Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-09-2006, 08:46 AM   #1
dave

help! when i play this game i cant get any sound? spekaers are on and working! please help

Old 16-09-2006, 09:45 AM   #2
Morrin
Underground

QUOTE(dave @ Sep 16 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]255311[/snapback]
Quote:
help! when i play this game i cant get any sound? spekaers are on and working! please help
[/b]
Are you using the real dos or dosbox? I know this sounds stupid, but have you executed setup?
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin
Old 17-09-2006, 02:40 PM   #3

QUOTE(Gekko @ Sep 16 2006, 09:45 AM) [snapback]255326[/snapback]
Quote:
QUOTE(dave @ Sep 16 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]255311[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
Are you using the real dos or dosbox? I know this sounds stupid, but have you executed setup?
[/b][/quote]
i have tried both.

Old 18-09-2006, 05:20 AM   #4
Morrin
Underground

Im not quite sure if I had problems with discworld sounds, cannot remember. Have you experimented with the setup.exe and sound settings?
Old 18-09-2006, 09:43 AM   #5
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

Try using VDMsound, that might help. By the way, there is no sound until you actually get Rincewind out of bed, just in case you assumed there was sound in the start during the little intro movie thingies. Hope this helps
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 18-09-2006, 01:16 PM   #6
Morrin
Underground

I think in cd version (or something) there was also speech in the game. I'll check it out today and see if it works with me.

EDIT: Damn. I have the same problem. No sound effects. Could this be the worst case, that this is ripped version? I tried tons of different settings but no result. This shouldn't be this difficult.

EDIT2: Yes, so it seems. Im downloading a larger 100 meg version currently and see if the sound works then.

EDIT3: Yes, the abandonia version is unfortunately ripped version. The dialogue/voiceacting is fantastic by the way! I didn't remember it was this good. Im definetly playing this game again.
Old 19-09-2006, 08:18 PM   #7

QUOTE(Morrin @ Sep 18 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]255788[/snapback]
Quote:
I think in cd version (or something) there was also speech in the game. I'll check it out today and see if it works with me.

EDIT: Damn. I have the same problem. No sound effects. Could this be the worst case, that this is ripped version? I tried tons of different settings but no result. This shouldn't be this difficult.

EDIT2: Yes, so it seems. Im downloading a larger 100 meg version currently and see if the sound works then.

EDIT3: Yes, the abandonia version is unfortunately ripped version. The dialogue/voiceacting is fantastic by the way! I didn't remember it was this good. Im definetly playing this game again.
[/b]
in reply to number three, where did you download it from??

Old 20-09-2006, 05:12 AM   #8
Morrin
Underground

Hmm.. Im nOt quite sure if iT's allowed to say it here? yoU should register, so I could PM you.
Old 20-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #9
JJXB
Pi-voh

QUOTE(#BlakhOle# @ Sep 18 2006, 09:43 AM) [snapback]255748[/snapback]
Quote:
Try using VDMsound, that might help. By the way, there is no sound until you actually get Rincewind out of bed, just in case you assumed there was sound in the start during the little intro movie thingies. Hope this helps
[/b]
yes there is sounds on the logos before the games start (gets very annoying when you just want to leap in and play)

and VDMSound works fine for me with it. discworld 2 is the most problematic discworld game to run on XP
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 20-09-2006, 07:02 PM   #10

QUOTE(JJXB @ Sep 20 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]256257[/snapback]
Quote:
QUOTE(#BlakhOle# @ Sep 18 2006, 09:43 AM) [snapback]255748[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
yes there is sounds on the logos before the games start (gets very annoying when you just want to leap in and play)

and VDMSound works fine for me with it. discworld 2 is the most problematic discworld game to run on XP
[/b][/quote]
Morrin i am going to register now!!

i have downloaded vdm sound how do i get it to work eg load that and the game?