Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Default Lemmings Chronicles, The

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and download (if available)
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 15-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
red_avatar
Administrator

Oo cool the review is up but the main page hasn't been updated yet

My take on the review:
"If you've played the previous games then there's not that much different here from the previous games at all bar new levels and a slight modification to the system"
I don't quite agree with the way this has been put. This Lemmings game plays very differently despite being mostly the same in essence. The way you have to pick up packages makes things very different. You got far less lemmings to save and you have to actively guide each one through the level to the exit while in the previous Lemmings games, you would block the huge masses of lemmings and let one guy do all the work of preparing the road there.

As a result, this is still a Lemmings games but quite a different one in approach when it focuses more on the lemming as an individual instead of just yet another one.
red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 15-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
blackboard
Forum hobbit

red_avatar is right, this Lemmings is very different from the other ones. The packages concept changes the whole Lemmings system where an individual Lemming is unimportant and only the mass has to be saved. With L3, the lemmings suddenly become different and have individual skills.
blackboard is offline                         Send a private message to blackboard
Old 17-01-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
LateBlt
Lurker

Plus, keep in mind that in this game, lemmings carry over from one level to the next, unlike the other games where you only have to meet some minimum for each level, and there is no penalty for killing off a couple of unneeded lemmings. In this game, you want to make each lemming count, since you never know how many you might be forced to sacrifice in later levels.
LateBlt is offline                         Send a private message to LateBlt
Old 27-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #5
Stelavara
Lurker

Default Hello!

I love Lemmings and especially Chronicles but i can`t play i don`t know why. I have DosBox and there were not this version of lemmings. If somebody could help me i will be very thankful.
Stelavara is offline                         Send a private message to Stelavara
Old 27-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #6
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelavara View Post
I love Lemmings and especially Chronicles but i can`t play i don`t know why. I have DosBox and there were not this version of lemmings. If somebody could help me i will be very thankful.
Please post in troubleshooting. Include DOSBox version, game version, operating system, any error messages as well as an accurate description of what happens when you try to run the game.