Old 03-02-2015, 07:05 AM   #171
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
I see what you did there

Live forever Hungary and its clever citizens!

Thank You again,
dear twillight, for Yr moral support
during my battle in dungeons of Abyss!

thankful yoga

PC: Now i will try my courage with Fallout 3.
Is around some thread of fallout series, kérem?
Old 27-01-2017, 08:06 PM   #172
andwan0

Hi guys

I am trying to find a lost walkthrough Ultima Underworld. It was a nice UW walkthrough, very detailed, step-by-step. I only copied level 1 & the map into MS Word a long time ago. Now I can't find it on google anymore. I searched and searched and can't find it.

Here is the part I have. If anyone knows about this walkthrough, please share!

[spoiler]
Quote:
FIRST FLOOR

(I will basically follow the player's guide's starting walkthrough for convenience.)
1. Entrance. Grab the bag for your map and some starting equipment.
2. Make sure to grab the bowl and the torch. The axe is optional, depends on your weapon preferences.
3. Grab ORT and JUX. You can't do anything with them yet, but that's ok.
4. Grab the backpack. Put all the runestones into the rune bag and put it somewhere convenient to access. Read the note and then drop it.
Here you get the RED KEY, which opens doors marked with A on my map.
You now have runes BIJLOS.
5. Pull the chain to get in. Grab the bag and unlock both doors.
6. Do the thing with the silver seed. Go to the east end of the room and search for secret doors. Head on through.
7. Easiest way to make these jumps is to get to the edge and use Shift-J, which is a standing forward jump, a fact the player card neglects to mention when it describes jumping.
Hit the button, go through the door. Read the walls to learn your first three mantras. Then I recommend saving and using SUMM RA until it gives you useful stuff.
Then jump to the remaining platform. Grab the GREY KEY [b] and unlock the door- now you can use this path to get back up if you fall into the water. (If you fall in the water first, you can break the lock with a single weapon blow.)
8. Look at the Orb. Remember what it shows you: the green path. Also, there is a rotworm to kill on the way in- grab its corpse and hold onto it for the rotworm stew later.
9. Bedroll. You'll want this.
Just outside this room is Bragit, an Outcast. He'll tell you some about this floor of the Abyss, and also offhandedly mention something that comes in useful in general- you can use a pole to push buttons beyond your reach. Note that you cannot do this with a fishing pole!
10. Switch that opens the door at the north end of the room.
11. Two poles and a box. You can grab the box for inventory space but ditch the sling and stones. One of the poles you'll turn into a fishing pole and solve all your food problems forever, the other you can keep to actually use as a pole.
12. Two Outcasts. They teach you some about the Abyss.
13. Gulik and Hagbard. Both are Outcasts; Hagbard is their leader.
14. Box with two runestones (M and Y). There's a Lurker in the water here, and they're pretty tough at low level, so you might want to grab the box and run.
You now have runes BIJLMOSY.
15. In here is another copy of key [b], and some stairs down.
16. A spellcasting monster lives in here but he isn't too tough. In here is a scroll that tells you how to cast a Jump spell (Uus Por).
17. In here is Drog, a green goblin guard. He's not very nice but he'll open the portcullis if you ask.
18. Talk to Lanugo, the guard first. You can bribe him with a single gold piece. He'll tell you to be very flattering to the king. Be polite and he will give you the recipe for Rotworm stew, which you will want later on. Keep the paper the recipe is on- unless most things in this game where the paper just teaches you how to do it, here you actually need to Use the recipe to make the stew.
19. These four dials control the heights of the four platforms in the room to the west. To get to the small chamber above the room, you want to make a zig-zag staircase of sorts. To do this you want to basically reverse the heights of the 4 moveable platforms. (The solution by dial is, from left to right and with 0 as straight up: 0 1 3 4.) The room's contents- a gravestone and a box with most of a suit of leather (which you should have by now), a worn axe (no better than what you probably have by now unless it's magic and I didn't realize), a "resilient sphere" which I don't yet know what they do, and a scepter of mana boost. (NOTE: Having finished the game, I found two resilient spheres and no sign that they have any use whatsoever.)
20. Eb the grey goblin guard.
21. Retichal. You need her permission to talk to the king. Then go through the door to the south and speak with Ketchaval, King of the Gray Goblins. He'll tell you about Navrey Night-Eyes. Probably best if you don't mention having spoken with the Green Goblins.
22. Navrey. It's a good idea to grab the leeches from the cave before the bridge, as Navrel poisons. Grab all three things of thread, and drag one onto one of the two poles to turn it into a fishing pole. Thus are your food problems solved. The other two will be valuable later.
23. Through a secret door is this fountain, which heals you.

[/spoiler]

Yes, it's weird. I did google searches on certain sentences from this walkthrough, and I even did an IMAGE SEARCH, and google couldn't find any reference.
I liked this walkthrough because it was the most detailed-step-by-step walkthrough.
I'll try the other walkthroughs - even though they are not as detailed.

Last edited by andwan0; 30-01-2017 at 11:18 AM.
andwan0 is offline                         Send a private message to andwan0
Old 27-01-2017, 10:26 PM   #173
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

@andwan0

Weird. I can't find a single reference to that walkthrough on google. Nothing. There are plenty of walkthroughs out there though so unless you want that particular one, there is absolutely hope. Sir Cabirus' page has plenty of Ultima walkthroughs and tidbits of info.
Old 30-01-2017, 11:13 AM   #174
andwan0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Midget View Post
@andwan0

Weird. I can't find a single reference to that walkthrough on google. Nothing. There are plenty of walkthroughs out there though so unless you want that particular one, there is absolutely hope. Sir Cabirus' page has plenty of Ultima walkthroughs and tidbits of info.
Yes, it's weird. I did google searches on certain sentences from this walkthrough, and I even did an IMAGE SEARCH, and google couldn't find any reference.
I liked this walkthrough because it was the most detailed-step-by-step walkthrough.
I'll try the other walkthroughs - even though they are not as detailed.
andwan0 is offline                         Send a private message to andwan0
Old 30-01-2017, 04:59 PM   #175
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

If you use the walkthrough of Sir Cabirus, then keep in mind the map has clickable zones, even where there are no numbers. These zones will provide additional hints. Also, when you read the map notation and it says I36 or some other number, all those Ixx are items and there is a link further down the page to an index of all Ixx's on the map.

All in all, I found that walkthrough to be very good. You have the must-do as well as the can-do listed.
Old 18-03-2017, 08:45 AM   #176
Tseki

This game came with very cool "rune pouch"

http://ultimacollectors.info/uw1_pc_1.htm

Old 21-03-2017, 12:38 PM   #177
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tseki View Post

Neat
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 22-03-2017, 08:40 AM   #178
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tseki View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Neat
One thing you could count on when buying an ultima game: They would come in awesome boxes filled to the brim with tat and sometimes pretty cool stuff too. Cloth maps, plastic giant gems, rune bags, they used to spare no expenses on that stuff.
Old 22-03-2017, 04:40 PM   #179
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Now I really want a plastic giant gem :3

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 01-04-2017, 02:39 AM   #180
Scatty
Treasure hunter

When I purchased Ultima 8 back then, the box contained a full printed cloth map and a tin pentagram coin. Too bad I lost it all with time, but the game packages back then really used to be filled with love, all the content + manual, and sometimes even the hint books, can't even hope to see that in modern games with the scarce PDF manuals on CD if you're lucky, or nothing at all as usually.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty