Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-05-2012, 03:36 AM   #11
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Phew, MobyGames has finally approved my entry on Realmz:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/realmz

ancestral, feel free to expand it with more details.
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 05-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #12
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Nice, thanks for adding that to the Moby's database!
Old 04-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #13
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Hmm, I remember the new site mentioned the registration code files that are required to unlock the full version, but now they seem to have disappeared.

The download links to the shareware versions on the other hand, which were broken, are now working.

I take it the game is again sold as shareware?
Old 06-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #14
Red Fortress
Abandonia nerd

Unhappy

I don't know.

If they are for sale again, the Dev could at least have posted a site update to clear up the situation...

I've still know a few places where the old codes show up, but I won't post the links unless this gets cleared up.

Just to be on the safe side...
Red Fortress is offline                         Send a private message to Red Fortress
Old 31-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #15
thenotoriousteo

Default Realmz Fan!

OMG Realmz...

I must have wasted so many hours playing this game in 1995 on a Mac then again in 2003 on a PC in college (when I could pay the reg fee).

What a GREAT RPG. Very easy to learn, provided long hours of entertainment. Use the character editor to make supermen so you can blast through the game, or play City of Bywater and grind your stats in the arena. Spider tower, red dragons, City of Waterford wow lots of memories. I will say this - Trouble in the Swordlands is the BEST scenario - very long, lots of NPCs, very creative plot, unique beasts and weapons... I never registered WitSL - the PC version had a bug in the demo so I didn't want to register something I couldn't play.

I'm so thrilled to find other "old school" fans out there.
thenotoriousteo is offline                         Send a private message to thenotoriousteo
Old 31-12-2014, 08:28 PM   #16
thenotoriousteo

Default Realmz

FYI - it looks like Realmz and Win 8 x64 don't get along. I'm setting it up on a Win XP x32 VM (I know it ran on XP). VMWare is my package of choice. I'll post any difficulties I encounter on this thread.
thenotoriousteo is offline                         Send a private message to thenotoriousteo
Old 03-01-2015, 09:22 PM   #17
thenotoriousteo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotoriousteo View Post
FYI - it looks like Realmz and Win 8 x64 don't get along. I'm setting it up on a Win XP x32 VM (I know it ran on XP). VMWare is my package of choice. I'll post any difficulties I encounter on this thread.
OK if you are installing on XP SP3, you're gonna have to run the installer a bunch of times. Ignore the errors that cause it to abort. Just keep running it. It took me 14 times, but I now have Realmz that runs.

Also, I found my old disk and have the character editor!