Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Invalid Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-04-2005, 06:44 PM   #21
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by wendymaree@Apr 16 2005, 01:42 PM
I'm surprised you'd think that. I thought it was the best of the lot. What about the awesome graphics and great story? :whistle:
The story was good, but the graphics were too cartoony for an adventure game not to mention that the locations were too "clean" and reset every time you left and came back. KQ5&6 are better in nearly every way if you ask me.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 18-04-2005, 01:39 AM   #22
teamcrunk

Send a message via AIM to teamcrunk Send a message via MSN to teamcrunk Send a message via Yahoo to teamcrunk

:Brain: If u want kings quest i can try and add it on a ftp for your to download it i have the real cd. k:
teamcrunk is offline                         Send a private message to teamcrunk
Old 18-04-2005, 03:49 AM   #23
GraveDigger
Game Wizzard

Send a message via ICQ to GraveDigger

Quote:
Originally posted by wendymaree@Apr 16 2005, 05:42 PM
I'm surprised you'd think that. I thought it was the best of the lot. What about the awesome graphics and great story? :whistle:
Its the theme, the quality of puzzle, and most of all there was no king in the game - Sierra should have released it as Queen's Quest 1. Oh oh, you liked it because it had a female protagonist.
GraveDigger is offline                         Send a private message to GraveDigger
Old 10-01-2008, 06:36 PM   #24
meo1960

Default King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride [SOLD]

This has been torturing me for the last couple of days. My memory isn't all that good to begin with. I only remember a few things about this game and I'll explain all that I can remember and perhaps, someone will recognize the game from this description.

Around 1986(-3 + 5yrs). Cartoon like animation. PC(DOS or Early Windows). I think it was a 1st person perspective. The mood was cutesy-scary. Not really scary, but cartoon-like scary. More amusing than anything.

Notable Scenes.
1. Standing in front of a house. House has a mailbox & white picket fence. Sometimes the guy would be home, other times not. When I did get to go inside the house, I entered what appears to be an office. Maybe a guy in a chair to talk to and he gives some info.

2. There was a tree that had a branch that would sometimes be bent down. This was an indicator of something else happening. I think there was this bad guy who would assault you by a gravesite or from behind a tree and if the tree branch was bent down, that was an indication that he wasn't there. This is the most distinctive thing I remember best about the game(that stupid tree branch).

3. There was this treehouse/treefort with 2 brats up there who would abuse you/perhaps throw things at you. Anyway, at certain times, they would be gone and you could go up into the house via a rope that would be let down from the middle of the floor.

4. Just passed a crypt, on a path, going up to a small hill, a horseman would appear, from over the top of the hill, flying right towards me. I think that was also the key to the game. If you could somehow hitch a ride with that guy(maybe a prince???) on the horse, you won the game.

5. There was a cemetery with 9 graves(i think). 1 was freshly dug and I think you could fall down into it.

6. A guy on a bulldozer.

7. I think I recall being trapped in a grave or something. Standing upright. There was a sequence of things to do to release yourself.

Well, any other memories might just be mixing up scenes from other games. I know it's a long shot, but I hope there is someone out there who can remember what I'm trying, very vaguely & poorly, to describe.
meo1960 is offline                         Send a private message to meo1960
Old 10-01-2008, 10:03 PM   #25
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

CGA, EGA or VGA graphics?

Also, did it have sound? If so, was it via PC Speaker (aka "the buzzer" or an actual soundcard)?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 11-01-2008, 03:05 AM   #26
meo1960

Well, I'm currently playing Kyrandia, Book 1(Fables & Fiends) and I believe it would have been similar to it as far as the graphics & sound go.
meo1960 is offline                         Send a private message to meo1960
Old 11-01-2008, 05:31 AM   #27
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

A lot of those details make me think of King's Quest 7: A Princeless Bride.
If you look at screenshot 5 here - http://www.sierraplanet.com/kingsquest7/goodies.html - is that the treehouse with 2 brats?

EDIT - Some more shots http://www.mobygames.com/game/robert...de/screenshots

Last edited by Frodo; 11-01-2008 at 05:35 AM.
Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 11-01-2008, 06:15 AM   #28
Doink
Game freak

some of those seem to be kings quest 4 and some 3 but its obviously a more modern world

Quote:
6. A guy on a bulldozer.
are you sure its
Quote:
Around 1986(-3 + 5yrs).
not 1996
Old 11-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #29
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

1986 is too early for Kyrandia-style (VGA) graphics. '86 would be CGA, at most EGA (but very unlikely).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #30
olemars
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo1960 View Post
I think it was a 1st person perspective.
Quote:
Well, I'm currently playing Kyrandia, Book 1(Fables & Fiends) and I believe it would have been similar to it as far as the graphics & sound go.
It was 1st person perspective but with the graphics quality of Kyrandia? Sure it wasn't a 3rd person game?

Do you remember anything about the interface? Point & click, clickable icons, text input etc? Was there a lot of text? Any animations, or static scenes only?

The only game the description reminds me of is Eric the Unready and similar, but those are text adventures where the interface is heavily dominated by text panels.
olemars is offline                         Send a private message to olemars