Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #21
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
Once again Yoga just play the game the way you want, and don't worry about what is the best way to play the game.
I second that. The best fun in the game is to figure out the game for oneself, not sticking to some pre-defined methods. Everyone has his own ways to play the game, and even if that's melee only.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 04-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #22
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
The game plays perfectly with the original resolution, no need to install a patch to change it.
The difference is purely aesthetic. I do think the patch is an improvement, though.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #23
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

My beloved Abandonians, a topic has been opened just for you. Now you can go ahead talking about Fallout and the best way to play it here:
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=26394

This topic will be for Yoga and his questions, just wait him to post them before starting another spam fest.
Thank you guys.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #24
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking START!!! Fallout 2

Hi, all,

All good things has end.
And yoga vacation also.

OK. Let start Fallout 2.

I am in the beginning with text and face of human named: Narg

CHARACTER SECTION

CREATE CHARACTER

well, advices and directions are very welcome.

Y'know that wrong character forced me to restart the games
Ravenloft Strahd, Daggerfall and UW2.

The interface is similar of Doom 3.
Music is very amazing and a little psychedelic.

yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 07-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #25
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Any character who starts with 4-10 int (in order to be able to speak common) and at least 8 action points for combat (6-10 agility, don't take the bruiser perk) should be able to beat the game without too much trouble because of his/her stats, so you're free to create whatever character you want.
There are many guides about creating and developing the optimal powergaming character, but I recommend ignoring them and playing your own game.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 07-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #26
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Beware ..? Who is my enemy(ies) BTW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
Any character who starts with 4-10 int (in order to be able to speak common) and at least 8 action points for combat (6-10 agility, don't take the bruiser perk) should be able to beat the game without too much trouble because of his/her stats, so you're free to create whatever character you want.
There are many guides about creating and developing the optimal powergaming character, but I recommend ignoring them and playing your own game.
Dave, grazie,
Kmonster, Danke..

The great gamer ever seen and brave warrior yoga the lord is prepared and after a kiss of his girlfriend goes to battle field..

The final battle to save the World begins..

Now the future of human kind is in the hands and/or brain of our hero - the yoga..

Good luck, dear poor little yoga!

May I name my character Paco the Great?

Ty
Old 07-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #27
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hi yoga,

if you want a good firsttime independent character, then Have 6 strenght, 7+ perception, 4-6 endurance, 6+ charisma (6 charisma will allow you 3 partymember what is not bad, nor overdoing for a first run), 6+ (8+ if you choose gifted) intelligence, 8+ agility (don't start it without at least 6), the rest in luck (minimum 4).

Traits if you want Gifted is most likely the best bet, the rest is based on personal preference and character builds (but do not take sex apeal or night-person trait, and the drug-based traits are also a little left-behind).

Tagging unarmed / small guns / outdoorsman can make the start much more easy (later stages is another thing, but the worst that can happen that you won't do some quests or with much worse result then optimal).

As for Narg: you do best killing all bugs in the tutorial-area for a neat levelup. If you have the patience, disarm all trap instead of triggering them (in that case you get a crudely shaped spear each time, what are worthless if you ask me) for better exp (needs save & reload most of the times to reach success, and try to disarm the ones first which have a chance a creature can step on). Also gather items. Before you talk with Narg put everything you have down or you'll loose the items.
To get past Narg you have 3 choices:
- tag steal at the charactercreation and steal the key from him (just to be on the safe side save before trying, although I think there is no chance to fail)
- tag speech at the charactercreation and convince him to let you pass
- in all other cases (this should be you too) you have to beat him until he gives up and walks away.

EDIT: naming the character only matters if you want to go with a female (a specific name can give you a nifty surprise at one point).
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 07-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #28
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking My hero name is Paco

If you have the patience, disarm all trap instead of triggering them (in that case you get a crudely shaped spear each time, what are worthless if you ask me) for better exp (needs save & reload most of the times to reach success, and try to disarm the ones first which have a chance a creature can step on).

Well, I am about 20 minutes in the castle.
I killed some (3-4) Great Ants and 2-3 Scorpions - one poisoned me but I healed myself.
I will report my characteristics.
Have problem with 1 door, which is located North.
Maybe I must use that Scorpion tail to unlock the door?

All in my head is fog.

Still learning new interface..
But where is my AK 47 (Scatty, do You know this weapon?), my machine gun or grenade dis charger?
Now is not 200 years before Christ to use spears but laser guns??
Can I crouch, climb,jump,fly?
Yes, my Q are idiotically but this is my first steps.

The game looks great!

Hello, Master Scatty..
How YOU doing?
Playing chess? Do not believe??
Bridge is better than chess..

yoga
now named Paco in F2..

Good night from sunny and lovely BG, the blessed country of yoga
Old 07-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #29
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Hello, Master Scatty..
How YOU doing?
Playing chess? Do not believe??
Bridge is better than chess..
Nah not chess, been fiddling around with Heroes of Might & Magic III lately.
No AK 47 in Fallout 2 but there are quite a few other small guns. It will take a while before Laser and big guns will become available, but they will come, no worry.

Btw., why didn't you start with Fallout 1 but jumpred right to Fallout 2? You missed a lot of great story there. Eventhough you can play Fallout 2 without knowing the predecessor, in Fallout 1 you're actually introduced to the Fallout world in a much better way than if you begin straight with second game.
But anyway, don't forget to save the game often and especially before you enter any combat as once you're in a fight and save a game during it, you might very well die and there's no way back if you don't have a game before that except if you run away from it.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 07-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #30
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

There IS an AK47 - called Assault Rifle. You'll find it some cities later.

One of the things in Fallout 2 is, that you start in an isolated village-community with nothing but amazonian indian-like equipment, soon you reach late 20th century technical level, and at the end you end up high-tech.

About that door: try using lockpick skill! No equipment is needed for using any of the skills, only if you have them your chances skyrocket (especially if you have Mark II version).
A later door requires explosives.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight