Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #21
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tervez @ Nov 2 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]264984[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Morrowind is better in comparison. First of all, there isn't that stupid dificulty setting. You could beat Oblivion with a level 1 character without leveling up ever. It's kind of hard to imagine the Cyrodiil overrun by scamps.

Second, the spells. There were Levitation, Jump and many other useful spells. You could literally fly in the air and make those pesky bandits taste your fireball!

( On Cliff racers; when one of the NPC's in Oblivion sometimes starts to sing about them, I always kill them on the spot. Painfully.)
[/b]
In Morrowind, you can set the difficulty in Options. I guess it works in the same way as in DF that is, the easier you play, the longer it takes to level up. I never fiddled about with that setting.

Spells: What do you mean? :blink: Are there no such spells in Oblivion??!! That does it! I'm not gonna waste my time on that game then. Air superiority way ahead of it's time is just incredibly fun.

Cliff Racers: Kill one for me, will you? Please?

Side note: TheChosen:
Quote:
I always liked sneaking thief characters. Im currently playing Morrowind with a bard.[/b]
. I misread that, and thought "WTF!? Is he playing it with a band??!!" LOL
Old 02-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #22
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

too bad there aren't any children and more life in those NPC's.

one thing i dont' understand in Morrowind is the main boss. i dont' understand why his stats are so low. it's odd cause when looking at stats i saw that certain minions have higher stats for health.

if you ask me he should summon let's say 5 creatures and then throw at you some blight diseases (then again there is that corpus diesease cure which makes you imune to all diseases). anyway that way he would be stronger and you cripled.
if i only remember certain points in Arxs fatalis where "mini bosses" always spawned a few minions to help them while pounding you form "distance". also i think he should have at least the same number of health points as Vivec if not a bit more. i means a question is clearly raised why Vivec couldnt' handle him. afterall he had the wraithguard and seem to be much stronger then dagoth.

btw recently i saw a speedrun of morrowind - "main quest" (the killing of Dagoth Ur in i think about 8 minutes of which almost two minutes are spent on character creation. kind of funny.

currently playing a female character fighter with a touch of mage. marksman in profession. thinking about getting certain mods for clothes. they really should loosen up a bit, these girls.....
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 02-11-2006, 09:45 PM   #23
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I think too powerful characters come with the territory, so to speak, when the game allows you to be practically anyone. I don't see it as a fault in the game, but as a fault in the player who want to face the tough world, only to build the character to the point where the player becomes bored with it. Part of the fun in rpgs is, imo, to create a character that offers you what you want of the game at that given moment. You want harder opponents: Restrain yourself from creating that walking Death Star.

See, Muad Dib above has a very good point: He doesn't use alchemy, because that will sort of ruin the game for him. A wise fellow he is.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:54 PM   #24
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Using alchemy in degrees will work with the system. You don't need to refrain from using it, you just need to refrain from using it as an exploit
The same goes for training, jumping, running, magic leveling, etc.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:57 PM   #25
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I guess my point was that anything goes within the system, it's just up to you as a player how far you will go, so in that respect, we agree.

Well, whether or not you should use alchemy/whatever at all, really depends on one more factor: How far you go in the other departements.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:48 AM   #26
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doubler @ Nov 2 2006, 10:54 PM) [snapback]265065[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Using alchemy in degrees will work with the system. You don't need to refrain from using it, you just need to refrain from using it as an exploit
The same goes for training, jumping, running, magic leveling, etc.
[/b]
i use it only occasioanlly. for a few potions then i move along and travel arround the world.

i just gathered all propylong indexes and i am thinking about doing temple quests now. i mean a redoran chief has some good disposition with templars hasnt' he (or she).
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 03-11-2006, 09:14 AM   #27
Gottfried
Forum hobbit

yeah, thx. I seek in RPGs atmosphere and challenge mostly. After i get bit into game my favourite job is to find out as much of easter eggs without help too.. In Morrowind for example, dont remeber which city, I was walking around with my still quite weak character, when I noticed one woman standing around with green toes smiling on me from long skirt. So I checked out air, stood behind her, made some nice assasination and.. tadaa - almost full set of glass armor as result :brain:
Gottfried is offline                         Send a private message to Gottfried
Old 03-11-2006, 09:41 AM   #28
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

So now I did it: I started a new character, a thief this time, but with the intention of becoming an assassin later on (I like playing "multi class" characters). Of course, I chose stealth and security as two primary skills, but here's a question: My stealth skill is 40, how do I raise this without paying for trainers? I never cared much for stealth before, see, and I'm wondering if there's an efficient way of training myself. Hitting the stealth button do no good, even if I get the stealth symbol.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:51 AM   #29
Gottfried
Forum hobbit

dont know it for sure, but I think it's like in Jagged Alliance 2 - u get raise of stealth when u r sneaking around in LOS of enemy character. Also do Security/pickpocket stuff with stealth mode on.
Gottfried is offline                         Send a private message to Gottfried
Old 03-11-2006, 11:05 AM   #30
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Thanks, it works. I guess you have to reach a certain level of stealth, before you can progress in it by yourself... Strange, that would make it probably the only skill you have to pay trainers just so you could later train yourself. My other characters always started with a 5 in stealth, and I never saw it go up, it alway stayed on 0.