphic hardware acceleration in particular, made a huge leap.

I may give Morrowind another spin soon enough. There's still much juice I can take out of it before moving to Oblivion. Now that I know what I like and what I don't, I'll look for mods that look nice, and I'll play it again.

Armor rating 34 is nice. Safety first! If you train the armor skill that rating will be multiplied. It's "heavy" armor, right? Keep your eyes open and see if you can find or steal ebony or even daedric armor. That is if you can take that much weight; but if you follow the main quest (Caius) you'll eventually get an opportunity to raise your strength to a super human level. (At the end of the game I had an armor rating of 233. But the game was too easy by then.)

I don't know what Grand Bazaar you mean. I'm not sure either what you mean by sideways interface. To change to a "3rd person" point of view, and back to 1st person, press Tab. Again all keys are in Esc > options > controls... If you keep Tab pressed you'll be able to rotate the point of view around your character, to look at him from any side.
Old 29-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #16
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
Your Spanish is perfect. Regretfully I don't know any Bulgarian, so I can't respond in kind.

It's a very nice game. It was overdue, 6 years after Daggerfall. And as you can see, in that time, computer hardware, and graphic hardware acceleration in particular, made a huge leap.

I may give Morrowind another spin soon enough. There's still much juice I can take out of it before moving to Oblivion. Now that I know what I like and what I don't, I'll look for mods that look nice, and I'll play it again.

Armor rating 34 is nice. Safety first! If you train the armor skill that rating will be multiplied. It's "heavy" armor, right? Keep your eyes open and see if you can find or steal ebony or even daedric armor. That is if you can take that much weight; but if you follow the main quest (Caius) you'll eventually get an opportunity to raise your strength to a super human level. (At the end of the game I had an armor rating of 233. But the game was too easy by then.)

I don't know what Grand Bazaar you mean. I'm not sure either what you mean by sideways interface. To change to a "3rd person" point of view, and back to 1st person, press Tab. Again all keys are in Esc > options > controls... If you keep Tab pressed you'll be able to rotate the point of view around your character, to look at him from any side.
Unless of course he's playing a class where heavy armor is a minor skill. That would make things a bit more complicated. If it's a misc skill, then it'll be even worse. As for travelling, if athletics and acrobatics aren't major skills, you should run and jump everywhere, to train it up.
Old 29-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #17
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post
Unless of course he's playing a class where heavy armor is a minor skill. That would make things a bit more complicated. If it's a misc skill, then it'll be even worse. As for travelling, if athletics and acrobatics aren't major skills, you should run and jump everywhere, to train it up.
@hunvagy

Yes, option Heavy armor = 12 is in my Misc skill.
Sadly, one has not have all 4 aces in hand.
But You are right- nice heavy armor is needed ASAP.

@Japo

Grand Bazaar.
I am in side mission now.
Yes, following the task after Dark Brotherhood attempt to kill me i entered their head-quartet and killed the boss finding a contract giving the license for yoga execution in name of some "H". To find the Dark Brotherhood i have to visit Grand bazaar and use the relevant sewers.
The Grand Bazaar is in Mournhold.
Mournhold and Vvardenfell are probably provinces of Ebonheart.

level 4
Armor class 40
Money 39 k

I visited all possible trainers to train and improve my characteristic. I improved The Enchant 9, Destruction 19, Mysticism 25.
Now i will concentrate onto Potion prepare with Mortar.
Some citizen directed me to Velas manor in Godsreach, near Grand Bazaar.
I visited this manor but Save before entering. Clever act!! Inside manor was the brother of the killed Dark Brotherhood boss, who waited me with gang to avenge his bro dead.

Then i visited Craftsmen hall in attempt to buy nice armor. The smith informed me that i have to find and bring special adamantiuom ore for the armor and...and the price for all armor is more bigger that my 39 k? I do not like such an offer.

Moreover i tried some preliminary scenario and was involved in a task to eliminate 2 leader of goblin army. But the preliminary test showed that i am still weak to kill alone these goblins who attacked in group. Yes, i may hire a good fighter but ....

Hmmm... maybe i have to back to the main mission..This game is so huge that maybe one need a year to visit and accomplish all missions. It is like a chain. The protagonist finished the mission and new appeared and again and again till in Daggerfall one knows that after this mission is that one. No more. Yes, some small additional quests were available too but not in this Morrowind huge scale.

One more word. The game is so nice!!! I have no word to express my admiration..Every picture detail is made with love. Real masterpiece!!!
Bravo Bethesda, bravo..
Old 29-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #18
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Well if it's a misc skill, then training your heavy armor will not make you level up. That can be good or bad, depending on how fast you like your leveling. But it also won't add options to the attribute increases on level up. If I recall correctly for Morrowind, raising major skill contribute to level up, and raising minor skills contributes to the points you can add to the governing attribute on level up. If you're a mage, or the like, you shouldn't be using heavy armor anyway. Just because it's heavy, it's not better. The Tribunal armor (medium) has better end game statistics then daedric armor.
Old 29-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #19
Japo
Autonomous human

Yoga, the Grand Bazaar is in a region belonging to one of the expansions, which I didn't have. But I'll probably have it when I re-play this. I'm not sure how expansions will work... Will they add parallel "main" quests?

Whatever type of armor you choose, I'd advise you to pay for training for its skill (heavy, medium or light), now that you have money. It will multiply your armor rating for the same equipment. And other skills can be raised for free by practice on your own much faster, but armor skills will get stuck until you pay for training.

That's why I don't think armor skills are a good choice to include in your class, they will keep your level down in the early and most challenging part of the game. If you want to level up you should include in your class skills that will get practiced quick.

About alchemy, with the amount of ingredients you can find, you can practice all you want. The potions you don't want for yourself can be sold for a huge profit. Of course at the start you won't succeed most times, but even if you fail it's practice, at no expense. Or you can pay for a little training, since it's cheap when your skill is low.

The big trick about alchemy is casting anything that you have to fortify intelligence. Then making potions of fortify intelligence. Then drinking them. And only then making the rest of your potions, that will result much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Hmmm... maybe i have to back to the main mission..This game is so huge that maybe one need a year to visit and accomplish all missions. It is like a chain. The protagonist finished the mission and new appeared and again and again till in Daggerfall one knows that after this mission is that one. No more. Yes, some small additional quests were available too but not in this Morrowind huge scale.

One more word. The game is so nice!!! I have no word to express my admiration..Every picture detail is made with love. Real masterpiece!!!
Bravo Bethesda, bravo..
The game and the amount of quests, counting the main quest, factions, etc. are absolutely huge. I don't know how long you'd have to play to exhaust them all, I don't even think you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post
If you're a mage, or the like, you shouldn't be using heavy armor anyway. Just because it's heavy, it's not better. The Tribunal armor (medium) has better end game statistics then daedric armor.
Why? Just because of the D&D cliché?

It seems medium armor choice got very promoted in the expansions, in the vanilla game it sucks big time, the best had lower protection (145) than the best light armor (168) and of course heavy (266).

EDIT: By the way Yoga, I told you how to take screenshots, but I forgot that for this to work you need to edit the "morrowind.ini" file in your installation folder and change "Screen Shot Enable=0" to =1.

Last edited by Japo; 29-05-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Old 30-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #20
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Nope, because it's a misc skill. It's more fun to only train minors and misc with trainers, unless you gotten to the point where you need days to raise skill levels. Major skills go up as you use them, and in my opinion it provides a much smoother level up curve. Unless yoga is using redone leveled lists via mods, one won't meet really unkillable enemies.

As for length.. last time I stopped I was done with Tribunal and Bloodmoon, which are paralell, as you put it Japo, so they don't care about the main questline, and don't even remember my level, but ha a solid 150 hours in the game I had aroun 300k gold though, so I just cruised aroun with my tribunal armor and the swords of Almalexia xD